1. SPECIAL NOTE TO NEW REGISTRATIONS

If you recently registered and have not received a confirmation email - please check your 'Spam or Junk' folders. Especially if your email is Hotmail. More help with confirmation issues

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice
  2. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Apr├Ęs topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

PB Photos - 6/7/07

Discussion in 'Perisher' started by Gimble, Jul 23, 2007.

1. Gimble

Gimble First Runs

Here are a couple of photos I took on our last day at the snow - at the time, said to be the best day of the season so far. I don't doubt it, no way jose.

Only the first shot was taken on a real camera, the others were on my phone, but they are ok.

[​IMG]
    Friday morning, the only day we got there before the lifts opened [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    On our way up the forester quad for our first runs.

[​IMG]
    At the top. It was very windblown and icey up here, but a great view. (I know the horizon is not level, shh)

[​IMG]
    Looking back at all the fresh in the trees above pretty valley. This is about the spot you can see in the top right of the second picture. After this we dropped into pretty valley to find stacks more fresh, some good jumps and even a 9ft drop which I attempted 3 times but couldn't stick [​IMG]

#1 Gimble, Jul 23, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2013
  2. hongomania

hongomania One of Us Ski Pass: 30 Day

great pics wish i was there

3. Pied_Piper

Pied_Piper First Runs

Hah, was the 9ft the last bowl before the run narrows under the chairlift?

I luuuurve a certain lin from the top of the quad thru into pretty valley, compramising 3 jumps/drop-offs, (~4, ~5, ~9ft) then into some tree, and race down to the next lift (intercepter?) below the double.

possibly my favorite line in all AU.

4. Gimble

Gimble First Runs

Thanks, I wish I was there too [​IMG]

Nah the drop (which I'm only guessing was 9ft, because it was taller than me) was right at the top actually. You had to go to the left once you got off the chairlift, drop down into pretty valley, but stay wide of the main run (ie. the groomed bits) and after only about 20 - 30m you went between two trees and straight off the drop. It was a sheer drop, but you landed (or fell as I did) on tons of powder.

#4 Gimble, Jul 24, 2007
  5. Micky P

Micky P One of Us

6. snow boy

snow boy First Runs

nice pics, i really wanna go to PB one day looks like there's a lot of really good drop offs on that run [​IMG]

#6 snow boy, Jul 24, 2007
  7. Tricky

Tricky First Runs

Gday i see u drove up was there anyone checking 4wds for chains on the way up i heard there doin it a lot in victoria
    oh yeah slick photos nice nice nice...
    Cant wait for this weekend

8. Gimble

Gimble First Runs

When we were up there we used chains once, because I've never driven in snow before, then we realised everyone in 4wd's had no chains on, so we didn't bother after that. Just drove real careful [​IMG]

I think the interceptor is even better for drops, but I've never actually done it, since I've only been to the snow 3 times. I will probably do it next year though, since I even amazed myself how much better I got this year.

Thanks for the comments too.

#8 Gimble, Jul 25, 2007