Snow Report Perisher 2021 Trip Reports, Pics, Updates and Conditions.

Ret-ro

One of Us
Sep 7, 2017
Be plenty of skiing options available but you just won’t be able to get off convict island ;)
As I said , Lets see, the current 'crisis' is getting plenty vaccines done!
Everybody that’s fully vaxxed, if we’re allowed to leave of course!
The place will change quickly if the UK and this Canada USA experiment go well. Meanwhile lets ski....

Reactions: skinik

Ret-ro

One of Us
Sep 7, 2017
Nice week coming up .
1626866974908.png
1626866993296.png

Reactions: Jonathan_P

ShavedBadger

Consumer of Eggs
Ski Pass
Apr 30, 2018
While not Perisher, this the inside of the cafe at Lake Crackenback Resort. Things not looking good.

IMG_1578.jpg
I wonder how much of Lake Crackenback's accommodation is occupied at the moment? We were supposed to be going to Mt Buller the first week of August, and now we are trying to see if Accor will re-book us into Lake Crackenback instead.

skinavy

One of Us
Ski Pass
Feb 7, 2001
Canberra, ACT
I wonder how much of Lake Crackenback's accommodation is occupied at the moment? We were supposed to be going to Mt Buller the first week of August, and now we are trying to see if Accor will re-book us into Lake Crackenback instead.
I know of ACT locals picking bookings in there at short notice.

Reactions: skull

Billy Jack

One of Us
Jul 6, 2016
How's the actual skiing today? Snow quality holding up ok? Grooming report? Crowds? Lifts open?
Will add to other comments that the off piste was skiing pretty well today too. Had some good fun on Mt P out near the boundary and on Back Perisher under Olympic which can be reached with traverse from bottom of Vista or from top of quad chair.

BlueHue

One of Us
Ski Pass
Apr 17, 2003
South of Cooma
Fitters up Olympic towers today too. No Ts on yet. Frankly, would be happy if they just left it alone. Have spent a fair bit of time skiing that area last few days. Easy to traverse to best lines from top of quad. Advantage: no moguls or ruts.
Agree, spent a bit of time under there on Sunday and as long as you get the traverse its all below you.

Reactions: Goanna

Lady Penelope

One of some lot ...
Ski Pass
Sep 7, 2014
Canberra
I had a quick look at their website the other night, and they were offering significant discounts on accommodation up until 30 July. They may just extend that now ….. Lovely spot.

Billy Jack

One of Us
Jul 6, 2016
Hope they are not trying to get people to wear paper face masks in the open air. Once they are wet they are useless. Not sure what the answer is though? Sat Sun could be challenging if it is the case.
Advice from Perisher

“all guests able to travel must wear fitted face coverings in any non-residential indoor areas including Skitube, buses and over snow transport vehicles, unless an exemption applies to the person.”

Nidecker

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 5, 2009
Alpine the dark side of snowboarding
Advice from Perisher

“all guests able to travel must wear fitted face coverings in any non-residential indoor areas including Skitube, buses and over snow transport vehicles, unless an exemption applies to the person.”
That's completely reasonable and sensible. So still face covering when skiing, like a buff? It really is a small price to pay... :thumbs:

MattyHoll

One of Us
Aug 17, 2016
Hope they are not trying to get people to wear paper face masks in the open air. Once they are wet they are useless. Not sure what the answer is though? Sat Sun could be challenging if it is the case.
No, indoors and tube terminal and train

ShavedBadger

Consumer of Eggs
Ski Pass
Apr 30, 2018
Question that didn't quite warrant its own thread; how do you get from Smiggins to the rest of Perisher and back again with no linking t-bars? Is there a shuttle/oversnow option?

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Learn how membership works on these forums
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass