Snow Report Perisher 2021 Trip Reports, Pics, Updates and Conditions.

DidSurfNowSki

One of them
Ski Pass
Jan 19, 2014
Canberra, ACT
Yep. Beyond my capabilities to go flat out on Yarrandoo.... but very much fun.

Saw a couple of patrollers hammering Accelerator on the Ridge one time, I swear one of them got about 100 horizontal metres of air, just on the part before the double blue dots on this trail map excerpt. :D
Taking Yarrandoo just after that point (moving skier right) into Yarrandoo from Axcelerator really tests your mettle. At speed. :D

Screen Shot 2021-10-02 at 8.01.26 am.jpg
Pft, we use helicopters to get air in Vale resorts these days. Do try to keep up ;)

skichic

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
May 26, 2003

Saw a couple of patrollers hammering Accelerator on the Ridge one time, I swear one of them got about 100 horizontal metres of air, just on the part before the double blue dots on this trail map excerpt. :D
Taking Yarrandoo just after that point (moving skier right) into Yarrandoo from Axcelerator really tests your mettle. At speed. :D

Excelerator!!!! Twice!

Kelpieboy

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 27, 2015
Tooma , NSW

Rock Garden into Yarrandoo can be a lot more fun than Exellerator into Yarrandoo however both should be done with the slipper firmly into the throttle. Pretty much the only reason to venture over that way , imho.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Kelpieboy

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 27, 2015
Tooma , NSW
There are very few who rip down rock garden given its an ungroomed of piste pitch of so many variables.

Ya'all either dreaming or lost
Put your big boy pants on ,make sure your medical coverage is up to date ,pray to whatever gods you choose then point them downhill and hang on ;). If there isn't a tingle in your left arm then you aren't going fast enough :p.
In all seriousness ,I thought pretty much the same as you ..... tread warily until Yarrandoo then let fly until this season. I went there with an absolute madman and a Canuck this season ,they showed me a path (of sorts) which allowed seriously scary pace for a fair bit of it. Scared the :crap: out of me the first run or two but then it was hey lets have at it. Needs good conditions but when its right ....... hot damn :cool:.

Swede

One of Us
Ski Pass
Feb 3, 2007
Woonona
There are very few who rip down rock garden given its an ungroomed of piste pitch of so many variables.

Ya'all either dreaming or lost
Maybe some people exaggerate their knowledge about things and their ability to do certain things when they post on Internet forums? Seems highly unlikely and I’ve never seen it on these forums before but just a thought that came to me :)

SMSkier

One of Us
Ski Pass
Oct 4, 2016
I don’t ski that fast. Control and avoidance of others are top of mind generally. Quickest line I’ve consistently done over a single session was Hypertrail one morning. Well groomed, optimal snow conditions and no one on it. So you could give it a crack and laps at about 6 mins average (some faster and some slower). I recall @Normo commenting on the times :). That session was about 3 or so hours. But nothing like some of the speed demons do here on the forum. Too quick for me by a long way and I generally get overtaken.

Kelpieboy

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 27, 2015
Tooma , NSW
Maybe some people exaggerate their knowledge about things and their ability to do certain things when they post on Internet forums? Seems highly unlikely and I’ve never seen it on these forums before but just a thought that came to me :)
Not really ,speed is relative to the person. What I consider fast is relative to my ability but for another person ,say Svindal for example with far greater ability ,they would consider my fast to be a mere trot down the hill.
I ski down this run as fast as I can rather than pick my way down slowly ,which is not an exaggeration at all. Besides too many in here know my ability ,or lack thereof ,for me too exaggerate and expect to get away with it. :)

Last edited:

Telemark Phat

Pass the butter
Ski Pass
Jun 21, 2008
Jindabyne
www.telemarkphat.org
Put your big boy pants on ,make sure your medical coverage is up to date ,pray to whatever gods you choose then point them downhill and hang on ;). If there isn't a tingle in your left arm then you aren't going fast enough :p.
In all seriousness ,I thought pretty much the same as you ..... tread warily until Yarrandoo then let fly until this season. I went there with an absolute madman and a Canuck this season ,they showed me a path (of sorts) which allowed seriously scary pace for a fair bit of it. Scared the :crap: out of me the first run or two but then it was hey lets have at it. Needs good conditions but when its right ....... hot damn :cool:.
Scary for some is mundane for others. If you arent hitting 10m drops on Rock Garden you aren't going fast.

P.S. I'm not a fast Rock Garden skier.

Last edited:

Astro66

Still looking for a park in Thredbo
Ski Pass
Jul 27, 2009
Eastern Subs Syd
im still to young to drink :D
Hi Lachlan, Normo also engages in lots of outdoor activity, like fishing and kayaking in the summer. So do I.

Combined with riding bicycles, it's a great way to keep in good shape in the off season, so you don't injure yourself, when ski season returns.

I have locked in my Season Pass, and if you're fit enough. We'll see you Opening Weekend 2022. :thumbs:

Lachlan skellet

Addicted
Aug 13, 2021
pymble NSW
Hi Lachlan, Normo also engages in lots of outdoor activity, like fishing and kayaking in the summer. So do I.

Combined with riding bicycles, it's a great way to keep in good shape in the off season, so you don't injure yourself, when ski season returns.

I have locked in my Season Pass, and if you're fit enough. We'll see you Opening Weekend 2022. :thumbs:
will do well i might be going to japan but i will see you next season

Reactions: Astro66
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass