Snow Report Perisher 2021 Trip Reports, Pics, Updates and Conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GlendaN

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 9, 2015
3 hours from lockdown…..*sigh*
5DFD5AED-7F94-4331-B664-34785AE04DBF.jpeg
Even the snow stake is sad at the end of the season. Perisher did well even if I only got 2 days in better than nothing and my gear is all ready for next year. Enjoy the final hours.

20210930_120953.jpg

Tonester

Lift Line Nazi
Ski Pass
Jul 6, 2001
Sydney
Vale season 2021.
The only skiing I got to do this season was a couple hours in the Sunday of opening weekend. It was going to be the season where I took back what I missed last year. Sigh.
And, I still have my skis in the lockers down at Perisher. Anyone else in the same situation?

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

GlenH

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 13, 2007
Perisher hinting at re-opening?
Not according to their web site:

• Sad
Reactions: Jonathan_P

Donza

Dogs body...
Platinum
Apr 21, 2004
woonona
Not according to their web site:

GlenH

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 13, 2007
Ooh... interesting!

Their web site said only:

The Snowy Monaro LGA will enter a 7-day lockdown and unfortunately Perisher’s lifts have spun their last spin for the 2021 season as of 2:30pm 30 September.

Although we’re disappointed to be marking the end of our season in this way, we’re grateful to all our guests, community and staff who joined us to celebrate some great spring skiing over the last few weeks. We will share updates to this page when they become available.

Jacko4650

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 15, 2014
Would slip up now for a quick last run on the V8 for 2021 if not isolating waiting for covid test result (after 6 hours queuing yesterday) because a person forgot to to check out of Woolies.
After reading your comment @Billy Jack , I decided to go up for the last few hours of the season in your honour!
A bit of rain never hurt anyone and doing laps of front valley with Normo was very pleasant. There was even about 35metres of very skiable snow, enough for a few decent short turns to embed in the muscle memory bank for next season.

MattyHoll

One of Us
Aug 17, 2016
I didn’t get up there till like 1pm, but glad I did. Leichhardt was skiing good, both the groomer and off piste. So just lapped that until we were moved over to the v8. The weather even seemed to have held up for me till close, because not long after it started raining again.

Also I read that post from Perisher and thought maybe they will have a pond skim? Who knows?

rocketboy

One of Us
Ski Pass
Sep 9, 2010
Gerroa
Grrrrr.

Speaking of. Has anyone in Jindy actually been pinged by NSW Health to test?

Close contacts might be getting calls - but no one I know who is just a casual contact on the QR app is getting a text or such. Most people I know who are getting a manual QR match are queuing for a test. Tmw morning will be busy. This will be either a mild outbreak or turn into a annoying hotspot that will cause lots of confusion for one and all.

coolair

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 10, 2007
NSW
Close contacts might be getting calls - but no one I know who is just a casual contact on the QR app is getting a text or such. Most people I know who are getting a manual QR match are queuing for a test. Tmw morning will be busy. This will be either a mild outbreak or turn into a annoying hotspot that will cause lots of confusion for one and all.
It took 9 days for me to get notified I may have been a close? Contact at
A Bunnings store(2 weeks ago). Been tested 2x, all clear.

Billy Jack

One of Us
Jul 6, 2016

I worked mine out then later this showed up in my history. But no contact from Health.
503388C7-0B4D-4367-8CEE-7EAB42AC09C2.png

Jacko4650

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 15, 2014
I didn’t get up there till like 1pm, but glad I did. Leichhardt was skiing good, both the groomer and off piste. So just lapped that until we were moved over to the v8. The weather even seemed to have held up for me till close, because not long after it started raining again.

Also I read that post from Perisher and thought maybe they will have a pond skim? Who knows?
The last couple of chairs on the V8 at 3pm were reserved for a group promising the Pond Skim. It was a bit tricky given the slow, slushy snow but a group straight-lined down front valley, past the V8 load, past the rest of us unclipping our gear and into the creek! Most actually made the snow island that had formed, but others fell foul and had to wade out.
Hats off to the young couple that de-robed and jumped from the bridge into the creek. Whoa, how cold would that have been!!! The young lady in bra and panties even duck-dived once or twice to prove the point. Alas, they did not jump a second time. Hats off to you two legends and the others that skimmed the pond so to speak!!

MattyHoll

One of Us
Aug 17, 2016
The last couple of chairs on the V8 at 3pm were reserved for a group promising the Pond Skim. It was a bit tricky given the slow, slushy snow but a group straight-lined down front valley, past the V8 load, past the rest of us unclipping our gear and into the creek! Most actually made the snow island that had formed, but others fell foul and had to wade out.
Hats off to the young couple that de-robed and jumped from the bridge into the creek. Whoa, how cold would that have been!!! The young lady in bra and panties even duck-dived once or twice to prove the point. Alas, they did not jump a second time. Hats off to you two legends and the others that skimmed the pond so to speak!!
Spinal injury waiting to happen for the guys jumping off the bridge, actually the bloke said “it’s not deep”. At least he didn’t go head first

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass