Snow Report Perisher 2021 Trip Reports, Pics, Updates and Conditions.

Kelpieboy

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 27, 2015
Tooma , NSW
Good morning everyone.
Trip up the Alpine Way .... its spring so lots of animals around the roads.

Trip from Jindy ... uneventful. Thought I would get here early to beat the crowds.

Carpark Conditions
0.3c ,sky clear (some cloud west of here though),vis 100% ,wind from NW at 25kmh ,gusts to maybe 35 kmh.

Doesn't look too bad.

GlendaN

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 9, 2015
Good morning everyone.
Trip up the Alpine Way .... its spring so lots of animals around the roads.

Trip from Jindy ... uneventful. Thought I would get here early to beat the crowds.

Carpark Conditions
0.3c ,sky clear (some cloud west of here though),vis 100% ,wind from NW at 25kmh ,gusts to maybe 35 kmh.

Doesn't look too bad.
Normal operations have resumed :)

Normo

Mostly Harmless
Ski Pass
Sep 21, 2011
Summer: Berowra Waters. Winter: Jindabyne
There you go….. carpark shot…..tick!
2F77DB47-D21A-44BB-93E2-F79406A07DC7.jpeg

GlenH

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 13, 2007
I notice on the 'other' thread that Thredbo has announced their lifts and dates through until closure on 3 October.

I wonder how long Perisher will try to push on for?

(written by a Sydneysider)

skinavy

One of Us
Ski Pass
Feb 7, 2001
Canberra, ACT
I notice on the 'other' thread that Thredbo has announced their lifts and dates through until closure on 3 October.

I wonder how long Perisher will try to push on for?

(written by a Sydneysider)
To be honest I don't know why they reopened. Can pretty much guarantee they are losing money. Everyone skiing has a season pass and will have used more than enough that Perisher doesn't need to refund anything. The people going won't be spending big in the retail or hire, nor will they be buying beers of an afternoon.

Reactions: skull and Townsend
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

skifree

A disciple of the blessed avi giraffe
Ski Pass
Jul 13, 1998
Middle Oz
To be honest I don't know why they reopened. Can pretty much guarantee they are losing money. Everyone skiing has a season pass and will have used more than enough that Perisher doesn't need to refund anything. The people going won't be spending big in the retail or hire, nor will they be buying beers of an afternoon.
The Pub was doing good business yesterday.

Jonathan_P

One of Us
Ski Pass
Dec 22, 2018
I would buy day tickets if restrictions were lifted for Sydney. Unlikely but can’t stop me from dreaming…

Miss 4 is also still keen to use her new skis :)

Plus they are filling my feed with nice promos:love:

GlenH

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 13, 2007
I'm sure PR and goodwill played a part.

Nidecker

A Local
Ski Pass
Aug 5, 2009
Alpine the dark side of snowboarding

Customer focus? Much as many are quick to judge they are very good at this. Additionally they are probably going to extend.

Ozgirl

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Jul 5, 2007
Sydney/Jindy
You do know that EVERYONE (that selected Perisher and core season) regardless of how many days they have skied are entitled to a refund due to the forced closure. opening means they have to give less back (we still are supposed to get something, calculated by the days closed)

skinavy

One of Us
Ski Pass
Feb 7, 2001
Canberra, ACT
You do know that EVERYONE (that selected Perisher and core season) regardless of how many days they have skied are entitled to a refund due to the forced closure. opening means they have to give less back (we still are supposed to get something, calculated by the days closed)
Core season ended 12 Sept 21. Opening now makes no difference.

Ozgirl

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Jul 5, 2007
Sydney/Jindy
Core season ended 12 Sept 21. Opening now makes no difference.
Shrug, I still think it makes a difference.

Most of the staff running the resort are salary employees. They have been running lifts for training for olympians.

And some people didnt know about the core season refund. And now may never find out. And some (like me) will probably not claim now I get to use it again.

Rustyski

First Runs
Sep 17, 2021
Thinking about a hit "n" run for a few days. But will it be worth it? The cover albeit natural looks pretty good, or is it just well placed cameras?

Donza

Dogs body...
Platinum
Apr 21, 2004
woonona
Oh well, can see that ending well.
I know people that have been travelling weekly between jindy and greater Sydney for work.
They'll go for a ski this weekend.
Others that have travelled to their second residence in Jindabyne. They'll ski this weekend.
All above board.

The whole concept of enforcement within nsw seems to evaporated.

MattyHoll

One of Us
Aug 17, 2016
They’ll only get caught if they end up having it or spreading it. The last month the travelling for work didn’t matter because each lga was under stay at home orders anyway. The only difference was permits to area of concern.

skichic

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
May 26, 2003
I know people that have been travelling weekly between jindy and greater Sydney for work.
They'll go for a ski this weekend.
Others that have travelled to their second residence in Jindabyne. They'll ski this weekend.
All above board.

The whole concept of enforcement within nsw seems to evaporated.
Yep. Kid’s flat mate up in Sydney for the weekend then back to Jindy.

Donza

Dogs body...
Platinum
Apr 21, 2004
woonona
They’ll only get caught if they end up having it or spreading it. The last month the travelling for work didn’t matter because each lga was under stay at home orders anyway. The only difference was permits to area of concern.
"Caught"

There ain't no catching.
Remember how at the press conferences they used to stand a cop up to talk about PIN.
That's disappeared.

Nidecker

A Local
Ski Pass
Aug 5, 2009
Alpine the dark side of snowboarding
Enforcement was never there in the first place.

Oh they are definitely scanning number plates.
I can attest to that. One of our mates who is a local cop said they are "particularly focused on tradies in utes taking the piss"
But this is very much once you are actually in Jindabyne, BIG fine now, expensive days skiing.

If you have a local address against your licence / vehicle, you wouldn't notice the enforcement.

Reactions: Untele-whippet
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass