Snow Report Perisher 2021 Trip Reports, Pics, Updates and Conditions.

Kelpieboy

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 27, 2015
Tooma , NSW
Sounds like fun. Wind scour, onite freeze... nice. :D
Great conditions if you dont mind it.

Early assessment is the track is a Fast (9) with the penetrometer reaching 15mm into the surface.
Should be fun early on.
20210919_061610.jpg
20210919_061619.jpg

skifree

A disciple of the blessed avi giraffe
Ski Pass
Jul 13, 1998
Middle Oz
Didn’t get out of the car at da Bo. Went round to Perisher and did get out of the car & even put on the ski boots.

Windy as. The V8 was put on wind hold as I got off. Liftie noted they had gusts over 120km/h at Leichhardt top. A couple of runs on FV off the Ts and gave it away.

Snow was good and sharp. West aspects were still frozen solid, knee & teeth smashingly so.

Last edited:
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Billy Jack

One of Us
Jul 6, 2016
Didn’t get out of the car at da Bo. Went round to Perisher and did get out of the car & even put on the ski boots.

Windy as. The V8 was put on wind hold as I got off. Liftie noted they had gusts over 120km/h at Leichhardt top. A couple of runs on FV off the Ts and gave it away.

Snow was good and sharp. West aspects were still frozen solid, knee & teeth smashingly so.
Yes was pretty breezy. Was almost blown off my feet at top of Lawson (adjacent to top of Leichhardt). That caused me to rethink my plans to head over to Mt P. Skied around centre valley which was great as the snow softened. Preferred line today was down Cleft and through the trees to Lawson base. Then repeat. Ran it several times with @robbo mcs. Conditions were brutal today. Cold and very firm to start with. But good fun still to be had.

Lachlan skellet

Addicted
Aug 13, 2021
pymble NSW
Yes was pretty breezy. Was almost blown off my feet at top of Lawson (adjacent to top of Leichhardt). That caused me to rethink my plans to head over to Mt P. Skied around centre valley which was great as the snow softened. Preferred line today was down Cleft and through the trees to Lawson base. Then repeat. Ran it several times with @robbo mcs. Conditions were brutal today. Cold and very firm to start with. But good fun still to be had.
Hate those days when everything is on wind hold

Chubby_Cluster

Hard Yards
Jun 15, 2013
I didn’t pick that up from Nat parks website for island bend ?

For 19 September 2021:

In areas where stay-at-home orders have been lifted, most campgrounds and accommodation will reopen for bookings after 11 September. Those in LGAs under stay-at-home orders will remain closed to arrivals. Most parks are open for exercise but may close at short notice. Check NPWS alerts for latest park

Reactions: Jonathan_P

Nidecker

A Local
Ski Pass
Aug 5, 2009
Alpine the dark side of snowboarding
Was breezy, but had a good day. left about 1pm.

Wind made it feel cold, and there was def a freeze overnight. The maligned base of Eyre was completely fixed today.

Sun Valley was pretty good mid morning onwards, Eyre stayed firm and fast, and was a little windy up top.

V8 shut sometime late morning, but mountain ops had prepared for it, with both T-bars running in its place.

All in all a pretty good day, with all of Front Centre and Mt P available to ski.

Perisher doing their usual keeping as much open as possible. Grooming was perhaps not 10/10 in the odd place, but pretty amazing given the probable resource constraints.

rocketboy

One of Us
Ski Pass
Sep 9, 2010
Gerroa
Was breezy, but had a good day. left about 1pm.

Wind made it feel cold, and there was def a freeze overnight. The maligned base of Eyre was completely fixed today.

Sun Valley was pretty good mid morning onwards, Eyre stayed firm and fast, and was a little windy up top.

V8 shut sometime late morning, but mountain ops had prepared for it, with both T-bars running in its place.

All in all a pretty good day, with all of Front Centre and Mt P available to ski.

Perisher doing their usual keeping as much open as possible. Grooming was perhaps not 10/10 in the odd place, but pretty amazing given the probable resource constraints.

Another top day for season 2021. Few queues on Lawson. Wind holds galore made for an interesting day.

Kelpieboy

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 27, 2015
Tooma , NSW
A bit breezy and a firm surface to start. V8 at snail pace for First Tracks was hard to endure but worse was to be revealed. Eyre T was as slow as they could possibly gear it. The surface itself was a Fast (9) through the top section going into a Good (6) for the bottom half.
I then ventured over to SV and ran Towers which again was 2 paced like Eyre but good fun. SV softened and became really nice after about 10am.
On a sadder note I saw @JohnK with his family which was great :) but just before my day and season came to an end I saw one of @JohnK 's kids had had a mishap. I hope your litte'un is ok.

To everyone I skied with this season ,too many to name , cheers for the fun and see you all next season.

Lachlan skellet

Addicted
Aug 13, 2021
pymble NSW
A bit breezy and a firm surface to start. V8 at snail pace for First Tracks was hard to endure but worse was to be revealed. Eyre T was as slow as they could possibly gear it. The surface itself was a Fast (9) through the top section going into a Good (6) for the bottom half.
I then ventured over to SV and ran Towers which again was 2 paced like Eyre but good fun. SV softened and became really nice after about 10am.
On a sadder note I saw @JohnK with his family which was great :) but just before my day and season came to an end I saw one of @JohnK 's kids had had a mishap. I hope your litte'un is ok.

To everyone I skied with this season ,too many to name , cheers for the fun and see you all next season.
Thxs for the report @Kelpieboy

Nidecker

A Local
Ski Pass
Aug 5, 2009

Was this the group/accident in SunValley around midday?? They were there for a while till ski patrol turned up with a Skidoo

JohnK

Hard Yards
Jun 6, 2003

Thanks @Kelpieboy. The injured girl wasn’t one of mine but a friend of my son. Looks like possible ACL, poor thing. Be careful sending the Sun Valley Cornice peeps!
Was good to meet you this season. I’m sure the skiing will soon be forgotten amidst the excitement of worming the flock.

skull

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 4, 2017
All above board.
I thought when travelling for essential reasons there were certain limitations on what is allowed. Similar with relocating to a rural address from a hot spot, quarantine period should apply.

Donza

Dogs body...
Platinum
Apr 21, 2004
woonona
I thought when travelling for essential reasons there were certain limitations on what is allowed. Similar with relocating to a rural address from a hot spot, quarantine period should apply.
Ha.

Rhetorical question.
Where are we currently regarding covid enforcement?
*besides the protest ring of steel.

skull

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 4, 2017
Ha.

Rhetorical question.
Where are we currently regarding covid enforcement?
*besides the protest ring of steel.
then it isn't 'all above board'

It is just the current restrictions are not being appropriately adhered to or checked on.

skull

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 4, 2017
I'm just laughing at your defined view that there is any concept of enforcement for breaches
no, I am going off your call of 'all above board' making it sound that it was within the rules.

Regardless of any enforcement in place or not, it isn't 'all above board', just people breaking the rules.

Reactions: hipo

Kelpieboy

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 27, 2015
Tooma , NSW
Thanks @Kelpieboy. The injured girl wasn’t one of mine but a friend of my son. Looks like possible ACL, poor thing. Be careful sending the Sun Valley Cornice peeps!
Was good to meet you this season. I’m sure the skiing will soon be forgotten amidst the excitement of worming the flock.
Yeah .... worming ,now that is exciting and something I really look forward to.
Sad for the little girl though ,hopefully only at the lighter grade of the injury scale.

GlenH

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 13, 2007
Just had an interesting call with Vails IT team. At the end of the meeting, I posed the question, "if snow is not a problem, what's the chance of opening beyond the long weekend if LGAs arent in lockdown" and the answer was, "there is a definite appetite within the organisation to do something".
@NightSky
Any updated thoughts on the above?

I figure NSW would need to reach 70% at least seven days earlier than originally forecast and Perisher would need to extend by more than seven days (unprecedented in my memory) for Sydney Siders to have any chance of riding a lift this year.

Feel free to tell me I'm dreaming.

PS
I don't mind parking my car at Eyre.

Nidecker

A Local
Ski Pass
Aug 5, 2009
@NightSky
Any updated thoughts on the above?

I figure NSW would need to reach 70% at least seven days earlier than originally forecast and Perisher would need to extend by more than seven days (unprecedented in my memory) for Sydney Siders to have any chance of riding a lift this year.

Feel free to tell me I'm dreaming.

PS
I don't mind parking my car at Eyre.

Hmmm I believe there could be a 1 week extension factored in already.
But I wonder if the numbers on the hill will make them rethink??
Also I have a felling "normally" when they do this, the school hols are later, and they get the benefit of that. I don't think that's the case this year. I guess we wait and see.

Reactions: Billy Jack
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass