Status
Not open for further replies.

FixedGrip

Kick-Ass Blaster
Ski Pass
May 31, 2005
The Chammy
Very good!

Tight, but no pain at all. Feet were a little tender after Sat, but perfect on Sunday.

Thank you Ajays Heathmont
thumbsup.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

FourSquare04

A Local
Sep 11, 2001
Wollongong
Sounds like this weekend just gone was a lot quieter in Jindy and on the hills than the previous 2. The weekend before when I was there was pretty mental, the busiest I have ever seen Jindy & Perisher.

dawooduck

relaxed and comfortable
Ski Pass
Oct 26, 2002
Mountains
The weekend before was the lead in weekend to the State Interschools so every skiing family was in town and ... very excellent snow as well.

Kids winter sport is in finals mode and summer sport registrations are starting and we now enter the transition period. This is the period where the ski fields can start measuring the effect of their discounted passes on extended season visitations.

skiflat

Old n' Crusty
Aug 10, 1999
FourSquare04 said:
Sounds like this weekend just gone was a lot quieter in Jindy and on the hills than the previous 2. The weekend before when I was there was pretty mental, the busiest I have ever seen Jindy & Perisher.

Agree

skiflat

Old n' Crusty
Aug 10, 1999
What a great weekend!

7:20am skitube and breakfast at Aldo's at 7:40

Fast, friendly and EPIC breakfast, coffee was great too!
ebf4de19.jpg

As we left after breakfast we saw these signs going up again and I was very happy
aafa5cb6.jpg

A quick lap on the V8 at 8:20 and then across towards Mt P..
Near Lawson T Bar - WAS deep
53afb59d.jpg

8affd77d.jpg

Lunch at the Burning Log, which has never had any logs actually burning this Winter...
eda67b63.jpg

Moar advertising at the end of the day on the Pleasant Valley quad
5ddecf87.jpg

Advertising on Sunday in Jindy
4d75c22d.jpg

Evening catering back in the apartment was sufficient
77c3f274.jpg

Skied most of the mountain except under the Ridge Quad

Summit was boiler plate and not worth it, which explains why it was very quiet up there

Mt Perisher was great first up and it was a good 30-50cms there and was not busy at all. Rode here first up for an hour or so

Mid station hot chocolate and muffin deal was so good!!

North Perisher T was tracked and heavy snow by 11:30 so we didn't stay there long

Guthega, again, was very very nice

Longest lift line was Ridge of about 10 mins, but staff were ensuring groups of 4 were made at all times

Apologies for lack of photos, but was too busy skiing to take that many!

One of the best weekends, if not the best, at Perisher so far. Thredbo the next day, was slightly better though I think!

Mils

One of Us
Jun 3, 2011
Gold Coast
P was great today still.

I thought it might have sugared up, but only roller and that side of BC was sugary.

The morning was fast and dry, lots of fun!

ODNT

Part of the Furniture
Jul 28, 2010
Thx guys ,good posts. 4 moar sleeps
woohoo.gif

H

Hacski

skidown said:
Moar advertising at the end of the day on the Pleasant Valley quad
5ddecf87.jpg
I didn't envy the people whose job it was to put the signs up on the chair towers - having to climb up the ladder on the other side of the tower (hanging onto the Freedom Pass sign with one hand) and although tied on with a safety lead it still must have been tricky to reach around pull out the old sign and slot the new ones in. It did add interest to the ride up watching them.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

ODNT

Part of the Furniture
Jul 28, 2010
mx_boarder said:
eda67b63.jpg

So many dudes bro.

Id like to know what the older dude is thinking sitting on the left.
laugh.gif

H

Hacski

ODNT said:
...Id like to know what the older dude is thinking sitting on the left.
laugh.gif
Looks like he's had his beer and finished his lunch so is taking a nanna nap, so at a guess it would be oh good they're getting ready to head back out so I can nod off

CBR

Hard Yards
Aug 28, 2012
Cranberry
Newbie here *waves*

Have just returned from a 3.5 day jaunt to Perisher (and spending today in bed recovering from bumps and bruises and a wicked cold!).

Travelled down on Friday morning to get a half-day in, but Friday arvo was whack - windy as all hell. We hung around Leichhardt and Happy Valley, and it was raining/sleeting/snowy as all hell. Could barely see anything and accidentally went down the black near The Cleft, which would have been okay except for the hugely deep invisible powder! 2 stacks, one of which left me on my back with my right ski stuck in vertically. Fail!

Saturday was clearer but still very windy - did a 9:30 group lesson (intermediate level 5) and were taken up to Mount P, which was so incredibly windy going down it was pretty much slabs of ice interspersed with pockets of deep powder. We abandoned Towers and went down Sidewinder instead, ending up in very deep powder at the bottom heading to the Mt P double. I've had some experience in powder when I was in Niseko in Feb, but the Aussie-only skiers in our group (some of whom had overestimated their ability and were snowploughing down the ice on Mt P!) were floundering a bit. Stacked it myself slowing down to help someone who'd wiped themselves out in a deep pocket - trying to reski was not a whole lot of fun..! From there we went up the Mt P double and down Sun Valley, which was also quite icy but a heck of a lot better than Mt P. In the arvo we headed over to Blue Cow and flailed around there until it was just too unpleasant to hang around.

Sunday we went all over the place - Mt P, down to Sun Valley, Mid-station for a very necessary hot chocolate, Copperhead Rd to the Interceptor, did that a few times and then the Lower Rollercoaster (rather slushy!) to the Ridge Quad. There I did my first run down Zali's, which seemed.. well, surprisingly easy! Bit of ice down the middle but the rest was smooth and sugary. Wonderful, I loved it, and felt like I'd improved massively from Friday arvo. Had lunch at the Blue Cow terminal where a truly *awful* band was playing - we couldn't not listen as it was too nice in the sun outside to sit inside! We returned to Front Valley via Cold Shoulder and the Brumby T-Bar (an interesting experience for the lower intermediate boarder with us - his first T-bar!). I did have a stack - peeking over the very icy edge of Kamikaze on my way down Zali's and subsequent shitting of pants - but otherwise, grand for day three fatigue!

Monday was. Absolutely. Phenomenal. Bluebird, and we decided to give Guthega a go (sans boarder) and, well, it was okay. Deserted but very firm, except for Mother-in-Law (easy) and Schnaxl (also easy). Karl's Weg (Home Trail?) down to the bottom of the Carpark Double resembled a bobsled track, as did Woodpecker (which we diverted to after discovering Parachute was closed). That side of Guthega was just rather unpleasant, so we got bored and headed back to Blue Cow. Three times down Zali's for me, and three times down Kamikaze for my mates (one of which a first-timer down it - didn't stack!), lunch at Midstation, and then over to Mt P. The Olympic T-bar was open, my mates encouraging and I felt brave, so we headed on up. Had a bit of a moment near the top where I tried to plan a way down without breaking my neck, but after that made it to the bottom with nary a stack. Score! At this point it was about 2pm and we were all feeling knackered and needing to head home (myself to CBR and my mates back to SYD), so I did a final run down Towers and my mates down Sun Valley.

All in all, amazing trip. I feel like I've improved dramatically, such that I can (mostly) keep up with my mates (one of whom is a gun, the other ex-volunteer ski patrol). Win all around! (Sorry for the lengthy review!)

ODNT

Part of the Furniture
Jul 28, 2010
A L5 snow ploughing down Mt P. Im sure that would of made the instructor happy.

H

Hacski

CBR said:
...In the arvo we headed over to Blue Cow and flailed around there until it was just too unpleasant to hang around...
Indeed CBR

CBR

Hard Yards
Aug 28, 2012
Cranberry
Hacski said:
CBR said:
...In the arvo we headed over to Blue Cow and flailed around there until it was just too unpleasant to hang around...
Indeed CBR

Here's Blue Cow that afternoon! (View from the bar balcony - Easy Rider to the left)

9081518.jpg

EDIT: not sure why that's not showing up..

mod note: there is a minimum number of posts you need to make before certain things appear. I think you should be right now.

FixedGrip

Kick-Ass Blaster
Ski Pass
May 31, 2005
The Chammy
CBR said:
mx_boarder said:
So you skied OK with a cold?

Paging Donza.

Pseudoephedrine and an entire tube of paw-paw for the rubbed-raw nose!

Background to comment - Donza had a sniffle and bailed on the Jindy weekend.

CBR

Hard Yards
Aug 28, 2012
Cranberry
Hah. Like I said - newby ;) I do admit that said horrid cold (possibly flu) didn't really hit until yesterday - and I can't at the moment tell the difference between flu aches and ski aches ;)

Donza

Dogs body...
Platinum
Apr 21, 2004
woonona
mx_boarder said:
CBR said:
mx_boarder said:
So you skied OK with a cold?

Paging Donza.

Pseudoephedrine and an entire tube of paw-paw for the rubbed-raw nose!

Background to comment - Donza had a sniffle and bailed on the Jindy weekend.
No car either
sick child

skiflat

Old n' Crusty
Aug 10, 1999
CBR said:
Hah. Like I said - newby
wink.gif
I do admit that said horrid cold (possibly flu) didn't really hit until yesterday - and I can't at the moment tell the difference between flu aches and ski aches
wink.gif

Newby's are very welcome
wink.gif

BobGnarly

One of Us
Feb 23, 2012
Nagano
Did paralyzer again today with MD0086. 3 laps for me but only 2 for MD cause he dropped his board after the first run and ended up walking almost down to the creek to get it
laugh.gif
. Nice work MD!
Good meeting up with you too man.

BobGnarly

One of Us
Feb 23, 2012
Nagano
Also met a party of about 8 skiers at the summit on my second lap. Apart from 1 guy they were pretty much total snobs and werent interested in talking at all. Poor form.

BobGnarly

One of Us
Feb 23, 2012
Nagano
I know I was shocked to be honest. Usually everyone is just stoked to be out there and happy to see others around. I kinda felt like I was in aspen and not wearing the cool gear
laugh.gif

featherplucker

Hard Yards
Jul 8, 2009
Sydney/Melbourne
www.flickr.com
Sounds like me on the weekend. GFot a nasty cold on the friday, but sucked it up and chewed on some pseudoephedrine and made it through the weekend. Was skiing around with a tube of paw paw for the nose and a box of tissues in the backpack, blowing my nose after every run. Paying for it now I think.

ODNT

Part of the Furniture
Jul 28, 2010
BobGnarly said:
I know I was shocked to be honest. Usually everyone is just stoked to be out there and happy to see others around. I kinda felt like I was in aspen and not wearing the cool gear
laugh.gif

Maybe they were shitting themselves, out of there depth & lost for words.
laugh.gif

CBR

Hard Yards
Aug 28, 2012
Cranberry
featherplucker said:
Sounds like me on the weekend. GFot a nasty cold on the friday, but sucked it up and chewed on some pseudoephedrine and made it through the weekend. Was skiing around with a tube of paw paw for the nose and a box of tissues in the backpack, blowing my nose after every run. Paying for it now I think.

Yep. I feel like death and I have a giant red raw patch underneath my nose where my top lip used to be.

featherplucker

Hard Yards
Jul 8, 2009
Sydney/Melbourne
www.flickr.com
7 days and counting until the next trip, just have to make sure I get rid of this cold before then, but all should be well! Next weekend should be a cracker, plus it's my first time ever staying on snow - at lodge 21 in smiggins, fingers crossed all goes well.

steeps

One of Us
May 8, 2006
I'm a proud New South Welshman
Hi

Log on to My Ride and purchase on-line in advance today if pssoible (7days min in advance). The Shoulder price applies from the 10th. Choose the "Any 5 out of 7 pass", choose adults or kids and hey presto. This is the average price per day. Brilliant stuff from PB. It makes this family happy to keep skiing !!!

skiflat

Old n' Crusty
Aug 10, 1999
agentBM said:
Feather...yeah not top market but plenty good. Bloke who owns it is on site all the time. Straight across the carpark. Plenty of good laughs there. I got some free rooms...owner is a mate.

steeps.....thanks for the ticket advice.

You get free accom and you were complaining about the cost of skiing in aus .....

Ummmm

You have it far better than most

Ultra

One of Us
Jun 2, 2009
NSW
Brilliant day, cover is in top condition, little wind, guthega was empty, as usual, or so I though till I got to burning log, bit of a T bar wait. Still busy but no where near the ques that I had in mid August.
Spent most of the day on the ridge and summit, visited guthega and made my way back to front valley via pleasant and pretty valley chairs. Copperhead road was a little icy as was the top half of pleasant valley. Apart from that, cover is excellent, soft and yet still fast.
After yesterday's dumps, guthega was sweeeeeet anywhere through the trees. And as my partner found out, they do hurt when you hit them.

Oh, and for some reason I have won the fathers day badge, on the Saturday....

neko

Hard Yards
Sep 1, 2008
Cover was awesome today, even groomers were fun high up. Huge amounts of untracked snow and some very deep drifts off interceptor and wide on north p t-bar. Doesn't get much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass