Snow Report Perisher 2021 Snow Reports, Pics, Updates and Conditions.

Billy_Buttons

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Mar 25, 2011
Dogs were allowed in the early 70's. Every lodge owner had one or two.
Yeah, and there were horses as well. Horse riding in Thredbo Village. ;)
We took our dogs down every Xmas when we spent our summer holidays in the old Snowman Lodge in Thredbo.

Astro66

Still looking for a park in Thredbo
Ski Pass
Jul 27, 2009
Eastern Subs Syd
Enjoyable QBW ,despite the crowds ,skiing with son and grandaughter ( you never seem to get enough of this ) which makes everything worthwhile. However silly injury of the season.
Grandaughter was struggling a bit so just to get a smile and give encouragement I decided to fake a fall ..... result subacromial bursitis and possible scaphoid fracture (scan result tomorrow) :emoji_confused:
Bring the sheep to Perisher. We can shear them whilst we're waiting in the queues.

skull

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 4, 2017
Kim Clifford had a cat when he was running Thredbo and everyone knew, including the NPWS. No big deal.
Yeah. I’m not sure about it. I guess as long as the pets are contained within the property then I don’t really see the problem. Apart from the no pets in the National park rule, but it isn’t me to get in trouble if caught.

Ret-ro

One of Us
Sep 7, 2017
Enjoyable QBW ,despite the crowds ,skiing with son and grandaughter ( you never seem to get enough of this ) which makes everything worthwhile. However silly injury of the season.
Grandaughter was struggling a bit so just to get a smile and give encouragement I decided to fake a fall ..... result subacromial bursitis and possible scaphoid fracture (scan result tomorrow) :emoji_confused:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Lady Penelope

One of some lot ...
Ski Pass
Sep 7, 2014
Canberra
Sorry to hear that, @Kelpieboy . Fingers crossed for a rapid recovery (you could always ski without poles ;) )

robbo mcs

One of Us
Ski Pass
Sep 1, 2008
Kenthurst / Jindabyne
Have seen wild dogs at rennix on two occasions. Possibly not a pet print.
I have heard wild dogs howling, low down around sawpit area, but also higher up around Rennix gap and Wragges creek. That has been in summer. Also seen evidence and heard feral pigs really high up in summer.

Paw prints/tracks can be deceptive, in the right conditions they actually enlarge and distort as they melt. They sort of melt around the edge of the pad print, so they appear to get bigger. I have seen it with rabbit tracks beneath a lift, in springtime. You can ride the same lift days later and the tracks look like an enormous monster has made them. I sometimes point out the monster tracks to randoms on the lift …. “look, Yowie prints” :eek:

amyannick

Early Days
Jan 2, 2021
A couple of obs . Skitube train windows say “ do not close “ on every trip I’ve been on last 3 days most are closed ( they should be chocked open ) also announcement over pa says masks must be worn as a condition of use ( no mask wearing or enforcement ) . On my way back to lodgevi noticed these tracks . Seemed too big for a fox

4FFE6A0F-BEE3-4504-A913-303754954AEC.jpeg

6D1F31A6-9D54-4BA0-82E2-6F05B661372F.jpeg
This looks a lot more canine than feline to me (the middle two toes are set forward and the shape of the pad looks like a dog’s).

Reactions: NightSky and Balsta

Nidecker

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 5, 2009
Alpine the dark side of snowboarding
Yeah. I’m not sure about it. I guess as long as the pets are contained within the property then I don’t really see the problem. Apart from the no pets in the National park rule, but it isn’t me to get in trouble if caught.
All the Thredbo residents refer to them as "ducks" you hear them say I have to go back to the lodge to feed the ducks. Prevalent in the ski in ski out area.....

• Haha
Reactions: NathanF

Xwing

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 22, 2016
LWE crowds were ridiculous. Mid winter size and 13 lifts. Jammed in for the buck - this is not skiing / boarding....it is pure capitalism. Nowhere to rest out of wind or anything - terrible old 80s infrastructure showing its age. Why do workers there decide to scrape the Smiggs car park between 2.30am and 3.30am? People pay to stay and sleep at those times yet they make so much noise it is mentioned by all at breakfast the next day. Everything is yet another year older as Vail hoard all the cash and spend nothing on facilities.

Goanna

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 9, 2003
Tasmania
Called into Adi's yesterday afternoon to get skis tuned and learnt that Adi has officially retired. Congratulations Adi and many thanks for years of terrific service. Nathan has taken over the business and I would like to wish him all the very best. It was a huge decision for Nathan and hopefully one which will prove very successful. Good luck mate!

DidSurfNowSki

One of them
Ski Pass
Jan 19, 2014
Canberra, ACT
Called into Adi's yesterday afternoon to get skis tuned and learnt that Adi has officially retired. Congratulations Adi and many thanks for years of terrific service. Nathan has taken over the business and I would like to wish him all the very best. It was a huge decision for Nathan and hopefully one which will prove very successful. Good luck mate!
Is the tuning machine fixed ?

Donza

Dogs body...
Ski Pass
Platinum
Apr 21, 2004
woonona
100% going. I've been a long term client of Adi's and I hope Nath does well this year. Hopefully they don't close the bridge on him too many times to keep people out of the tunnel as it really slows his business.
That tunnel is such a piss poor design.

The whole complex is.

If that was a shopping mall. It would have been Bulldozed .

Kelpieboy

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 27, 2015
Tooma , NSW
LWE crowds were ridiculous. Mid winter size and 13 lifts. Jammed in for the buck - this is not skiing / boarding....it is pure capitalism. Nowhere to rest out of wind or anything - terrible old 80s infrastructure showing its age. Why do workers there decide to scrape the Smiggs car park between 2.30am and 3.30am? People pay to stay and sleep at those times yet they make so much noise it is mentioned by all at breakfast the next day. Everything is yet another year older as Vail hoard all the cash and spend nothing on facilities.
Soooo ..... did you enjoy your weekend or not ? It wasn't quite clear from your post. :rolleyes:

Jonathan_P

One of Us
Ski Pass
Dec 22, 2018
I remember my first year staying on snow picked up a cheap deal at the PVH. Well they stuck us at the back with the snow groomers coming and going :oops:

Night one didn’t sleep well, by night two slept like a baby to the sounds of snow groomers doing their thing

Staying in Jindy is worse, least it is people doing useful stuff at night :)

Kelpieboy

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 27, 2015
Tooma , NSW
:DScans are back .... looks like I largely dodged a bullet. Subacromial Bursitis is all for the shoulder ,no other damage so couple of weeks and all good :). Cracked the Scaphoid though so another scan in 2 weeks to see if blood flow in the area is affected. I ski with a wrist brace for a while ,not the worst thing to ever happen so all good. ;). The rest of June is gone but I will be back annoying people in July. Cheers to the well wishers.

Any thundersnow this morning ? We had a good show go through this morning ,light and sound with a swift 11mm of clear.

D-eye

Photographer and skier
Ski Pass
Jan 21, 2001
Canberra
deyephotography.com
:DCracked the Scaphoid though so another scan in 2 weeks to see if blood flow in the area is affected. I ski with a wrist brace for a while ,not the worst thing to ever happen so all good. ;). The rest of June is gone but I will be back annoying people in July. Cheers to the well wishers.
Much better than 6 weeks with your arm immobilised from finger tip to elbow in a cast. That was from a chipped and fractured scaphoid just over 20 years ago. I ended up being off work for nearly 3 months (hospitality).

Kelpieboy

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 27, 2015
Tooma , NSW
Much better than 6 weeks with your arm immobilised from finger tip to elbow in a cast. That was from a chipped and fractured scaphoid just over 20 years ago. I ended up being off work for nearly 3 months (hospitality).
I was told of the worst case scenario yesterday before scan and anything other than that is a positive. Glad I dodged your scenario although I suspect I might have found a way to keep skiing anyway. Live once ,live well ;)

WongawilliDan

First Runs
Apr 7, 2021
Why are all the chairs at Perisher on hold? Wind? Lightning? Even the V8 which needs really strong wind to go on hold.

Sir Surfalot

One of Us
Ski Pass
Apr 23, 2000
Somewhere surfy or snowy
Why are you not open ?
Why are you not open before Smiggin ?
Has more rocks
Needs more snow
Needs more staff
Needs more patrollers

:)

“politically” too they can open and close a few lifts at Smiggins (eg the duplex is closed today and I think the J-bars are too) and nobody bats an eyelid. Close the Summit ie Zali’s once it’s made its “season debut” and that’s a bigger story.

Donza

Dogs body...
Ski Pass
Platinum
Apr 21, 2004
woonona
Has more rocks
Needs more snow
Needs more staff
Needs more patrollers

:)

“politically” too they can open and close a few lifts at Smiggins (eg the duplex is closed today and I think the J-bars are too) and nobody bats an eyelid. Close the Summit ie Zali’s once it’s made its “season debut” and that’s a bigger story.
Food and Bev staff at the Bistro...
More Skitube people...
BC takes a shit load of effort to opem..and as you said. Once it opens.
You can't shut it.

Donza

Dogs body...
Ski Pass
Platinum
Apr 21, 2004
woonona
Is that the kiosk downstairs under the pub, or the Hot Spot near the base of the J bars?
Hotspot Kiosk.
Hey everyone ! We have recently taken over the hotspot kiosk smiggin holes ! Come check out amazing pies and coffee !!
Proudly serving tilba pies & roseberryst coffee !
Follow us on Insta @tilbabakery @roseberrystroasters @coffeebyzo
OPEN EVERYDAY FROM 6.30am - 3.30pm

Sir Surfalot

One of Us
Ski Pass
Apr 23, 2000
Somewhere surfy or snowy
If only they opened the Link earlier.
They moved it to an 8:30 open a couple of seasons ago. Duplex-and-hike is also available from 8:30.

BTW in just reconfirming for myself that hadn't changed for this year before posting, I noticed the following Smiggins closing-time changes for this year shown in the Perisher app:
* Burke T (duplex) is now a 4:45pm close - was previously 5pm.
* Whichever of the pomas used to be open until 5pm isn't any more - the last one is a 4:45 close now.
* Everything else is still the same closing time as last year, ie basically 4:30pm.
* So the only way to keep skiing in Smiggins until 5pm this season is the magic carpet.

I get that it only sounds like 15 minus, but for those people staying or parking in Smiggins that afternoon period after the buses and most of the people in cars are off the hill can be the nicest part of the day. I usually bomb back from Perisher to get Piper T back into Smiggins as late as I can manage then have a nice 1/2 hour happily lapping the duplex with usually only a handful of staff and Smiggins lodgies around.

NightSky

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 6, 2015
Omega Centauri
They moved it to an 8:30 open a couple of seasons ago. Duplex-and-hike is also available from 8:30.

BTW in just reconfirming for myself that hadn't changed for this year before posting, I noticed the following Smiggins closing-time changes for this year shown in the Perisher app:
* Burke T (duplex) is now a 4:45pm close - was previously 5pm.
* Whichever of the pomas used to be open until 5pm isn't any more - the last one is a 4:45 close now.
* Everything else is still the same closing time as last year, ie basically 4:30pm.
* So the only way to keep skiing in Smiggins until 5pm this season is the magic carpet.

I get that it only sounds like 15 minus, but for those people staying or parking in Smiggins that afternoon period after the buses and most of the people in cars are off the hill can be the nicest part of the day. I usually bomb back from Perisher to get Piper T back into Smiggins as late as I can manage then have a nice 1/2 hour happily lapping the duplex with usually only a handful of staff and Smiggins lodgies around.
Could be just time of year stuff with lighting. We were there at 430 on Saturday and it was dark as. Light so flat, and the slope was rugged as. Couldn't see dips and holes. Was dangerous.

Sunset officially 4:58 in perisher today.

Reactions: Marty McSly

cold wombat

Twitter Contributer
Jun 4, 2008
Perth
Do punters from the lodges near the top of Telemark not ride down FV before 8.30?
A lot rely on Telemark to get over to FV. I remember as a kid having to lug my skis uphill then a long walk over to Sundeck so I could get to FV. Telemark makes it so much easier. The earlier it opens the better.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Learn how membership works on these forums