Snow Report Perisher 2021 Trip Reports, Pics, Updates and Conditions.

MattyHoll

One of Us
Aug 17, 2016
Wow, Perisher has closed almost all their lifts early - presumably so the punters can get out of the resort before 5PM as required by the lockdown order!!
Shared a lift with a worker from Perisher who just got out of a meeting, he obviously overheard me talking about the ski tube and hoping it would be running past 5pm haha. He said they were moving everyone to front valley, obviously to move people off the mountain. The advice I got was to ski till the end and that is what I did.

Reactions: NightSky

GlenH

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 13, 2007
Shared a lift with a worker from Perisher who just got out of a meeting, he obviously overheard me talking about the ski tube and hoping it would be running past 5pm haha. He said they were moving everyone to front valley, obviously to move people off the mountain. The advice I got was to ski till the end and that is what I did.
You need not have worried. The last train from Blue Cow tonight is at 10.24pm.

Screenshot_20210814-212703.png

WaitAwhile

One of Us
Ski Pass
Apr 29, 2012
Perth/part time resident of Jindabyne
What about the workers? No job. No pay and can't go anywhere. Poor buggers.
And small businesses have spent the last 7 weeks slowly being financially strangled at what should have been their best 12 weeks of the year.
Most accomadation places have spend the last 7 weeks handing back everyone's money .
I'm surprised those running the show up in Sydney still have a job, considering the level of stupidly that they have shown.

Kelpieboy

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 27, 2015
Tooma , NSW
20210814_140258.jpg

My last image before being told to leave the hill. A bit pee'd off that I had to catch the Covid Express at 3.10pm ,they wouldn't even let us ski off the hill ,poorly handled in my opinion ,which is my first real knock on the job Perisher have done over the past 2 seasons. I know they were between a rock and a hard place but seriously it would have taken maybe 20 to 30 minutes to ski back to front valley. They could have shut down lifts along the way same as any afternoon.

Red Bill

Addicted
Sep 30, 2020
Meadowbank / Jindabyne
For anyone from Sydney who has held off on cancelling Epic you have a total of 60 days from the stay-at-home order to claim, so it is time to make the claim now. This is what Perisher replied to our question:

"For qualifying Personal Refund Events, you must submit your Epic Coverage refund request within 30 days of the occurrence of the qualifying Personal Refund Event to be eligible for a refund. Please Note: For refund requests based on stay-at-home orders, the 30 day claims period would commence on the 30th consecutive day of the stay-at-home order."

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Kelpieboy

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 27, 2015
Tooma , NSW
Where do they go , are they not in a lockdown ? What if they can't go home
Most of the staff are stuck
I am in a lodge at Smiggs , my understanding is I have to stay put .
You are allowed to transit to your main / normal residence or apparently to a secondary owned residence for the purpose of "maintenance".
So again we have a lockdown with major flaws to suit/assist the rich or fortunate. Lockdowns with self serving provisions for those that can afford or are privileged enough are part of the reason we are now where the governments ,federal and state ,have led us.
Anyone on the hill got a carpark report or a photo of FV to share ?

GlendaN

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 9, 2015
Where do they go , are they not in a lockdown ? What if they can't go home
Most of the staff are stuck
I am in a lodge at Smiggs , my understanding is I have to stay put .
I don't know just relaying what our daughter told us that the guests had to go. Commercial hotels with licences may be different to privately run lodges.

Reactions: Reetro

Voodude

Hard Yards
Jul 14, 2020
For anyone from Sydney who has held off on cancelling Epic you have a total of 60 days from the stay-at-home order to claim, so it is time to make the claim now. This is what Perisher replied to our question:

"For qualifying Personal Refund Events, you must submit your Epic Coverage refund request within 30 days of the occurrence of the qualifying Personal Refund Event to be eligible for a refund. Please Note: For refund requests based on stay-at-home orders, the 30 day claims period would commence on the 30th consecutive day of the stay-at-home order."
Agree - I submitted my claim yesterday PM.

I had to go back and check the health.nsw.gov.au website - the stay at home orders for Gtr Sydney came in to effect from 6pm 26 June - see link to announcement, two thirds of the way down the page.

I think that’s 49 days to today, so well after the 30th consecutive day of the orders but within another 30 days of that date in which you need to make the claim. That’s my read anyway.

What a shame - here’s to next year!

SMSkier

One of Us
Ski Pass
Oct 4, 2016
You are allowed to transit to your main / normal residence or apparently to a secondary owned residence for the purpose of "maintenance".
So again we have a lockdown with major flaws to suit/assist the rich or fortunate. Lockdowns with self serving provisions for those that can afford or are privileged enough are part of the reason we are now where the governments ,federal and state ,have led us.

VSG

Crayon Master
Ski Pass
Jan 1, 1998
Port Macquarie NSW
www.tumblr.com

Screen Shot 2021-08-15 at 8.50.29 am.jpg

Astro66

Still looking for a park in Thredbo
Ski Pass
Jul 27, 2009
Eastern Subs Syd

Surely you must be able to wait until the season ends, before getting a refund on your EPIC Pass. What if the Lockdown ends mid September ?

Kelpieboy

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 27, 2015
Tooma , NSW
Saddest view on snow cams I think I have ever seen.(even sadder than bare skin FV in winter).:cry:
Hoping for the locals, it will only be for 7 days. Believe it will be longer for other LGA's.

Screen Shot 2021-08-15 at 11.06.05 am.png
I am still wondering why my LGA needs to go into lockdown ,never had a covid case or to my knowledge even a close contact let alone a been a hotspot. Add to that we have one of the highest % of vaxxed populations in NSW if not Australia with a part of that population who isolate as a way of life. Its very hard to make a case for lockdown in my corner of the world.

GlendaN

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 9, 2015
For @Kelpieboy. Kate reports there are quite a lot of vehicles in the carpark presumably Perisher staff

IMG-20210815-WA0000.jpg

Pete Holden

Addicted
Aug 18, 2019
Surely you must be able to wait until the season ends, before getting a refund on your EPIC Pass. What if the Lockdown ends mid September ?

The Australia Epic Pass bought this year can only be used until 2022 Northern Hemisphere Season and won't include Australian 2022 winter season.

Dropbear

One of Us
Aug 4, 2010
Northern Beaches
I am still wondering why my LGA needs to go into lockdown ,never had a covid case or to my knowledge even a close contact let alone a been a hotspot.

With the Sydney lockdown proving so woefully ineffective, they've lost control of the spread, so everywhere is under threat until they can get it under control.

Remember, the cases that are reported today are due to transmissions that have occurred ~5 days ago, so they won't know where new cases will be popping up for the next 5-10 days at the very least.

Unfortunately, that means everyone is affected. It sucks, but covid sucks more.

The problem is that if they don't lock down harder, then the light lockdowns that we've been having will be very long indeed...

Yep, couldn't agree more!

GlendaN

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 9, 2015
For reasons of safety I am reliably informed. To stop those that can still exercise within the LGA having a crack at the jumps and causing injury to themselves.
That makes sense and presumably can be rebuilt if the season reopens

Reactions: VSG

NightSky

One of Us
Ski Pass
Ski Pass
Jul 6, 2015
Omega Centauri
I am still wondering why my LGA needs to go into lockdown ,never had a covid case or to my knowledge even a close contact let alone a been a hotspot. Add to that we have one of the highest % of vaxxed populations in NSW if not Australia with a part of that population who isolate as a way of life. Its very hard to make a case for lockdown in my corner of the world.
Hey @Kelpieboy , can you reach the edge of your property with 5km from your house?

WaitAwhile

One of Us
Ski Pass
Apr 29, 2012
Perth/part time resident of Jindabyne
A lot of people were saying exactly the same quite a few weeks ago up in Sydney, especially from the eastern suburbs , its gone from our area , and many seamed to have the expectation that they could just get their freedom back and just lockdown harder parts of the western suburbs .
Doesn't quite work like that , the virus doesn't really care about LGAs.
The government has just made blunder after blunder after blunder.
After the sudden spread and numbers of the virus in Sydney, contract tracing became ineffective .
It then enacted a lockdown that was so full of holes , everyone either just walked or drove around it, many just kept on looking for loopholes .
Everyone outside of NSW could see that.
Even when it started to become obvious to everyone that it wasn't working , the government still refused to do a really hard lockdown on Sydney ( when everyone else was saying a ring of steel) they completely refused.
And what happened next is really inevitable.

Kelpieboy

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 27, 2015
Tooma , NSW
With the Sydney lockdown proving so woefully ineffective, they've lost control of the spread, so everywhere is under threat until they can get it under control.

Remember, the cases that are reported today are due to transmissions that have occurred ~5 days ago, so they won't know where new cases will be popping up for the next 5-10 days at the very least.

Unfortunately, that means everyone is affected. It sucks, but covid sucks more.

The problem is that if they don't lock down harder, then the light lockdowns that we've been having will be very long indeed...

Yep, couldn't agree more!
If you are going to have a lockdown then do it properly ,full on lockdown or dont bother at all. It is never going to be properly effective if you keep handing out exceptions. It has been proven that given an inch then some will take a mile. I have next to zero confidence that the current style of NSW lockdown will have much more effect other than removing the current government. There are a few down here that I spoke to today that are pretty angry right now. Some are saying why bother doing the right thing like they have since the start of it last year if you just get "punished" anyway.

Ubiquitous Steve

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Feb 29, 2008
E7E9591B-56BE-486F-A6EE-A8E831B03C13.pngOh the Victorians are so stressed out they couldnot even find a pitch fork !Dans followers can only mutter“follow the rooles”.....

Everybody seems to have followed the so called rooles and we are still up shit creek!

Sad your season has been put on hold.Bears like taking pics of that Choo Choo Train Thing.Now we haven’t got snow cams with humans for entertainment in the Sthn Major City!

Battle on good folk.....Bears!

Reactions: Kelpieboy

garbanzo

Hard Yards
Feb 27, 2019
Would anyone know what a ski instructor gets paid for a 3 hour private lesson? We've had an excellent instructor for our boys for the past two seasons and have cancelled a bunch scheduled for this week. We are hoping that the resort stays open but they refunded us for not just the lessons cancelled this week but also for the rest of Aug and early Sept (without us asking). We would really like to help out our instructor with lost wages for the cancelled lessons and any guidance would be gratefully received.

dawooduck

relaxed and comfortable
Ski Pass
Oct 26, 2002
Mountains
Would anyone know what a ski instructor gets paid for a 3 hour private lesson? We've had an excellent instructor for our boys for the past two seasons and have cancelled a bunch scheduled for this week. We are hoping that the resort stays open but they refunded us for not just the lessons cancelled this week but also for the rest of Aug and early Sept (without us asking). We would really like to help out our instructor with lost wages for the cancelled lessons and any guidance would be gratefully received.
Nominally between $25 and $50 per hour dependant on tenure and qualifications.

Reactions: garbanzo

Dropbear

One of Us
Aug 4, 2010
Northern Beaches
If you are going to have a lockdown then do it properly ,full on lockdown or dont bother at all. It is never going to be properly effective if you keep handing out exceptions. It has been proven that given an inch then some will take a mile. I have next to zero confidence that the current style of NSW lockdown will have much more effect other than removing the current government. There are a few down here that I spoke to today that are pretty angry right now. Some are saying why bother doing the right thing like they have since the start of it last year if you just get "punished" anyway.

Oh I completely agree in the zero confidence motion.

When covid jumped quarantine (again) and hit up the Westfield at BoJo, they were amazed at how many people were catching it from incidental exposure there. And yet the NSW Government faffed about for 10 whole days before doing anything significant about it!

Now we've had soft and vague lockdowns for weeks, with daily cases in the 100's, then 200's, then 300's... They should have locked down harder, and applied it evenly across Sydney.

They shouldn't have let it get out.

I'm sorry for all you regional people that you now have to go through this too!

NightSky

One of Us
Ski Pass
Ski Pass
Jul 6, 2015
Omega Centauri
Oh I completely agree in the zero confidence motion.

When covid jumped quarantine (again) and hit up the Westfield at BoJo, they were amazed at how many people were catching it from incidental exposure there. And yet the NSW Government faffed about for 10 whole days before doing anything significant about it!

Now we've had soft and vague lockdowns for weeks, with daily cases in the 100's, then 200's, then 300's... They should have locked down harder, and applied it evenly across Sydney.

They shouldn't have let it get out.

I'm sorry for all you regional people that you now have to go through this too!
There is a special thread for Covid NSW complaints. https://www.ski.com.au/xf/threads/thoughts-on-nsw-restrictions.88798/page-347

Can we just stick to reminiscing on the season for the next week?

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass