Question Opening Weekend

Pottsy

Hard Yards
Jun 17, 2011
Does Selwyn usually open on the opening long weekend? Does anyone have a general guide for how much terrain/lifts would be open assuming there no/minimal natural snowfall?

Jonathan_P

One of Us
Ski Pass
Dec 22, 2018
Generally not much for June long weekend. Last year there was no skiing from memory, year before there was skiing but minimal terrain.

The low altitude makes the start and end of the season a bit of a gamble. But always the first to announce 100% terrain open.

We have friends that ski there regularly.

LibertyTS

Hard Yards
Ski Pass
Jun 16, 2017
Braidwood, NSW
Yeah, Selwyn is kinda potluck opening weekend. It is pretty rare for them to have any decent coverage at that stage. As for their snow making ability, they are getting better and better, but they really do need the help of some natural falls to kick off their season. You are safer betting on a Selwyn trip from mid-July through August, unless you live close-ish and can just drive down whenever like I tend to.

I ended up there a few times a year with my 7 & 8 yr old girls as it's just easier and they don't get to ski often (Live on the Gold Coast with my Ex) enough yet to keep their skill level up. I have been lucky the last few years and ended up their after\during decent falls and have enjoyed myself enough, especially once my girls come out of their morning lesson and I get to spend my afternoon laughing with them as they repeat their ski-stack-giggle-stack-giggle-ski...... process.

You planning a family trip?

Reactions: Sir Surfalot
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Learn how membership works on these forums
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass