Snow Report Perisher 2017 - Trip Reports, Pics & Conditions

Normo

Mostly Harmless
Ski Pass
Sep 21, 2011
Summer: Berowra Waters. Winter: Jindabyne
Very easy drive up. Chains from Wilsons. Clear at the top of the mountain. Good looking day ahead. Bright and white!
IMG_1815.JPG

Ozgirl

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Jul 5, 2007
Sydney/Jindy
You'll be looked after in Balmain. Just say "Hemsley" sent me.
I had a kiwi guys last december after my stress fracture - that wasn't a stress fracture - 3 weeks prior to flying to europe.

Didn't quite understand skiing but still credit him for getting me to be able to ski!

skull

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 4, 2017
Harden up sunshine ;). As is my usual "lets really experience winter" attitude I shall be in my trusty double king swag at the AAV in Jindy. If you know how to set up its rather warm and comfortable.

I will be rocking a tent, sway, 2 X -20 sleeping bags and have an additional doona.

If it is clear I might forgo the tent and just use the swag either on the ground or in the car.

Will be staying at discovery park. With all this fresh snow this week there was no way I was only going to do a day trip. Wife isn't crazy, she is staying at home with the kids.

newman

One of Us
Sep 8, 2016
Just had a sensational week staying at Teds COACHMAN lodge.
Being an egomaniac I made a little vid of the trip.

You can watch here and dont forget to activate HD.

*not the greatest snow sliders ever, we know, but we have fun.

robbo mcs

One of Us
Ski Pass
Sep 1, 2008
Kenthurst / Jindabyne
Very easy drive up. Chains from Wilsons. Clear at the top of the mountain. Good looking day ahead. Bright and white!
IMG_1815.JPG

Theres something about that photo that makes Mt P look like a real mountain. Probably a combination of the perspective, light on the slope and the cloud/fog rolling off the top into sun valley. Nice photo. Pity it's just an optical illusion, it hasn't grown, and is still really just a hill :)

DidSurfNowSki

One of them
Ski Pass
Jan 19, 2014
Canberra, ACT
Theres something about that photo that makes Mt P look like a real mountain. Probably a combination of the perspective, light on the slope and the cloud/fog rolling off the top into sun valley. Nice photo. Pity it's just an optical illusion, it hasn't grown, and is still really just a hill :)
Lies I say!

In the Oxford English Dictionary a mountain is defined as "a natural elevation of the earth surface rising more or less abruptly from the surrounding level and attaining an altitude which, relatively to the adjacent elevation, is impressive or notable.

Mt P rises to ‎2,054 metres (6,739 ft) and has the mighty Towers run, the Eyre Bowl, Sun Valley and the Olympic t-bar (sort of)! Meets the criteria in all respects ! ;)

Billy Jack

One of Us
Jul 6, 2016
Might only be a hill but it's my home hill and I love it.

skull

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 4, 2017
And who said it?
And why did they say it?

Well car is packed, swag in the back tent, under the seat. Leaving here at 5AM.

EDIT: Also fibbed to the young bloke and told him I had to head off for work this weekend. He would be gutted if he found out I went down to the snow.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Learn how membership works on these forums
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass