One world Round the world flights.

BammBamm

Hard Yards
Nov 2, 2007
Melbourne
I've done rtw business twice. Not sure about economy rewards seats but for business you need to book when the seats open on popular routes (~12 months out).

Kash

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 9, 2007
Sydney
134K points needed. Have.

Thinking
Sydney -Hong Kong
HK to Milan.
May overland to UK.
London to SFO.
SFO to Tokyo.
Tokyo to Sydney.

Next December Jan. 2022/23

Thoughts?

Economy reward seats pretty poor value in general given the amount of taxes you pay, if you have enough points def recommend business for 280k. Obviously availability tighter in (mainly in and out of aus, ok elsewhere). If you dont have the points, there is still time to get bonus points via 2 or 3 new credit cards by the booking period commencing in Dec21.

Looking at skiing in Italy? Amazing if you havent been. Recommend Val Di Fassa. White Christmas in any of the Euro resorts would be magic. We had a stunning white c hristmas at Lake Bled one year, decent skiing nearby but its more of a destination.

BammBamm

Hard Yards
Nov 2, 2007
Melbourne
It is.
May be a combination of points and $ if they do that?

You can buy points from Q but they are quite expensive. You can buy points for cheaper on the market but they've cracked down on it and you have no recourse. Best bet would be to do some quick claims i.e. credit cards, insurance etc.

Donza

Dogs body...
Ski Pass
Platinum
Apr 21, 2004
woonona
You can buy points from Q but they are quite expensive. You can buy points for cheaper on the market but they've cracked down on it and you have no recourse. Best bet would be to do some quick claims i.e. credit cards, insurance etc.
Yeah or ask the inlaws for some points.

Reactions: BammBamm
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

BammBamm

Hard Yards
Nov 2, 2007
Melbourne
150k point will set you back aroun $4035...

I've got 600k saved up atm. covid putting a stop to travel has meant it's worth saving up until the world opens up again. Promised my 10yo I'd take him rtw business lol

The only worry with saving them is if Qantas devalues them further or in the unlikely event Qantas folds and you lose them all (which did happen with Ansett)

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass