Oversnow

Maxcimus

Hard Yards
Jul 11, 2007
Hey all, some friends and I arrive at falls creek this sunday the 23rd and wondering if it is possible to drive/walk to accommodation to avoid oversnow charges. We were going to bring a few cartons of beer and wine etc.. and our gear. We are staying at Kilimanjaro, how far is that from the car park? Kind of hard to tell from the maps. Cheers

kasto

First Runs
Nov 8, 2006
Melbourne
If there is still no snow on the roads then i would say it would be possible to walk to your accom depending on how fit you are as it is all up hill...

Maxcimus

Hard Yards
Jul 11, 2007
So i take it driving is defiantly out of the question? What kind of distance would you say it would be?

Maxcimus

Hard Yards
Jul 11, 2007
haha i like it, not sure how easy it will be too board with a couple of cartons each though

kasto

First Runs
Nov 8, 2006
Melbourne
Im pretty sure there are no public cars allowed on the village roads throughout the season... Also not 100% sure on the distance to your accom, but IMO to walk from the oversnow terminal to the bowl with no snow on the roads would take no more than 20min.
Or you could take Teckel's option - would be easier thatn walking.

call_me_joe

First Runs
Jun 2, 2008
Falls Creek
At the moment there is no snow on the roads, so they are allowing cars to enter the village to drop off and pick up. There is a 30 minute limit. Once you drop of your gear just drive back to the gate and the parking guys will take you to your park and drop you off close to your lodge.Teckel suggested going up falls express and sking down, which would be interesting as you cant take anything but ski gear and a small bag on that chair. Also you will have to walk down coz the trails are still closed. BTW gully chair proberly wont be running on the weekend.

Apresski

Pool Room
Ski Pass
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
If the predicted snow arrives this weekend you will not be allowed to drive to Kilimanjaro and it is a pretty difficult walk. If you want to save money, send one member of your party up with all the gear and the rest of you can walk up.

ausi ski bum

A Local
Jan 1, 1970
Near Cootamundra NSW
If the roads are clear then you will be allowed to drive in, even with the layer of snow on the roads Friday evening I was able to drive up to Cedarwood.

If you do want to walk up to Kilimanjaro walk up from the Halleys Bullet Express (FCE)and just past Halleys Lodge up the side of the lodge you will see steel stairs that take you straight up to Kilimanjaro, I always use these to go up to Cedarwood cutting out the whole Juliians to Koki corner.

They have added to these stairs over summer, the top uses to be a bit tricky but the steel now goes all the way to the road, much safer.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass