1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Apr├Ęs topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

overnight parking

Discussion in 'Falls Creek' started by beexy, Aug 7, 2008.

1. beexy

beexy First Runs

am staying at falls creek for 5 nights in a few weeks just wondering wen leaving can you move your car from long term car parking to the day car park so we can just walk our stuff down and not have 2 worry about the oversnow that i have bin hearing so much bad feedback about. any help appreciated

2. currawong

currawong Old but not so Crusty Ski Pass: Gold

Yes. [​IMG]

If it's the weekend you could have a bit of trouble if the day park is full. However there are loading areas at bottom of slalom st and gully. If you can get all your gear to one of those, leave someone to mind it, point and then get the car, you don't need a day park.

#2 currawong, Aug 7, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2013
  3. beexy

beexy First Runs

great tnx currawong. was wondering cause we have 2 be out of accomm by 10am and still want a full day on the slopes

4. beexy

beexy First Runs

i keep hearing about peak time for oversnow. wat times would "peak time" be around on a sunday

5. currawong

currawong Old but not so Crusty Ski Pass: Gold

I'm mainly a day-tripper so I'm no expert on oversnow. ring oversnow and ask them what they recommend as a less busy time.

but to give you a bit of an idea:
    i think it depends a bit on the weather. most people travelling from Melbourne will hit falls early to mid afternoon, say 1-3. people leaving will be more likely to want to go early if the weather is bad, say 10-12 but will spread into the afternoon if the conditions are good, making the afternoon peak even bigger.

6. Apresski

Apresski Pool Room Ski Pass: Gold

It also depends on the buses, 50 people all wanting to leave at the same time adds to the mix.
    Beexy, ask your accommofation to hold your luggage 'til you finish for the day, then you don't have to worry about moving your car.

7. Ulmerhutte

Ulmerhutte First Runs

I am going to argue the converse... getting the car early in the morning, and putting it into the day carpark, means a much quicker getaway in the afternoon. We do just that... get the car early, ski down to it with our luggage, and then ski for the day. At the end of the day, we just change at the day centre and hit the road within 30 mins of our last run.

Worth noting... with the decrease in overnight parking in the village - probably well over a 100 spots have been lost, many more people are being parked down the mountain, right down to Howmans Gap. Having to get the car from there at the end of the day will add a lot of time (an hour or more?) to your departure time.

8. Apresski

Apresski Pool Room Ski Pass: Gold

While that is the best plan Ulmerhutte, I was responding to the suggested lack of day parking.

9. beexy

beexy First Runs

tnx for the info guys

10. chopobo

chopobo First Runs

sorry to hijack this thread but its related
    we are planning to drive up on 29th and arrive late in the afternoon
    now the website states 30 for entry per day
    i plan to leave the car overnight for 2 nights
    does that mean i have to pay 30 for each day the car is parked in the resort?

11. Ulmerhutte

Ulmerhutte First Runs

I believe under the new rules you will pay for the 2 nights, but call FCRM and confirm.