1. SPECIAL NOTE TO NEW REGISTRATIONS

If you recently registered and have not received a confirmation email - please check your 'Spam or Junk' folders. Especially if your email is Hotmail. More help with confirmation issues

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice
  2. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Après topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Question Parking near perisher

Discussion in 'Perisher' started by Galaxianape, Aug 23, 2019.

Tags:
  1. skifree

skifree grey Moderator Ski Pass: Gold

So your answer in post #98 was meant to read No & Yes?

2. Donzah

Donzah Old n' Crusty Ski Pass: Gold

maybe

IAB and skifree like this.
  3. Aractus

Aractus Hard Yards

Oh right sure, but Perisher is the one that directs the parking as @Donzah mentioned. So they're the ones that sometimes leave excessive gaps when there's a snow covered car park, and that's what would have led to that 3-car file with parked-in cars, as well as that unusual parking file in my photo. And yes the drivers in the third file should have been fined IMHO. All I meant with Perisher is that they shouldn't be leaving gaps that are way too big or problems like that are bound to happen. The reason they don't have proper barriers and signage up in the car park is probably because it makes it harder to plough.

Those pot holes recently covered the entire front of my car in mud. I thought people are not stupid enough to drive through pot-holes, boy was I wrong!

4. Donzah

I've never seen Perisher staff park cars poorly on a snow day.
    Ever
    I've seen plenty of poorly parked cars on snow days, but that wasn't a result of staff.
    They weren't there. Pretty much every weekday fresh day

skifree likes this.
  5. robbo mcs

robbo mcs One of Us Ski Pass: Gold

The parking attendants are not there for most days of the season. I assume they are a service perisher provides to parks to assist at busy times. Similar to the perisher shuttle buses which bring people up and down from overflow parking on the road, Prussian creek and Dainers gap. I note that once the car park is full, parking on the road and other sites is supervised by a combination of Stadelman’s workers and some parks people, not Perisher staff.

Parking infringement tickets in the carpark are issued by parks staff.

Ted Harper and Donzah like this.
  6. Aractus

Aractus Hard Yards

They don't issue any parking infringement tickets, I've never seen one, they just issue park entry reminder notices.

Right, they didn't park the cars "poorly" but left a very, very wide gap between the rows of parked cars (at least that was the case in my photo and I can confirm since I was there that they were directing traffic to park like that), it's not at all surprising later punters decided to use the space in the middle in that unusual way.

FYI I don't think that file of cars is "poorly parked" at all, they parked quite sensibly really other than the fact they could have been a single-row facing normally.

7. Donzah

You saw them park the cars in this manner?

8. Aractus

Aractus Hard Yards

Not the cars in the middle, I saw them parking the row leaving that gap about 2x as big as normal.

9. robbo mcs

robbo mcs One of Us Ski Pass: Gold

They certainly do issue parking infringement tickets, separate from park entry tickets. You can get these in the Perisher car park if you park on the yellow hatched no parking areas, or if you park in the short term drop off area or disabled spots near the bridge/ski tube building. Also you will get one if you park overnight in the carpark.

Most commonly these are for the hatched area at the southeast end of rows, next to the chained off allocated spots. On busy days people decide to park on the hatched area, which reduces the exit area to one lane. I have seen the parks people go along and give every car (dozens of them) tickets.