On mountain food. Remarkables and Coronet.

MikeM

Hard Yards
Jul 26, 2009
Sydney, Brisbane.. what day is it?
Hi all,

I'm Travelling with family to QT soon and need some help with available food options on mountain for The Remarkables and possibly Coronet Peak.

My wife and 5 year old are Gluten Free. We will take some nutbars, snacks, fruit etc up in the backpack but I'm trying to find what menu options are available up the hill.

What would be awesome is it someone can post a photo of the menus.

Planning to Ski mostly the Remarks but we'll see what conditions do.

Happy wife happy life.

Thanks in advance.
Mike.

Peanut

One of Us
Mar 3, 2018
I haven’t been to Remarks since 2019, but from memory, the eating establishments there have always had gluten free options. They should have menus published on their website. They definitely existed the last time I went looking.

All the places to eat are in the base building that you go through to access the mountain. There’s a fast food option, a slightly fancier option that does good hot meals (e.g. curries, nachos, soups, etc.), and the cafe that does coffee, cakes and breakfast options.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

DPS Driver

A Local
Jul 18, 2014
NZ in general is good for Gluten Free. I'm GF as well, so having skied most resorts in the region know where to get a decent GF meal if required.
At the Remarks, The coffee shop, the cafe and the restaurant usually all have decent GF options. I've not seen any menus for this season but you shouldn't have any worries.
Also the supermarkets have a good range as well.

MikeM

Hard Yards
Jul 26, 2009
Sydney, Brisbane.. what day is it?
Thanks for the reply DPS Driver.

I agree with your sentiment that NZ in general seems pretty good with GF. There seems to be plenty of options in Queenstown. We are already looking forward Taco Medic and Eriks Fish and Chips as they are both 100% GF.

Thankyou for you insights on the on mountain options, thats what we haven't been able to find out. I emailed guest services at NZSki and recieved this response;

Thanks for getting in touch. We do have a few selected options on the mountains to cater to Gluten Free but I wouldn't say super extensive options. We do not have a menu we can send through as it is a bit more a self-service operation up there. Potentially I would think about bringing your own food as a back up option if you have quite specific dietary requirements!

So I guess on day 1 we'll take some backup options and figure it out from there.

Reactions: DPS Driver

chunky

Pool Room
Ski Pass
Jul 24, 1998
brisbane,qld,aus
This was from Coronet from one side of the food area. I went looking but not a lot marked GF.

20220714_132454.jpg

20220714_132442.jpg

Reactions: MikeM
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using