1. SPECIAL NOTE TO NEW REGISTRATIONS

If you recently registered and have not received a confirmation email - please check your 'Spam or Junk' folders. Especially if your email is Hotmail. More help with confirmation issues

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice
  2. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Apr├Ęs topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Options for a 2.5year old

Discussion in 'Perisher' started by 3decks, May 7, 2017.

1. 3decks

3decks One of Us

Hey all,

Ive had no luck trying to get information from the Perisher site about what options are available for a 2.5year old child.

From what I can see:

Day pass $free
    Season pass $37 (incl skitube)

Under 3 - Childcare (no skiing) ~$100/day +$70/hr for lessons
    Under 3 - Private lessons $$$$

Over 3 - Group lessons ~$100/day

I thought there was an option for sub 3yrs previously.

Any one have any tips/experience?

Cheers,

#1 3decks, May 7, 2017
    Last edited: May 7, 2017
  2. Legs Akimbo

Legs Akimbo Grumblebum Ski Pass: Gold

The creche takes them from about 6 months. There are no lessons for under 3s.

20 years ago we got our 2y 8m into classes. We lied about her age. She had been going to the creche for years, so they knew her well and did not ask us silly questions.

3. kaegee

kaegee One of Us Ski Pass: Gold

We had our D 2.7 on skis at Friday Flat which a bit better suited to littlies . Skiing between legs and a bit of snow ploughing . Also with friends tag teaming runs at Kosi. 31/2 was much better ... strength , familiarity etc . IMO if you can get them snow ploughing down and onto the chair having fun before handing over to SS everyone will be happy. Time well spent...can now watch D12 ski off with her mates ... bestest

piolet, cin and LMB like this.
  4. Egbert

Egbert One of Us

From memory, kids club or lessons required over 3 years and toilet trained.

This was about 8 years ago.

#4 Egbert, May 7, 2017
    Last edited: May 7, 2017
  5. K_Bird

K_Bird Addicted Ski Pass: Silver

Last year and the year before they had "Little Stars". It was a full day of daycare, plus a 1 hour private lesson, for kids aged between 2-3. No toilet training required. It was $97 a day, making it a full $40/day cheaper than my 2yo's usual daycare.

Maybe it's gone now that Vail are in charge? Worth a phone call to ask about it specially.

6. Snow Blowey

Snow Blowey Old n' Crusty Ski Pass: Gold

Pretty sure i got my 2.5 yr old into a lesson at Smiggins. After 2 days of going straight i decided she needed to learn how to plough and i couldn't teach her - never was good at getting ladies to listen to me. Booked her a 1hour private at Smiggins.

I watched covertly. Instructor had her ploughing in about 20 minutes. Daughter lost her shit at 45 minutes in so i stepped in, thanked the instructor and we left the next lesson for later.

Pretty sure we even had a pre-lesson meltdown originally and they let us cancel at the start time and re-schedule for the following morning.

piolet likes this.
  7. Jonathan_P

Jonathan_P One of Us

Reviving an old thread.

Wife is not skiing this year so thinking of ideas on how to keep our little 2.5 year old entertained for the 3 trips we will be taking this season.

Interested on hearing from anyone who has put their child in the Little Stars program as an add on for daycare at Perisher.

Thoughts? Was it good and did the kids have fun?

We were not going to put her in daycare but the spotted this but not a lot of detail on website other than it includes 1 hour lesson and equipment hire.