Snow Report Perisher 2021 Snow Reports, Pics, Updates and Conditions.

Skichic2

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Feb 22, 2017
Blue Cow for the win again today. Was hard n fast straight up for some good fast runs at P but the crowds built quickly. Not surprising given the better weather. Zalis was a bit scary (people wise) and one run was survived. Terminal run nice. Another fun day with excellent company

pppoe

Early Days
Jun 5, 2021
Mt P Double about 30 mins ago.

B23FD151-B9AE-4209-813D-247DDFD5DA25.jpeg

GobrinIce

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 9, 2019
Car park now.

15BCA133-0E91-4DD7-A3FD-3D95778477CC.jpeg
Not having followed the crowds and slopes beyond last year, forumites were talking about the big crowds on opening weekend being somewhat typical of that weekend most years. Are these sort of crowds for the week after also typical? The covid skiing last year appears to have been a good time to ski.

Reactions: Paperboy and Spence

Ozgirl

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Jul 5, 2007
Sydney/Jindy
Not having followed the crowds and slopes beyond last year, forumites were talking about the big crowds on opening weekend being somewhat typical of that weekend most years. Are these sort of crowds for the week after also typical? The covid skiing last year appears to have been a good time to ski.
No, this is not typically.

My parents place is fully booked with no missed nights from now until sept,

This weekend is typically a quiet one.

Jonathan_P

One of Us
Ski Pass
Dec 22, 2018
that link goes to the page. Can you share the exact post?

"Everyone is strongly urged to avoid gatherings and minimise their movements, such as not attending the cinemas or trips to the ski fields," it said in a statement.

Reactions: Marty McSly

Jasper Schwarz

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 18, 2017
Northern Beaches, Sydney,
At the risk of poking a sleeping bear here. We skied with far more cases last year. I have complete faith in the NSW contact tracing system to ensure that everything runs to plan (at least for NSW citizens).

If you are from QLD or WA though....... Nothing official, just that sick feeling in my stomach again.

Perisher will take precautions if necessary. Face coverings (although Im going to be wearing in 2 weeks anyway cause there is a real nasty cold going around atm) may make an appearance again. All will be revealed as things progress

Lady Penelope

One of some lot ...
Ski Pass
Sep 7, 2014
Canberra
At the risk of poking a sleeping bear here. We skied with far more cases last year. I have complete faith in the NSW contact tracing system to ensure that everything runs to plan (at least for NSW citizens).

If you are from QLD or WA though....... Nothing official, just that sick feeling in my stomach again.

Perisher will take precautions if necessary. Face coverings (although Im going to be wearing in 2 weeks anyway cause there is a real nasty cold going around atm) may make an appearance again. All will be revealed as things progress
There are two major differences this year that make Perisher a big risk for COVID transmission should a COVID positive person visit. 1. No masks (no-one was wearing them last weekend), and 2. No limits to numbers. It was mega-crowded last week and social distancing appears to have gone out the window.

I’m less concerned with outside as the risk of transmission would be lower, but inside the skitube or the Perisher Centre ... woah!

Mister Tee on XC Skis

Not your average unconventional eccentric.
Ski Pass
Jul 29, 2015
Melbourne, Lockdown-i-stan .
soundcloud.com
I have applied online for a NPWS/ KNP concession card. I hope I will be successfully issued with one and plan to skin up to Horse camp Hut and snow camp / ski tour out there in late August, If us Mexican lepers are allowed out.
I am also looking at the day package from Perisher to CP with the over snow service as an extravagance that will be worth it if circumstances and conditions allow.

Reactions: Jonathan_P

cold wombat

Twitter Contributer
Jun 4, 2008
Perth
There are two major differences this year that make Perisher a big risk for COVID transmission should a COVID positive person visit. 1. No masks (no-one was wearing them last weekend), and 2. No limits to numbers. It was mega-crowded last week and social distancing appears to have gone out the window.

I’m less concerned with outside as the risk of transmission would be lower, but inside the skitube or the Perisher Centre ... woah!
The holes in that slice of Swiss cheese are noticeably bigger now.

Chookfooter

Cranky Curmudgeon
Ski Pass
May 11, 2020
I have applied online for a NPWS/ KNP concession card. I hope I will be successfully issued with one and plan to skin up to Horse camp Hut and snow camp / ski tour out there in late August, If us Mexican lepers are allowed out.
I am also looking at the day package from Perisher to CP with the over snow service as an extravagance that will be worth it if circumstances and conditions allow.
Can you get the concession if you are not from NSW?

Reactions: GlendaN

Jasper Schwarz

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 18, 2017
Northern Beaches, Sydney,

Yeah I was thinking that. Are people sharing T bars with strangers again? it looked like they were in pictures but not 100% sure.
More things to consider

Marty McSly

A brick propping up the furniture
Ski Pass
Jul 12, 2011
Hunter Valley Whine Country, NSW

Woolies is also a potential hot spot. No-one sanitising or scanning the QR code, punters everywhere.

Kelpieboy

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 27, 2015
Tooma , NSW
I reckon some of this larger than normal crowds this early in the season is due to nervousness about an uncertain immediate future. As we have seen over the past 12 to 16 months governments are very quick to go to some sort of lockdown measures ,some governments quicker and more severely than others. There are currently a few cases around so understanably there are nervous people.
It should be remembered that the resort is only partially open which makes the crowds seem pretty bad ,same size crowd in late July/August and you wouldn't notice it.

Mister Tee on XC Skis

Ski Pass
Jul 29, 2015
soundcloud.com
Can you get the concession if you are not from NSW?
Yes. Centrelink Pension cards are a federal jurisdiction. So too are war veteran pension cards. . I have obtained such a NPWS concession card in the past with my previous ski , snow shoe and bushwalking/camping trips in the KNP over 15 + years. I shall remain optimistic that these circumstances have not changed. In the past being able to bring my car into the boundaries of the KNP has been free of charge which makes skiing etc. in NSW (where sanity prevails) cheaper than skiing in VIC. . Even just the old window sticker I used to obtain from the Khancoban NPWS office was free for an individual such as me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chookfooter

skull

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 4, 2017

"Everyone is strongly urged to avoid gatherings and minimise their movements, such as not attending the cinemas or trips to the ski fields," it said in a statement.
I am happy for Sydney people to be told to stay at home, only exceptions should be forum members and immediate families.

Skichic2

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Feb 22, 2017
Next weekend is the start of the school holidays for ACT, NSW, Qld and Vic. And interschools is back this year. Perhaps everyone was getting in a weekend before the real insanity starts. Think I’ll stay local for a couple of weeks, unless it snows.

Roymond

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 1, 2018

Hush yo' mouth, @Lady Penelope .
If we get knocked back from Perisher this year, that'd make four trips (perisher 2020, sunpeaks 2020/2021, Perisher 2021, and sunpeaks 2021/2022) that'd be covid'ed.
It'd be a little too much to bear.

Nidecker

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 5, 2009
Alpine the dark side of snowboarding
Next weekend is the start of the school holidays for ACT, NSW, Qld and Vic. And interschools is back this year. Perhaps everyone was getting in a weekend before the real insanity starts. Think I’ll stay local for a couple of weeks, unless it snows.

Private Sydney Schools including all those eastern suburbs schools started last friday. And if you think any of those entitled eastern suburbs muppets are going to do anything but carry on as though it couldn't happen to them, then ya better watch our for pigshit falling from the sky.

warrie

One of Us
Jun 15, 2008
Sydney
I takes me hat off to ya for wanting to ascend on skins 400 m from Guthega PS to HC Hut. Walked it last summer. See pix here: https://www.exploroz.com/places/103172/nsw+horse-camp-hut?s=horse camp

Skichic2

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Feb 22, 2017
Private Sydney Schools including all those eastern suburbs schools started last friday. And if you think any of those entitled eastern suburbs muppets are going to do anything but carry on as though it couldn't happen to them, then ya better watch our for pigshit falling from the sky.
I’m partially vaxed. I’m good!

Kelpieboy

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 27, 2015
Tooma , NSW
Go carefully there ,I was vilified and softly abused for similar sentiments in previous years.
Even though it's true ,the precious entitled ones don't like when it's pointed out to them. I also reckon you can extend that area from Eastern Suburbs to include the North Shore ,Northern Beaches and Inner West before too long. :out:

Billy_Buttons

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Mar 25, 2011
Go carefully there ,I was vilified and softly abused for similar sentiments in previous years.
Even though it's true ,the precious entitled ones don't like when it's pointed out to them. I also reckon you can extend that area from Eastern Suburbs to include the North Shore ,Northern Beaches and Inner West before too long. :out:
Don't forget about the private school in Jindabyne. :whistle:

Reactions: Kelpieboy

DidSurfNowSki

One of them
Ski Pass
Jan 19, 2014
Canberra, ACT
Today was a surprisingly fun day on the slopes.

Managed to depart JNS in time to catch first lifts. Lapped the V8 until that got busy and then lapped Mitchell. One or two laps of Leichhardt followed then I ducked into Pretty Valley. After lapping that it was lunch at the Sundeck, then over to Mt P for my first runs of the season over there. Skied until 3pm and drove back home by 6pm.

Managed to chat or wave to @Normo, @robbo mcs, @SalleeGirl , @rocketboy, @Goanna, @Skichic2, @Marty_McSly, @zac150 along the way.

A most pleasant day indeed.

NightSky

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 6, 2015
Omega Centauri

Yeah, but there was no directive from NSW Gov for face coverings indoors or out until today. At the beginning of the week, we didn't even have an active case in the state. The only warnings being from those escaped Victorians.

When you look at comments being said on FB, it appears most think that the whole of Perisher must be open because "we had a big a big snow storm".

If the whole of Perisher was open, I don't think there would be many more people than are their now. Hence come the end of July, when we hope it will all be open, crowds will be no larger than normal.

Sir Surfalot

One of Us
Ski Pass
Apr 23, 2000
Somewhere surfy or snowy
What are people’s thoughts on how much of today’s crowd has gone home tonight vs staying for the week? I’m thinking of skiing on Tuesday (only) - driving down tomorrow afternoon, staying in my van tomorrow night, skiing then driving home Tuesday night. I am busy tomorrow morning and also Wednesday so that’s really my only window - not even considering the two following weeks with public school holidays.

If it’s going to be near what today looked like I will save myself the 1000km round trip but I wouldn’t mind a ski as long as the skiing-to-queuing ratio was fairly ok.

Reactions: Jonathan_P

Ozgirl

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Jul 5, 2007
Sydney/Jindy
What are people’s thoughts on how much of today’s crowd has gone home tonight vs staying for the week? I’m thinking of skiing on Tuesday (only) - driving down tomorrow afternoon, staying in my van tomorrow night, skiing then driving home Tuesday night. I am busy tomorrow morning and also Wednesday so that’s really my only window - not even considering the two following weeks with public school holidays.

If it’s going to be near what today looked like I will save myself the 1000km round trip but I wouldn’t mind a ski as long as the skiing-to-queuing ratio was fairly ok.
We had some check out today and new people coming in.

robbo mcs

One of Us
Ski Pass
Sep 1, 2008
Kenthurst / Jindabyne

It will be quieter than the weekend for sure. However, there is not much open, so doesn’t take many people to fill up the slopes. I’m hoping it is not too bad.

The weekend was a complete write off for me skiing wise, just too crowded. Still had fun catching up with people. Unfortunately mother nature didn’t help over the weekend, with significant delays to lift openings, due to wind on saturday and de-icing today. Weather looks good for the next couple of days, so hopefully we get a better run:thumbs:

Mister Tee on XC Skis

Ski Pass
Jul 29, 2015
soundcloud.com
I takes me hat off to ya for wanting to ascend on skins 400 m from Guthega PS to HC Hut. Walked it last summer. See pix here: https://www.exploroz.com/places/103172/nsw+horse-camp-hut?s=horse camp
I am a member of the Bogong Club. All of Mt Bogong 's routes to the summit are character building. NSW does not have a mountain like that. I have walked the whole Guthega P.S. to Valentine's hut route before in green season hiking boots during Easter one year. I am familiar with the area.

• Haha

Nidecker

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 5, 2009
Alpine the dark side of snowboarding

I would suggest that all the nthn region private school kids racing week after this at Perisher, will be joining their eastern suburbs peers all this week for their private lessons :)

edit: have child at private school
edit2: I'm fully vaccinated, so according to the CDC in the good old USofA, I can go about my life as normal (my mileage may vary) :)

Lady Penelope

One of some lot ...
Ski Pass
Sep 7, 2014
Canberra
Hush yo' mouth, @Lady Penelope .
If we get knocked back from Perisher this year, that'd make four trips (perisher 2020, sunpeaks 2020/2021, Perisher 2021, and sunpeaks 2021/2022) that'd be covid'ed.
It'd be a little too much to bear.
Anna will let you out ... But will she let you back in again? Fingers crossed for your trip this year :thumbs:

fenrir

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 23, 2010

With the exposure sites covering large chunks of Sydney and the likely hood of anyone following the stay at home order rather than skiing being quite low I'm disappointed perisher didn't kick in their mask mandate now. If it's around Bondi it's going to show up in the sewage in a day or two and that could be disastrous for the season.

fenrir

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 23, 2010
Could have done with more terrain or more snow players today to limit numbers. Took 40 minutes to lap Mount P at one point after the past retirement age double chair broke down.
Hopefully I get enough days in for my season pass to cost under the $40 mark per day because today wasn't worth much more than that.
Fingers crossed for some snow so the resort can address their choke points.

NightSky

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 6, 2015
Omega Centauri
With the exposure sites covering large chunks of Sydney and the likely hood of anyone following the stay at home order rather than skiing being quite low I'm disappointed perisher didn't kick in their mask mandate now. If it's around Bondi it's going to show up in the sewage in a day or two and that could be disastrous for the season.
I would probably expect an announcement from Vail in the next 24 hrs around masks.

fenrir

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 23, 2010
I would probably expect an announcement from Vail in the next 24 hrs around masks.
Not going to help anyone that was there this weekend. If it turns up in the sewage without any mitigation from Vail I'll see you all late July because none of us will be skiing.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass