Snow Report Perisher 2017 - Trip Reports, Pics & Conditions

Skichic2

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Feb 22, 2017
I don't think so. Anything I'd want is running today, shame I'm not there though!
They could use Mitchell, at least first thing in the morning. Otherwise it was ski straight onto everything today. Conditions not so nice though, dark clouds, windy and refrozen snow. #straya

fmdc9

Hard Yards
Sep 20, 2015
Maybe, or it might have been the crowds. On Saturday they were lined up outside and up the stairs!
Maybe. Any first hand reports on whether theyve restocked?
The fact that theyre open today suggests it might go throigh one more weekend.

Billy Jack

One of Us
Jul 6, 2016
Maybe. Any first hand reports on whether theyve restocked?
The fact that theyre open today suggests it might go throigh one more weekend.
Cowpuccino was closed today. Looks like its done for the season. Blue Cow Bistro had no pies, sausage rolls, sandwiches, wraps, curries,etc when I called in around 12.30. It was only serving its fried crap and burgers to the biggest queue I saw anywhere all day. I didn't see what was happening at the Burning Log.

robbo mcs

One of Us
Ski Pass
Sep 1, 2008
Kenthurst / Jindabyne
Saw some school groups today on FV. The ill fitting helmets on top of beanies with sunglasses are the giveaway :D

My personal rule, if you see a swarm of kids all wearing something bright or fluoro tied around an arm / leg / on the helmet, then turn around and get as far away from them as quickly possible:eek: These swarms are most frequently spotted around the triple chair at smigs and terminal chair at BC. You have been warned, approach at your own risk;)

MarkGC

One of Youse
Ski Pass
Jul 28, 2010
Northern NSW
Each year I enjoy the occasional ride on the Kaateen triple, watching school kids dare each other to take on the awesome power of Chair Run and the carnage that follows LOL, just don't sit in the middle spot and be ready to take evasive action at exit.

A few years ago I ran into a group from my old school lead by my 1992 year 9 science teacher.

Reactions: Snowy Joey

northsail

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jan 7, 2011
Gods country, Martinsville
Cowpuccino was closed today. Looks like its done for the season. Blue Cow Bistro had no pies, sausage rolls, sandwiches, wraps, curries,etc when I called in around 12.30. It was only serving its fried crap and burgers to the biggest queue I saw anywhere all day. I didn't see what was happening at the Burning Log.
Sampled a burger on Saturday. Would rate the burger 0.5/10.

Skichic2

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Feb 22, 2017
My personal rule, if you see a swarm of kids all wearing something bright or fluoro tied around an arm / leg / on the helmet, then turn around and get as far away from them as quickly possible:eek: These swarms are most frequently spotted around the triple chair at smigs and terminal chair at BC. You have been warned, approach at your own risk;)
I was actually quite alarmed to find myself on a full V8 chair this morning the only one not sporting a PSR sticker on my skis/board :eek:

CIRCA1962

Addicted
May 4, 2010
ACT
Drink fridge and shelves were empty at the Burning Lig this morning. They were still making coffees and hot chocolates, and had some fast food on offer. Heard the Guthega Pub was now closed for the season. Packed lunches are looking very attractive.

fmdc9

Hard Yards
Sep 20, 2015
Big day Robbo and Norm! I notice they are planning on opening a few more tomorrow, rope tow still "on demand". You could have demanded all you like today, that thing wasn't going to run :D
its beyond a joke claiming 47 lifts with 12 on demand

Drink fridge and shelves were empty at the Burning Lig this morning. They were still making coffees and hot chocolates, and had some fast food on offer. Heard the Guthega Pub was now closed for the season. Packed lunches are looking very attractive.
does guthegga pub close thought it was a year round place?

Reactions: Snowy Joey

Donza

Dogs body...
Ski Pass
Platinum
Apr 21, 2004
woonona
Nick said he was open until 17th.
Bit surprised if he has closed

Jellybeans

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Aug 24, 2015
Canberra
IMG_1939.jpg
"rental crowd" .... LOL
I present Perisher's new queue management structure.

despot721

One of Us
Jan 16, 2015
Here's a pic from a mate on sat morning at ridge quad.
526610868.jpg

Luckily I asked what the queue was like before we headed down roller coaster.
Bit frustrating when I heard later on that other parts of the place were less crowded.

Really think it's time for the Perisher to have better placed camms to give the punters a fighting chance when its busy. The sandwich board half way down roller coaster that has no info on it doesn't really cut it in 2017.

Either that or add wait times in the App lift info.

Even with crowds and no food at BC we had a good day.
20170909_111129.jpg

GlenH

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 13, 2007
Really think it's time for the Perisher to have better placed camms to give the punters a fighting chance when its busy. The sandwich board half way down roller coaster that has no info on it doesn't really cut it in 2017.
And whatever happened to lift indicator boards?

At Blue Cow on Saturday I had to go into the shop to ask what lifts were running and they looked up the web page.

Really !?

Reactions: asammut_au

Skichic2

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Feb 22, 2017
And whatever happened to lift indicator boards?

At Blue Cow on Saturday I had to go into the shop to ask what lifts were running and they looked up the web page.

Really !?
Shame they can't do that before writing the snow report!

D-eye

Photographer and skier
Ski Pass
Jan 21, 2001
Canberra
deyephotography.com
its beyond a joke claiming 47 lifts with 12 on demand

does guthegga pub close thought it was a year round place?

Some years in the past it was, but I don't believe it is any more. There was a sign at the trail above saying closed.

Did not miss the on demand lifts at all.

robbo mcs

One of Us
Ski Pass
Sep 1, 2008
Kenthurst / Jindabyne
Did not miss the on demand lifts at all.

I missed the on demand lifts. I went to North P around 10:30 and was happily lapping around until 11:30. There was really just me and one other skiier. At 11:30 the lifty told me last lifts. He was apologetic, but said operations were putting the lift "on demand" because there were not enough people using the lift:(

Reactions: asammut_au

northsail

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jan 7, 2011
Gods country, Martinsville
Here's a pic from a mate on sat morning at ridge quad.
526610868.jpg

Luckily I asked what the queue was like before we headed down roller coaster.
Bit frustrating when I heard later on that other parts of the place were less crowded.

Either that or add wait times in the App lift info.

Even with crowds and no food at BC we had a good day.
20170909_111129.jpg
That crowd then descended onto the terminal chair and then into BC Terminal for lunch/beers. You just had to be lucky and be heading in the opposite direction.
Need to get rid of the roller coaster run that funnels ALL the punters from Perisher to the ridge lift.

Skichic2

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Feb 22, 2017
That crowd then descended onto the terminal chair and then into BC Terminal for lunch/beers. You just had to be lucky and be heading in the opposite direction.
Need to get rid of the roller coaster run that funnels ALL the punters from Perisher to the ridge lift.
Needs a live cam screen set up on Brumby so you can decide before making the fateful right hand turn.

MarkGC

One of Youse
Ski Pass
Jul 28, 2010
Northern NSW
Dislike

I good fang down roller coaster is worth the queue.

Reactions: Coutta and coolair

Hemsley

One of Us
Apr 24, 2015
Dislike

I good fang down roller coaster is worth the queue.

When the snow is good (which it's been for most of the season) roller coaster is so much fun. Had some great runs on it this year. Last year I had a great high speed stack, maybe two thirds of the way down.

Maybe today and tomorrow won't be so good with the warm weather. Then it starts to get cold again and should come good.

Skichic2

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Feb 22, 2017
You skate up to the lift and shout
"i demand this lift shall open"
Has it worked for you? LOL

On demand means they can claim 47 lifts but in reality half of them are shut but they call them "on demand" because it looks better. Thing is without staff there to actually operate when the demand exists, it's a moot point.

Loos like Guthega is shut today, for all but Guthegarians.

Donza

Dogs body...
Ski Pass
Platinum
Apr 21, 2004
woonona

On demand means they can claim 47 lifts but in reality half of them are shut but they call them "on demand" because it looks better. Thing is without staff there to actually operate when the demand exists, it's a moot point.

Ahhh no
If I look at a lift and its not spinning and there are no staff. Well I consider it closed and move on.

Donza

Dogs body...
Ski Pass
Platinum
Apr 21, 2004
woonona
Should do a queue-in, everyone stand in line until they are forced to open! Should work?
Sturt , Mitchell and Wentworth being obvious candidates.
Having the early starter double on demand seems strange. I guess cause they got rid of the ski school at BC.

Lady Penelope

One of some lot ...
Ski Pass
Sep 7, 2014
Canberra

At present the lift report has the Freedom Chair on hold and the Blue Cow T bar "on demand". That seems logical :eek:

dawooduck

relaxed and comfortable
Ski Pass
Oct 26, 2002
Mountains
More excuses to not run lifts than to run them.

Not Run:
Staff
Wind
On demand
Broken
Machine working
Patrol not open yet
Not enough snow
Too much snow

Run:
School holidays
Photo Op
Ski school booked out

nfip

Cold 'n Rusty
Ski Pass
Jul 24, 2006
Yuin Country

Ropes across at Blue Cow. ?

It's interesting the difference when the chair not spinning also.

Think I spotted you Sunday morning at the quad , new helmet and / or jacket ?
I didn't yell out and we where on the burst with others getting out of there over to Mt P.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Learn how membership works on these forums
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass