Snow Report Perisher 2017 - Trip Reports, Pics & Conditions

Lady Penelope

One of some lot ...
Ski Pass
Sep 7, 2014
Canberra
Damn only just saw this. Sitting waiting on the train should of come up and met some of the crew.:cheers:
It would be good to catch up with you and say "hi" some time! Best thing to do is post on this thread that you'll be in a particular place on the mountain at a certain time (eg Mid-Station bistro at 11.00) then describe what you'll be wearing; other forum members can then look out for you :)

Drewboy

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 21, 2012
Sydney /Kiama
IMG_1029.JPG
Bit of wind about today

Snowy Joey

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 14, 2014
Dandenong ranges Vic
Minimal grooming overnight. Nothing in Centre Valley groomed, it's a frozen wasteland of iced up crud.

Not good when all chairs on windhold.
We just made it to mid station. Enjoying a hot choccie in the sunshine. My sister is finding it tough going today with the iced up ungroomed crud! Hoping it softens up a bit.

Reactions: IAB

robbo mcs

One of Us
Ski Pass
Sep 1, 2008
Kenthurst / Jindabyne
Did they groom Hypertrail ?

Heaps groomed on Mt P including hypertrial. Virtually all runs of the the t-bars, pretty much a full house :)

As @Billy Jack mentioned, the t-bars were running painfully slow due to wind conditions, but simultaneously all speeded up to normal speed around 11, although the wind hadn't really changed too much :rolleyes:

I'm not sure if he's on the forum or not, but I notice mpski topped the leaderboard today by a big margin with 17k. Very solid effort considering the bars were running slow for the morning. I met him on North P a few weeks ago and had a good chat, saw him lapping rapidly around this morning. Good effort :)

Kletterer

Thredbo Doughnut Tragic
Nov 26, 2014
Canberra
Heaps groomed on Mt P including hypertrial. Virtually all runs of the the t-bars, pretty much a full house :)

As @Billy Jack mentioned, the t-bars were running painfully slow due to wind conditions, but simultaneously all speeded up to normal speed around 11, although the wind hadn't really changed too much :rolleyes:

I'm not sure if he's on the forum or not, but I notice mpski topped the leaderboard today by a big margin with 17k. Very solid effort considering the bars were running slow for the morning. I met him on North P a few weeks ago and had a good chat, saw him lapping rapidly around this morning. Good effort :)
Yeah good effort. Met Ian H yesterday. Not a bad tally considering the commute to and from Adelaide.

Normo

Mostly Harmless
Ski Pass
Sep 21, 2011
Summer: Berowra Waters. Winter: Jindabyne

It's a shame we can't see more than the top 10 season leaderboard. mpski has had quite a few big total days and may well be fairly close to that bracket. I'd love to be able to see the movements in the top 50, as we used to be able to in the first couple of years of Dashboard. Another one for the "suggestion" list!
:)

Marty McSly

A brick propping up the furniture
Ski Pass
Jul 12, 2011
Hunter Valley Whine Country, NSW
I haven't really kept up with this thread, only up to page 69. Been sidelined with what was thought at first to be Glandular Fever, but now appears to be Ross River.

It now looks like I might have a small window for a flying visit next week. Looking at possibly Wednesday, Thursday and Friday next week.

Will I need rock hoppers or should I bring a good pair of skis?

Seafm

Too far from the snow
Ski Pass
Jun 5, 2014
Cairns, Queensland
Nope. Ross River cases have been seen as far south as NE Victoria this year. I live about 2km from the Hexham swamp. We get mozzies 6 months of the year.
I thought it was only a tropical thing like dengue fever and malaria. Surprised that it occurs that far south.

shabu_shabu

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 21, 2013
Nope. Ross River cases have been seen as far south as NE Victoria this year. I live about 2km from the Hexham swamp. We get mozzies 6 months of the year.
Ah Hexham, home of the Hexham Grey, the Jaws of the mosquito world. Known to have devoured small animals.

I know. Stay on topic.

Reactions: nfip

nfip

Cold 'n Rusty
Ski Pass
Jul 24, 2006
Yuin Country
I haven't really kept up with this thread, only up to page 69. Been sidelined with what was thought at first to be Glandular Fever, but now appears to be Ross River.

It now looks like I might have a small window for a flying visit next week. Looking at possibly Wednesday, Thursday and Friday next week.

Will I need rock hoppers or should I bring a good pair of skis?
Ross River not much fun Marty.
Been there for many years , but finally cured with Homeopathics.
Take both skis it's more fun ;)

fmdc9

Hard Yards
Sep 20, 2015
Anyone care to gues what will be open for the extended week? I wouldve thought eyre sun valley village 8 and leichhardt as per closing weekend last season.

Perhaps mt p triple and quad on demand

Am i expecting too much?

SMSkier

One of Us
Ski Pass
Oct 4, 2016
Some of the best lines early today on International & Eyre. I think everyone must have gone to Blue Cow as runs were deserted until ten. Tracked out now except out wide but he 5-10 cm stashes were very sweet.
I know got those first lines! With @Billy Jack and @Normo on Mount Perisher first up this morning. We managed first on International T for a couple of nice lines then out wide on Eyre. (Bill in shot making the 8's in my line). Managed fresh tracks till 10:30 then started pushing out wide. Breaking out the touring kit tomorrow!
IMG_2495.JPG

IMG_2491.JPG

Kletterer

Thredbo Doughnut Tragic
Nov 26, 2014
Canberra
I know got those first lines! With @Billy Jack and @Normo on Mount Perisher first up this morning. We managed first on International T for a couple of nice lines then out wide on Eyre. (Bill in shot making the 8's in my line). Managed fresh tracks till 10:30 then started pushing out wide. Breaking out the touring kit tomorrow!
IMG_2495.JPG

IMG_2491.JPG
Maximum froth level. Ah ----- what month is this ?

Lady Penelope

One of some lot ...
Ski Pass
Sep 7, 2014
Canberra
Geez gonna have to be a busy boy at home this weekend to get more browny points. I must be coming down with the Perisher bug.
It's catching! Now to convince @telecrag to defect ....

The cover at this point is superb for mid-September. For instance, Smiggins is not only still open (with good snow) but also still linked to Perisher via the access trails. How good (unusual) is that? And hats off to Perisher for keeping Blue Cow open that little bit longer ;)

Alexski

Addicted
Jun 22, 2001
Gosford,NSW,Australia
Had excellent day today as has been mentioned 5-10cm has fallen since around 3:30am. Snowed pretty much all day till around 2pm and then still overcast. Temps surprisingly cold around -2 at top all day. Fresh tracks could be found all day . Sun valley was very good next to tbar , mt p pretty good but ridge was my pick top 2/3 had excellent fresh snow and nobody around. Interceptor was also very good no signs of any meltage in the usual high traffic places.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass