Snow Report Perisher 2021 Snow Reports, Pics, Updates and Conditions.

GlendaN

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 9, 2015
Looks like another bluebird day coming up.

20210622_075809.jpg

fenrir

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 23, 2010
Seems like a good weekend to give it a miss and finish up renovations. When does the school holiday madness end?

skull

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 4, 2017
Embarrassing question.

Went to buy the niece and nephew day passes in th school holidays and even though they are in my acct and I assigned the days to them they still wanted me to pay $5 for a perisher card....
what is the question?

Disregard, I see it has been resolved.

Reactions: Ozgirl

Marty McSly

A brick propping up the furniture
Ski Pass
Jul 12, 2011
Hunter Valley Whine Country, NSW
Seems like a good weekend to give it a miss and finish up renovations. When does the school holiday madness end?
Second weekend in July is the end of school holidays. But so much accommodation is booked solid from next weekend through September that it probably won't make much difference. Think more in terms of what terrain is open. Or which lifts provide access to side/back country.

fenrir

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 23, 2010
Second weekend in July is the end of school holidays. But so much accommodation is booked solid from next weekend through September that it probably won't make much difference. Think more in terms of what terrain is open. Or which lifts provide access to side/back country.
Or whether there is any side/back country to access. It will get better once more terrain is open but until then it feels like we're jamming a full resort worth of people onto front valley.

Reactions: Ozgirl

Jonathan_P

One of Us
Ski Pass
Dec 22, 2018
I am finding it really hard to get enthused about the season ahead.

Not sure what it is?

Probably after the first trip that will change, the photos and videos help, maybe not the ones of the crowds or the almost full carpark at 7:30am :)

Marty McSly

A brick propping up the furniture
Ski Pass
Jul 12, 2011
Hunter Valley Whine Country, NSW

Not sure what it is?

Probably after the first trip that will change, the photos and videos help, maybe not the ones of the crowds or the almost full carpark at 7:30am :)

It is what it is. Until international travel is possible again. Live in the moment and take whatever pleasure from it that you can.

DidSurfNowSki

One of them
Ski Pass
Jan 19, 2014
Canberra, ACT

Not sure what it is?

The conditions are actually quite good for the start of school holidays. This means more people come up to ski and local businesses earn enough to keep going.

robbo mcs

One of Us
Ski Pass
Sep 1, 2008
Kenthurst / Jindabyne
@robbo mcs 96mm ski your daily driver ?
Yep. I’m a one ski quiver kind of guy. Saves me the stress some of my skiing buddies have choosing what to take out at the start of the day:p

Not all 96 are the same though. These have a very conventional sidecut and camber, with some early rise tip. Work for me in all conditions, particularly good in chopped up stuff and spring slush. If it was purely for Oz, I’d probably go something narrower 88 or so. However, the 96 are good os as well, I use them heliskiing:) I’m not an overly technical skiier btw, more a slarver than a carver;)

Last edited:

robbo mcs

One of Us
Ski Pass
Sep 1, 2008
Kenthurst / Jindabyne
Twas nice on the hill today. Stayed pretty cold to late morning, so the snow stayed good, and the crowds were a little down on recently. After hitting up front valley, I decamped to the Cow, met up with @rocketboy and @awesome, which was great fun:thumbs:Lots of lessons going on over there, in very big groups. Otherwise was pretty good.

Couple of pics, on the chair with the @rocketboy clan, looking towards Guthega, and a couple from the top of summit chair looking over the range, admiring natures beauty, after I had a nature callLOL

C0752124-368F-4E98-AF28-0389E1A4BD65.jpeg

2C1981DE-CF29-4FDB-BEC4-0407226F70D4.jpeg

0DBDE8C8-C4BA-455D-9F24-395D324DFC6A.jpeg

469A85D5-EC48-442B-A561-B25A1F43C49D.jpeg

Last edited:

rocketboy

One of Us
Ski Pass
Sep 9, 2010
Gerroa
C0752124-368F-4E98-AF28-0389E1A4BD65.jpeg

Been a somewhat strange June. Wants to be winter, but not quite there yet. Hopefully after this first month is given a good wash down on Thursday - it'll come roaring back with a proper cold front in a week or so and a whole new season for July will begin. Last 2 days on Mt P have been some of the hardest skiing I've done at Perisher. Earned every vert with a mix of deathly partial off piste runs mixed with on piste dodgem cars.

Snowy Joey

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 14, 2014
Dandenong ranges Vic

Not sure what it is?

I'm feeling the same. I think for me its that I was so excited last year and then couldn't ski, and the whole drag of the in and out of lockdown we've had in vicco.
One positive is that we have credit at sawpit from last year.

Goanna

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 9, 2003
Tasmania
Not seen this parking reservation technique before. Pulled into the carpark this morning about 7.50 and was about to weave a row or two forward when I noticed that the bay I was heading for was a bit tight. A Kia Carnival had quite neatly been parked directly in the middle of two slots and had all doors open and the everyone outside getting themselves geared up. Was a bit bemused and had several bits of advice I thought about offering but before I had my boots on they had already headed for the slopes. Returned to car later in the morning and was going to take a pic of the Kia but there it was, perfectly parked between the lines and a Forester parked equally neatly in the bay beside it. Spare keys do come in handy. :rolleyes:

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Learn how membership works on these forums
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass