Snow Report Perisher 2021 Trip Reports, Pics, Updates and Conditions.

dawooduck

relaxed and comfortable
Ski Pass
Oct 26, 2002
Mountains
FB_IMG_1631864667707.jpg

Donza

Dogs body...
Platinum
Apr 21, 2004
woonona
If they’re breaking the law / public health orders then dob the cocks in.
Sick of the entitled impacting on my life by their selfish egos.
Lots of people "breaking the law".
My local beach was jammed last weekend.
Then Bulli pass going up was a crawl in the arvo. As people headed home to Sydney.

The concept of enforcement and living in a isolated covid free bubble is over IMO.

Balsta

One of Us
Ski Pass
Sep 11, 2012
The concept of enforcement and living in a isolated covid free bubble is over IMO.

If this is actually true it won’t take long for a larger proportion of people to work it out and it becomes a free for all.

Reactions: VSG

dawooduck

relaxed and comfortable
Ski Pass
Oct 26, 2002
Mountains
Lots of people "breaking the law".
My local beach was jammed last weekend.
Then Bulli pass going up was a crawl in the arvo. As people headed home to Sydney.

Beach sitting Sydney combined with "those vaccinated are special" marketing jumped the shark for all.

The UK was "forced" into "freedom" by the knowledge that mass "public will power" is uncontrollable.

Stay safe people ❤

Public choice ..... vaccination
Personal choice ..... control your own bubble

robbo mcs

A Local
Ski Pass
Sep 1, 2008
Kenthurst / Jindabyne
How was ur day up at perisher today @robbo mcs

It was surprisingly very firm and fast first up, especially on the groomers. The smooth off piste skiied well, but if you hit some frozen tracks, they were bulletproof. Softened nicely through the morning, but typical mid september conditions, became heavy and soft later on.

Not lots of people there, but reasonably busy at times due to not many lifts. Mid morning the queue was out the gates at Eyre. No queues anywhere else. Biggest queue of the day was for Alpine Eyre Cafe, lining up the hill for most of the day LOL

Good day, and better than lockdown:thumbs: My legs are feeling it though;)

Kelpieboy

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 27, 2015
Tooma , NSW
Anyway back to Perisher trip reports etc ......
The day started with a Fast (9) surface (excellent imo) and quickly softened under a blazing spring sun. Off Piste became the place to be for a few hours and was quite enjoyable.
It all became a bit of a slog in the early afternoon before the cloud mass arrived from the southwest and livened things up a smidge.
It was good to see a large ski.com turnout who of course dominated the daily vm leaderboard. Good to see you people today ;) :ski:
20210917_102749.jpg
20210917_110817.jpg
20210917_110832.jpg
20210917_144700.jpg
20210917_151618.jpg
20210917_155001.jpg
20210917_155005.jpg

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Lachlan skellet

Addicted
Aug 13, 2021
pymble NSW
It was surprisingly very firm and fast first up, especially on the groomers. The smooth off piste skiied well, but if you hit some frozen tracks, they were bulletproof. Softened nicely through the morning, but typical mid september conditions, became heavy and soft later on.

Not lots of people there, but reasonably busy at times due to not many lifts. Mid morning the queue was out the gates at Eyre. No queues anywhere else. Biggest queue of the day was for Alpine Eyre Cafe, lining up the hill for most of the day LOL

Good day, and better than lockdown:thumbs: My legs are feeling it though;)
On ya robbo thxs for the report Just trying to make myself think I’m there right now

Kelpieboy

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 27, 2015
Tooma , NSW
Road Conditions .....
As you might expect ,its wet. Misty rain till Rennix then worse after that.

Carpark Conditions .....
I could go on about how its raining ,wind from Northwest around 35kmh gusting into the 40's ,its 4.6c and low visibility.
I won't do that ,what I will say is .....
conditions are deplorable. You would have to be mad or super keen to even get out of your vehicle right now.

Kelpieboy

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 27, 2015
Tooma , NSW
Driving up, I was hopeful I might find a pot of gold up in the mountains somewhere. Instead, I found this:(

E0C4B471-AC4C-4547-BFC8-850127F9D76F.jpeg

0F95CBEF-3B37-48D3-8375-ED7376FECD9B.jpeg
I still haven't found the motivation to leave my vehicle. Everytime I think to myself ok the rain has stopped for a minute its time to get out it starts up again.
Still not sure if its worth getting wet today.

GlendaN

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 9, 2015
I’ll get a pic, but maybe not today;). At the time of the best cover, early August, it was 100% buried, nothing visible. Yesterday, it was well emerged and coming back to life:)
Thank you it was the star last year!

Aractus

One of Us
Sep 5, 2018
Canberra

Yes it is over, and the ACT is being unrealistic still. Under the health directives I could drive up tomorrow go skiing and return here to home quarantine for 14 days declaring NSW entry and ACT entry forms. I could also stay up in Jindy all week. I'm not sure these are really options for me, but it's something I can think about this week and any other fellow ACT residents can also do the same (so long as they haven't been in a placed declared as high concern by NSW).

Reactions: Lachlan skellet

Reetro

One of Us
Sep 7, 2017
You do know that EVERYONE (that selected Perisher and core season) regardless of how many days they have skied are entitled to a refund due to the forced closure. opening means they have to give less back (we still are supposed to get something, calculated by the days closed)
So Oz girl I have skied 13 days , what's my refund?.. not even asking.

Wish I had stayed in the Lodge now, could have worked there until Chissy and Wanna be Queen Anna let us back home!!! If I was retired , like in 2 years and Mrs Retro was here. We would have had a great time. Sitting in Smiggs , just needed a car..

Reactions: GlendaN and skifree

snowgum

A Local
Ski Pass
May 4, 1999
vic
If this is actually true it won’t take long for a larger proportion of people to work it out and it becomes a free for all.
And quite likely a ‘sick for all’? - for unvaxxed?

Mind you here in cool, windy Melbourne, it hasn’t been much different. We’ve all had enough.

But there is visible light at the end of the tunnel, it’s worth protecting the the unvaxxed and 12-15s for a month or two longer?

robbo mcs

A Local
Ski Pass
Sep 1, 2008
Kenthurst / Jindabyne
@skifree I’m still here ;) Should be staying at least another week:)

Miraculous morning. In the carpark it was terrible. Decided to go and clock on and do a couple of V8 runs. However, at 7:30 the rain stopped and never came back, apart from a few flurries of sago. It was foggy, but that cleared, and by late morning the sun was poking through. The big surprise was how well it skiied, much easier than yesterday.

The snow has held up amazingly well. All the creeks flowing big time, but the main runs OK. The main problem area was the loading area and bottom T-bar track at Eyre. Arrived to find a soggy mess of slush, barely usable:( Patrol and mountain ops worked on it all morning, digging drainage channels, and shovelling snow on it, and it was much improved. However, as anyone who has been around in late season will know, that is always a problem area, and going to cause issues going forward. I took a video to show the mess …. this is at the stage when it was “much improved”LOL

Lachlan skellet

Addicted
Aug 13, 2021
pymble NSW

Miraculous morning. In the carpark it was terrible. Decided to go and clock on and do a couple of V8 runs. However, at 7:30 the rain stopped and never came back, apart from a few flurries of sago. It was foggy, but that cleared, and by late morning the sun was poking through. The big surprise was how well it skiied, much easier than yesterday.

The snow has held up amazingly well. All the creeks flowing big time, but the main runs OK. The main problem area was the loading area and bottom T-bar track at Eyre. Arrived to find a soggy mess of slush, barely usable:( Patrol and mountain ops worked on it all morning, digging drainage channels, and shovelling snow on it, and it was much improved. However, as anyone who has been around in late season will know, that is always a problem area, and going to cause issues going forward. I took a video to show the mess …. this is at the stage when it was “much improved”LOL

Thx for the report @robbo mcs

Jonathan_P

One of Us
Ski Pass
Dec 22, 2018

Same time last year, bottom T-bar track at Eyre had similar issues, although not as bad as the video.
94242C23-DC67-4186-A9B4-45D3E9F613AF.jpeg

GlendaN

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 9, 2015

Wish I had stayed in the Lodge now, could have worked there until Chissy and Wanna be Queen Anna let us back home!!! If I was retired , like in 2 years and Mrs Retro was here. We would have had a great time. Sitting in Smiggs , just needed a car..
I also wish I had stayed in July cut short our week and then the border didn't close after all. If only they'd give proper notice we could make better decisions.

Reactions: Reetro

Kelpieboy

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 27, 2015
Tooma , NSW
Same time last year, bottom T-bar track at Eyre had similar issues, although not as bad as the video.
94242C23-DC67-4186-A9B4-45D3E9F613AF.jpeg
To be fair the remedial works carried out by lifty and MtOps worked really well. That spot disappeared pretty much for the rest of the day and was no longer a problem.

Given my report this morning from the comfort of my vehicle .... today turned out to be a diamond in the rough. Snow was a Good (7) to start which was quite a surprise tbh ,it skied superbly.
Eyre was really quite good ,reasonably fast to start but soft enough to easily recieve an edge.
Early on it was almost a private resort and never got busy so the snow held up pretty well all day. A bit of sago livened things up for a while.
Around 10.30am I had one of those inocuous moments and .... a visit to the medical centre. MCL gone again so kneebrace on ,drug up and away we go again. Really getting the tomtits with this soft tissue failure ,3rd time this season same MCL. Is this now a chronic problem ?
Anyway as I was leaving the sago fall was quite heavy and sustained ,drop a degree or so and ..... maybe a creamy morning.

Ozgirl

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Jul 5, 2007
Sydney/Jindy

Yep I likely wont ask either.

Lots will though. Im sure they are hoping most dont.

VSG

Crayon Master
Ski Pass
Jan 1, 1998
Port Macquarie NSW
www.tumblr.com
You all went on the wrong day.

Mon Sep 20
Partly cloudy. Very high (90%) chance of showers about the ranges, high (70%) chance elsewhere. Snow falling above 1100 metres. The chance of a thunderstorm in the afternoon and evening. Winds west to northwesterly 25 to 40 km/h tending west to southwesterly 15 to 25 km/h during the day.

Gimped

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 25, 2011
Out of interest, is anyone skiing at the moment actually paying day lift passes, or is everyone using annual pass?

Ozgirl

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Jul 5, 2007
Sydney/Jindy
You all went on the wrong day.

Mon Sep 20
Partly cloudy. Very high (90%) chance of showers about the ranges, high (70%) chance elsewhere. Snow falling above 1100 metres. The chance of a thunderstorm in the afternoon and evening. Winds west to northwesterly 25 to 40 km/h tending west to southwesterly 15 to 25 km/h during the day.
I can go all days!

Balsta

One of Us
Ski Pass
Sep 11, 2012
Yes it is over, and the ACT is being unrealistic still. Under the health directives I could drive up tomorrow go skiing and return here to home quarantine for 14 days declaring NSW entry and ACT entry forms. I could also stay up in Jindy all week. I'm not sure these are really options for me, but it's something I can think about this week and any other fellow ACT residents can also do the same (so long as they haven't been in a placed declared as high concern by NSW).

I just had a look as I didn’t think this was correct and wanted to make sure I hadn’t read it wrong myself (I live just over the border in NSW but enter the ACT at least once a week).

Stay at home orders apply in NSW if you
have been in “Areas of concern” not just “places of high concern”. The entire ACT is listed under “Areas of concern”. So if We were to travel down to Jindabyne/Perisher we wouldn’t be able to use the lifts for two weeks.

FBB253D3-E36E-4291-9EB4-BCEA00223370.jpeg

“If you enter NSW, or you are already in NSW and have been to any of the areas of concern in the COVID-19 concerns notice on or after 12.01am on Thursday 5 August 2021 you must
follow the stay at home rules for 14 days since you were last at the place in the concerns notice (or until the notice is revoked)
only leave home with a reasonable excuse.”

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass