Snow Report Perisher 2021 Snow Reports, Pics, Updates and Conditions.

Kelpieboy

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 27, 2015
Tooma , NSW
From tomorrow's expected opening list:

Screenshot_20210618-170550.jpg
Wish my hand wasn't busted.

Ret-ro

One of Us
Sep 7, 2017
So if you are snug and warm in Jindy, and tossing up whether to come up the hill, I have one word of advice, don’t:(

It Is wet, misty mizzle in the car park, windy too. No snow on the road, a bit of wet slush on the ground. Not looking at all inviting. I think it will be a short one
Confirmed , rained all night at Smiggs , we will head over later in morning . Bed is nice , Stoke the fire, Rain and Saturday ..

DidSurfNowSki

One of them
Ski Pass
Jan 19, 2014
Canberra, ACT
So if you are snug and warm in Jindy, and tossing up whether to come up the hill, I have one word of advice, don’t:(

It Is wet, misty mizzle in the car park, windy too. No snow on the road, a bit of wet slush on the ground. Not looking at all inviting. I think it will be a short one
I observe I just did this, but from Canberra ;)
See peeps on the hill tomorrow.

Marty McSly

A brick propping up the furniture
Ski Pass
Jul 12, 2011
Hunter Valley Whine Country, NSW

Yep. I made that decision at 5.30 after a crap night's sleep due to shoulder pain. Howling wind here in Jindy was also a factor, as was the BOM forecast.

A couple of Panadol and back to bed. See you tomorrow.

Ret-ro

One of Us
Sep 7, 2017
It's just that sort of day .. I skied well yesterday , on the leaderboard I was 4673 and closed out at 883 ... big day , not really .. jigsaw and coffee , legs are ok , right leg had the usual IBS which is over today after voltaren .. it's not snow at Smiggs , lady snow around midnight down here
Will venture out later .

DD9B646D-509D-4DCE-9F6F-378C2F429726.jpeg

E7570F63-1037-4B06-AA38-E2252DAEF4FB.jpeg

Ozgirl

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Jul 5, 2007
Sydney/Jindy
Yeah, and there were horses as well. Horse riding in Thredbo Village. ;)
We took our dogs down every Xmas when we spent our summer holidays in the old Snowman Lodge in Thredbo.
We took our dog to Cabra - so it must have been at minimum late 80s before the rule was bought in. Maybe even early 90s. I was of the belief that others had cats during Kim Cliffords time. As they were already in the village before the rule was bought in.

Reactions: Billy_Buttons

Ozgirl

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Jul 5, 2007
Sydney/Jindy
LWE crowds were ridiculous. Mid winter size and 13 lifts. Jammed in for the buck - this is not skiing / boarding....it is pure capitalism. Nowhere to rest out of wind or anything - terrible old 80s infrastructure showing its age. Why do workers there decide to scrape the Smiggs car park between 2.30am and 3.30am? People pay to stay and sleep at those times yet they make so much noise it is mentioned by all at breakfast the next day. Everything is yet another year older as Vail hoard all the cash and spend nothing on facilities.
So what is the answer? Stop selling tickets and put bookings for season pass holders?

Like that would go down well.

Skichic2

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Feb 22, 2017
Sitting in the car warming up and having a snack. New Pure shell gear keeping me dry but haven’t got the layering figured out yet. Skiing quite nicely, queues not so bad, Mt P is open but the chairlift ride would be torture.

Might go check out Blue Cow.

Kelpieboy

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 27, 2015
Tooma , NSW
So what is the answer? Stop selling tickets and put bookings for season pass holders?

Like that would go down well.
There is no answer ,it is what it is ( whatever that means) but maybe this year was just different and a little unique ( I refuse to use that other word). After a year of many people either not going or being able to go to the Australian Snowfields ,not able to go to OS snowfields and the OTT promotion of a snowfall event just prior to the QBW we saw a huge crowd of people full of froth wanting to get a ski in just in case it goes pear shaped again.
Maybe this year is a 1 off ,maybe the start of a trend ,who knows at this point. Certainly through this week the crowds seemed ok so lets have a wait and see approach to the season. I would suggest weekends are going to be busy until September but they always are busy.

Billy Jack

One of Us
Jul 6, 2016

Was feeling a bit fluey yesterday so decided I would take a trip to Cooma this AM for covid test. Am sure it's just a bit of a cold but had to do the right thing. Should have clearance to be be back on hill Monday.

Paperboy

One of Us
Oct 3, 2016
South Coast/Canberra/East Jindabyne
Agree!

I went toe to toe with a dick in Mitchell queue last week rant about how corrupt Vail was letting all these people buy tickets. Its unacceptable to me as a Epic pass holder.

mate we should be grateful the resort is open.
Or don’t go was my idea, everyone knew it was going to be busy, the coast was quite and I loved it. If Sydney gets locked down again it will be quieter.

kiter

One of Us
Ski Pass
Sep 21, 2002
Newcastle
Interesting . My understanding is that if you have cold and flu symptoms and even if you get a negative covid result you should not go out into the community . I tried to find the current directive on this from Nsw health . Most businesses that I go into usually have clear signage “ if you are unwell and or have cold and flu symptoms do not enter “

Marty McSly

Ski Pass
Jul 12, 2011
Interesting . My understanding is that if you have cold and flu symptoms and even if you get a negative covid result you should not go out into the community . I tried to find the current directive on this from Nsw health . Most businesses that I go into usually have clear signage “ if you are unwell and or have cold and flu symptoms do not enter “
When you have a Covid test (and I've had 7 so far) you're told to self-isolate until you get a negative result. If they mean self isolate until you get a negative result AND the symptoms have disappeared, they should say so.

Nidecker

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 5, 2009
Alpine the dark side of snowboarding
Thats business advice (usually Drs / Pharmacies) probably to protect against the ones not tested.

Marty McSly

Ski Pass
Jul 12, 2011
Soft and heavy, fog descending again, crowds insane.

I might take a look at Smiggins, see if there's any less dirt in the snow than yesterday.

Or I might just go back to the unit, do my housework and organise my packing to allow for a quick getaway tomorrow morning. At least then I can get up here early for a hopefully less insane half day tomorrow.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass