Snow Report Perisher 2021 Trip Reports, Pics, Updates and Conditions.

Onlybackscratchers

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 7, 2017
That's 11-12vms that you'll never get back. Make a complaint.
Reminds me of my last day of 2019, 2hrs after Normo had finished up I cruised down the V8 for the last time and grabbed a coffee and feed before the big drive home. I checked my VM's for the day and was 50m off Normo. So I diverted my walk to the carpark via the V8 and scanned myself one more time. Ironically that fake VM is the last scan I've done and I'm guessing Normo will rack up over 1 million VM before my next.

Interruptedbyfireworks

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 1, 2018
Queanbeyan, NSW
I left my car in the carpark at Perisher once. Hire car, which I'd had for a day. Had no idea what make it was, what colour it was, rego, or where I'd parked it. In the days before remotes and flashing indicators. I must have walked up & down every aisle in the carpark half a dozen times over about an hour and a half (in skiboots carrying skis), until just about everybody else had gone home, and the choice was narrowed down sufficiently that I could start trying key in locks. Finally found it. Last time I made that mistake.
I dropped my car keys on Front Valley on closing weekend a few years ago. Quoted $800 from a local locksmith to come and redo the locks on my car but couldn't come that day...spare car keys were with a friend in Canberra who had just jumped in the car (with 3 kids in tow) to drive them to me when someone handed the keys in to guest services. Last time I made that mistake too!

Kelpieboy

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 27, 2015
Tooma , NSW
Early moistness saw a few retirees from our ranks. A few spins with @SMSkier on the quad ,snow heavy wet and vis varying from below par to wtf are you doing here.
I stuck it out and was rewarded with a piece of excellent timing having me placed on first chair of the season at Leichhardt :) . The loop was ok ,our normal morning charges either side of the chair was ....... yeah na not worth it.
The moistness dried up and the sun came out and really it wasn't half bad considering.
Ended the day on top of todays leaderboard ,another first for me.

NightSky

One of Us
Ski Pass
Ski Pass
Jul 6, 2015
Omega Centauri
Ended the day on top of todays leaderboard ,another first for me.

315th for me, but I only started at 2pm, daughter was 137th, that extra hour fetching her kit. I see no one took up my bounty on her :mad:
Screenshot_20210611-190536_Chrome.jpg

robbo mcs

A Local
Ski Pass
Sep 1, 2008
Kenthurst / Jindabyne
315th for me, but I only started at 2pm, daughter was 137th, that extra hour fetching her kit. I see no one took up my bounty on her :mad:
Screenshot_20210611-190536_Chrome.jpg

Well done.
You must have special farmers emojis. I notice the attention to detail in your name, with a couple of different sheep LOL Rams, Ewes, different breeds, they all look the same to us city folk;)

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Seafm

Too far from the snow
Ski Pass
Jun 5, 2014
Cairns, Queensland
Somebody dropped their wallet off the quad today. The guy was looking for at least two hours, didn’t look fun at all.
My phone fell out of my pocket on bloody Mary on the last trip. After going back up the top I told a few folks to keep an eye out for it. Was found a few minutes later:)

Reactions: skifree

Aractus

One of Us
Sep 5, 2018
Canberra
I dropped my car keys on Front Valley on closing weekend a few years ago. Quoted $800 from a local locksmith to come and redo the locks on my car but couldn't come that day...spare car keys were with a friend in Canberra who had just jumped in the car (with 3 kids in tow) to drive them to me when someone handed the keys in to guest services. Last time I made that mistake too!

My car key has my phone number on the tag, in case I drop it and someone picks it up.

robbo mcs

A Local
Ski Pass
Sep 1, 2008
Kenthurst / Jindabyne
My car key has my phone number on the tag, in case I drop it and someone picks it up.

I attach my car key to a carabiner, which is inside my jacket pocket.I never open that jacket pocket, apart for the key.

There are quite a few cars now you can unlock and start with a phone, including remotely, eg if you were at Perisher, you could unlock and start your car in Sydney for someone etc. My vehicles are not that advanced. Even if they were, I’d probably lose my phone ;)

Ultra2.0

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jan 27, 2020
someone left their phone on the roof of a car last weekend, we waited about 10 mins, no one came back, so took the phone to gues services, on the way it rang a few times, but we couldn't answer it, not the right face.. oh well. at least no one stole it, and hopefully, someone at services will answer it, or they will go there.

If I lose my phone, that's the car keys as well, but I do have a card key in my wallet, so would have to lose both to not be able to drive.

Reetro

One of Us
Sep 7, 2017
Got better when they opened Carpet 4 and then Carpet 2. Never been allowed on Carpet 2 before.
You really have to be careful with Rockets!!!
It was funny watching the people go off piste and getting stuck.

Lots of people walking out of the cleft.
Yes , that's something that doesn't happen at -10 in that other place. B ut it is what it is. Maybe in Mid August during my 15 day adventure we will get the usual 90-120 again and have that secret POW stash on Mt P, the one I buried myself in. Best run at Perisher for me. BUT thats a secret.
I seem to remember you left your gloves, goggles and some other stuff at home as well LOL
We have all done it at some stage. I left my boots in Jindy once:rolleyes:

My best, Left my Wallet at Half way on one of the outside tables. Got to Smiggs , realised no wallet.. Argh back I went. It was there. I would like to thank all the honest people in here!! It had a bit in it too. (Yes the money survived as well)

Kelpieboy

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 27, 2015
Tooma , NSW
Drive up ....... clear stuff falling till Guthega turnoff ,wintery mix/proper snow from there. Road covered in something from Dainers onwards.
Carpark temp is -0.2c and right now a wintery mix falling. Looks like they had a little bit falling during the night.
Wind is WNW with stronger gusts. Might be some windhold.
Honestly at the moment ....... not all that tempted to leave the vehicle.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass