Snow Report Perisher 2021 Trip Reports, Pics, Updates and Conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dawooduck

relaxed and comfortable
Ski Pass
Oct 26, 2002
Mountains
I just hope this tropical summer doesn't roll into a tropical winter.

Covid will do whatever it so desires.

Marty McSly

A brick propping up the furniture
Ski Pass
Jul 12, 2011
Hunter Valley Whine Country, NSW
what do you guys think about this season, with the amount of cases we have everyday. My plan is keep going, but will limited the amount of time indoor as much as possible. And full protection, gloves masks etc. Bring my own food/water and only take break outside or in the car. Plus avoid shopping during busy hours for food. Thoughts?

[/THREAD]

Jacko4650

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 15, 2014
what do you guys think about this season, with the amount of cases we have everyday. My plan is keep going, but will limited the amount of time indoor as much as possible. And full protection, gloves masks etc. Bring my own food/water and only take break outside or in the car. Plus avoid shopping during busy hours for food. Thoughts?
I haven't had too many issues over the last 2 seasons, bar a few inconveniences and the odd lockdown. BYO everything if you are worried about indoor areas (beers do not freeze if you bury in the snow, so stash a few early and enjoy later for lunch) A good plan might include Plan B - Backcountry gear. If there is a lockdown, you can use the resort or at least parts of the resort. Much fun to be had.

Donza

Dogs body...
Platinum
Apr 21, 2004
woonona
Screenshot_20220118-212928_Facebook.jpg

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

BlueHue

One of Us
Ski Pass
Apr 17, 2003
South of Cooma
Seems most likely although I thought they already had an established crew for that. Also gping by SMRC website lake foreshore trail timelines Tyrolean area (a bit far from Perisher) and Hatchery to Gaden/TVT link are set to be on the go soon. NPWS have also been looking at extending TVT down to picnic area at Kosci Rd entry to park by Thredbo River.... infact they've been working on that proposal for a while so seems the most likely option to me. Also heard a rumour NPWS might remake parts of lower TVT to align a bit better with upper TVT in style and challenge.

Summary, IMO it is TVT related.

BlueHue

One of Us
Ski Pass
Apr 17, 2003
South of Cooma
I'd say Dirt Art job is related to below off NSW DPIEs Parks and Reserves web page:

1642566060597.png

1642566060597.png

Kind of hoping it's not as the above is pretty much confirmed one way or another, meaning if its not TVT it would be something all new, as long as it is sustainable and reasonable within its site/ecological context.

Donza

Dogs body...
Platinum
Apr 21, 2004
woonona
Yet the picture on Dirt arts instagram is of a trail above the snowline.

As opposed to the tvt and Thredbo pics posted before.

All a mystery.

skifree

A disciple of the blessed avi giraffe
Ski Pass
Jul 13, 1998
Middle Oz
I'd say Dirt Art job is related to below off NSW DPIEs Parks and Reserves web page:

1642566060597.png

1642566060597.png

Kind of hoping it's not as the above is pretty much confirmed one way or another, meaning if its not TVT it would be something all new, as long as it is sustainable and reasonable within its site/ecological context.

A fair bit of the GTH to TRPA section was actually built but was not finished or open when I last checked on the ground. The last 200M from done track to the Picnic Ground was being worked on October 2021.

Don't know about the BF to GTH section.

BlueHue

One of Us
Ski Pass
Apr 17, 2003
South of Cooma
A fair bit of the GTH to TRPA section was actually built but was not finished or open when I last checked on the ground. The last 200M from done track to the Picnic Ground was being worked on October 2021.

Don't know about the BF to GTH section.
Ahh ok so largely done, might just be something new!

BlueHue

One of Us
Ski Pass
Apr 17, 2003
South of Cooma
Yet the picture on Dirt arts instagram is of a trail above the snowline.

As opposed to the tvt and Thredbo pics posted before.

All a mystery.
It is quite mysterious unless you are lucky enough to have some inside knowledge! To be appointing trail builders is a fairly advanced step, I guess Dirt Art could be doing the design/DA phase though.

BlueHue

One of Us
Ski Pass
Apr 17, 2003
South of Cooma
Dirt Art do Thredbo's trails and the pic provided is from Thredbo. We know that Thredbo has a progressive program of downhill trail building. Be odd to mention Perisher though and not Thredbo.

NPWS by all reports are dead against any new trails in sub-alpine and alpine zones which would make Perisher a strange option unless it is within disturbed resort areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass