Snow Report Perisher 2021 Snow Reports, Pics, Updates and Conditions.

GlenH

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 13, 2007
2B8D2DD9-577F-4228-BC93-AAA6EFFA12FF.jpeg
That said the car park at Guthega definitely not full this afternoon.

Parachute has a pretty good cover too.
That's impressive for Parachute in mid June!!

Ozgirl

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Jul 5, 2007
Sydney/Jindy
Re ski tube and covid.

There were no signs about covid at all on the train. However the announcement stated maintaining SD and wearing a face covering.

No one sat next to me, but a couple sat directly behind me. So even though the dots are still on the chairs, no signs to explain, and even though its similar on PT in Syd. People just didnt care.

IMG_20210621_1452591.jpg

Skichic2

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Feb 22, 2017
And now lifts opening on FV at 7:30am weekends (supposedly pass holders only) for “first tracks” the carpark will start filling even earlier. Busiest season ever so far.

Spence

One of Us
Ski Pass
Mar 16, 2019
Sydney
Sorry. They didn't allow you to add it to your season ticket. so very limited , expensive service, so it was never an option for us.

Reactions: Ozgirl

Spence

One of Us
Ski Pass
Mar 16, 2019
Sydney
I can’t remember the exact details, but my crew always use the tube because we like to end the day with a beer or three and don’t want to drive off the mountain. So we always tube it. Last season we did three trips down and didn’t/couldn’t use the tube. The pre booking situation sounds familiar.

Donza

Dogs body...
Ski Pass
Platinum
Apr 21, 2004
woonona
Last year was weird, I felt like they were making up the rules as they went. Quite regularly I would drop my daughter up, and she would ride down with no ticket and just get waved away?
Yeah we never got checked on the down.

Jasper Schwarz

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 18, 2017
Northern Beaches, Sydney,
My mate who used the tube 3 times was a bit cheeky last year, but he rolled the dice and got away with it.
He bought one ticket for the first time on the way down, got waved through and didnt scan in. The next time ne needed the train, he went to the platform and pretended that he had to have a COVID test for the previous time and was unable to use his train ticket, I.e. were they able to transfer his day ticket to the cuurent day so he could use it now. Then didnt scan on again. = more trips for free

Totally illegal, and definetly stupid cause if they caught him he would have been banned for sure, but we have a good laugh about it now. He thinks that it was bloody brilliant

Reactions: NightSky

robbo mcs

One of Us
Ski Pass
Sep 1, 2008
Kenthurst / Jindabyne
A big difference last year was staff were not allowed to use the tube, so they had to drive up. That filled the carpark up a lot.

The car park was full today at 9am, in June, weekday, out of school holidays. That is not normal :(

@Sir Surfalot , only just saw your post now, so a bit late. I suspect tomorrow will probably be a little quieter.

Sir Surfalot

One of Us
Ski Pass
Apr 23, 2000
Somewhere surfy or snowy
The car park was full today at 9am, in June, weekday, out of school holidays. That is not normal :(

@Sir Surfalot , only just saw your post now, so a bit late. I suspect tomorrow will probably be a little quieter.
Yeech- agreed, not normal.

I drove down and am currently enjoying the sub-zero goodness of Berridale in June, after pottering along the highway at the speed limit in my Subaru and being a roadblock and an irritation to a seemingly endless stream of POFOs (and their attendant FOs) in shiny cars heading _towards_ the snow. Got to see some very frothy and ill-considered driving up close. Also got parked in at the BP at Rhythm in Cooma for a little while by two of them who clearly mistook the bowser area for where you leave your brand new SUVs after fuelling while (presumably) kitting out the kids with the latest stuff before their jolly snow jaunt…

Bananax

Early Days
Sep 9, 2020
Arrived around 8:20am, car park was half full. BC was very lovely today. Not bad for early season. I also saw 5 groomers went to Guthega from BC around noon. Maybe preping for school holiday opening? I would highly suggest Perisher to reintroduce face mask for all people again. Caught the 8:40ish train to BC. Let me tell you the train was packed. Like rush hour in SYD trains. very scary.

Ozgirl

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Jul 5, 2007
Sydney/Jindy
Embarrassing question.

Went to buy the niece and nephew day passes in th school holidays and even though they are in my acct and I assigned the days to them they still wanted me to pay $5 for a perisher card....

Lady Penelope

One of some lot ...
Ski Pass
Sep 7, 2014
Canberra
Yeech- agreed, not normal.

I drove down and am currently enjoying the sub-zero goodness of Berridale in June, after pottering along the highway at the speed limit in my Subaru and being a roadblock and an irritation to a seemingly endless stream of POFOs (and their attendant FOs) in shiny cars heading _towards_ the snow. Got to see some very frothy and ill-considered driving up close. Also got parked in at the BP at Rhythm in Cooma for a little while by two of them who clearly mistook the bowser area for where you leave your brand new SUVs after fuelling while (presumably) kitting out the kids with the latest stuff before their jolly snow jaunt…
Subaru? Where’s the Tesla? :whistle:

Jonathan_P

One of Us
Ski Pass
Dec 22, 2018
Thanks! Pretty sure I looked there but will try again.
I managed to do the same thing for just one of my daughters lessons somehow added a card. Can’t be bothered waiting on hold or 3 weeks for a response on a refund.

Marty McSly

A brick propping up the furniture
Ski Pass
Jul 12, 2011
Hunter Valley Whine Country, NSW
Arrived around 8:20am, car park was half full.
Arrived 8.40ish after packing the car and checking out. Carpark looked half full to me then. I cruised past where everyone was parking and had a look closer to the bridge. Went down about the 5th row, was only ¾ full and I got a park 2 away from the yellow brick road. A woman in a Kluger was glad of my spot when I pulled the pin and headed back to Newy.

GlenH

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 13, 2007
Re ski tube and covid.

There were no signs about covid at all on the train. However the announcement stated maintaining SD and wearing a face covering.

No one sat next to me, but a couple sat directly behind me. So even though the dots are still on the chairs, no signs to explain, and even though its similar on PT in Syd. People just didnt care.

IMG_20210621_1452591.jpg
The Sydney PT advice is currently:

"We know the fight against COVID isn’t over so the green dots will remain on board our services in their current configuration but only for if we need them again.
From 19 April 2021, COVID Safe capacity on all public transport modes has been lifted to 75 per cent.
TrainLink regional rail and coach services are able to be booked at 100 per cent capacity, providing even more travel options for those wanting to explore regional NSW".

Marty McSly

A brick propping up the furniture
Ski Pass
Jul 12, 2011
Hunter Valley Whine Country, NSW
very glad we went straight to blue cow , take the tip, no lines really , ski to gate , go again , nice snow

came back to Mt p at 2 pm ... yuck
Wish I'd done that this morning. But then I don't like to complicate things on my last day.

Back home in Newcastle now. So acclimatised to the mountain climate after only a week that I'm sitting in my loungeroom in shorts and t-shirt.

skinavy

One of Us
Ski Pass
Feb 7, 2001
Canberra, ACT
Car park was stupid, crazy busy last season with no ski tube operation. Car park well and truly full by 08:30. Hopefully they don't stop the tube service this season. Fingers crossed.
Skitube was operating last season. Had to wear masks and play the most complex game of twister with the coloured dots on seats.

Reactions: Spence

skinavy

One of Us
Ski Pass
Feb 7, 2001
Canberra, ACT
A big difference last year was staff were not allowed to use the tube, so they had to drive up. That filled the carpark up a lot.

It's private school holidays (I know pay extra money for kids to spend less days at school).

Reactions: Chaeron

Sir Surfalot

One of Us
Ski Pass
Apr 23, 2000
Somewhere surfy or snowy
Subaru? Where’s the Tesla? :whistle:
The son who was supposed to be using my Subaru XV (and paying all its running costs) - because he urgently needed a car for his uni “industrial year” job (which he didn’t end up getting…) - hasn’t been doing so, but equally he hasn’t been driving it much either. It’s due for service again shortly and has done embarrassingly little distance since the last service, so I thought I would give it a run and enjoy the retro-goodness of a manual gearbox, barely keeping to the speed limits uphill, having to stand at the car while refuelling and go inside to pay afterwards, that sort of thing... The Tesla had a day trip down and back last Tuesday anyway :)

Sir Surfalot

One of Us
Ski Pass
Apr 23, 2000
Somewhere surfy or snowy
I just received a newsletter from the club in Guthega I recently sold my share in. There was a Guthega village meeting on 19-Jun (Perisher, National Parks, lodges). Here are some snippits hopefully of general interest from the club’s notes on the meeting:

• Backcountry. Doug from Snowy Mountains Backcountry (SMBC) advised that they are fully operational and will be opening a café hopefully by the 1st of July – café menu with coffee etc, 7:30 Am to 5:00pm daily. Website: https://www.snowymountainsbackcountry.com.au
  • Guthega Inn. Open for drinks and coffee 3:00 – 5:00pmdaily. Dinner by reservation, group sizes limited to 6 due to space and Covid limitations.
  • Perisher Vail. All Perisher retail functions including lesson purchases are at Perisher, not Blue Cow due to staff limitations.
  • Guthega ticket sales, ski hire and service will not be available at Guthega this season. Skiers starting at Guthega without a ticket will be allowed to ride the lifts to Blue Cow.
  • Perisher has prepared and published an Uphill Access Policy for the resort areas due to increasing numbers of backcountry skiers within the resort area. Focus is on safety, avoiding grooming and winch equipment.

robbo mcs

One of Us
Ski Pass
Sep 1, 2008
Kenthurst / Jindabyne
Looking forward to today's reports...
Currently -6C in the valley, very calm with almost no wind. All snow guns are going. Pretty much ideal snowmaking conditions, they are getting an enormous amount of “hang time” with the still conditions. I would imagine the guns are running full water capacity atm.

Clear and sunny.

We shall see what the day brings in terms of crowds. Jindy didn’t seem quite as crowded last night
B5F68BD1-DE7E-477D-9E54-8089AF8CA0B8.jpeg

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass