Snow Report Perisher 2021 Trip Reports, Pics, Updates and Conditions.

Spence

One of Us
Ski Pass
Mar 16, 2019
Sydney
Disappointed in all of you. Forget the dude with no sense of feeling in his legs. No one has picked up on the riddle on the whiteboard. Well?
Replying to my own post here. No takers (not including @cold wombat’s effort ;))?

Answer: Eggs. For anyone using the ski tube, if they are doing a daily/weekly riddle on the whiteboard, can someone please post it. A bit of fun. Thanks.

nfip

Cold 'n Rusty
Ski Pass
Jul 24, 2006
Yuin Country
And half an hour later

IMG_20210612_080107.jpg
the conga line coming down the hill.

Marty McSly

A brick propping up the furniture
Ski Pass
Jul 12, 2011
Hunter Valley Whine Country, NSW
Would you like a NSFW answer? Half the population has one...
Great minds think alike. :thumbs:

Answer: Eggs. For anyone using the ski tube, if they are double a daily/weekly riddle on the whiteboard, can someone please post it. A bit of fun. Thanks
I was going to say a glow stick.

Wonder how long it'll be before some passing passenger with a whiteboard marker writes a witty riposte?

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Reetro

One of Us
Sep 7, 2017
Replying to my own post here. No takers (not including @cold wombat’s effort ;))?

Answer: Eggs. For anyone using the ski tube, if they are doing a daily/weekly riddle on the whiteboard, can someone please post it. A bit of fun. Thanks.
Clearly have to do better!

SMSkier

One of Us
Ski Pass
Oct 4, 2016
Busy enough by 9:30. So I did the right thing and packed up, leaving a parking spot for someone - who would barely let me out. They seemed concerned that someone else would get the spot. Prior to that a few runs with @Kelpieboy @Astro66 and @Lady Penelope. Snow is still wet but building nicely.

Carpark full and parking started both sides of the road when I left with a steady line of traffic down past Smiggs.

I hope that C19 stays away. If it’s going to emerge and spread, the tunnel at PV, (ticket office area) is where it would happen (not saying it will). You could not have squeezed more folks in there at 9:30.

I must be one of the few folks still masking up. Going to stay that way !

38A605AE-E60F-410A-9DA3-06E0D17CF6FB.jpeg

C1F9F576-5A72-41D6-9E3F-D2C700492243.jpeg

cookieman

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 7, 2013
Melbourne
Tube closed due to strong smell of burning apparently from its brakes. Could be mayhem if it takes a while
Just got a call from my daughter who was on that train. Yes, there was smoke and some panic and at first they were not allowed to leave the train but later told to get off and walk the 2 to 300m to perisher. They are ok however this is a lesson of the potential dangers of smoke or fire in that tunnel.

Jasper Schwarz

Young but not afraid
Ski Pass
Jun 18, 2017
Northern Beaches, Sydney,
Skitube was something our family had a rule about. And that was always to be low side of the train. Thus, if there was a fire incident, my plan was to hope the carriages held “in situ” by the rack and cog system. Your (for most passengers) never going to outrun that chimney of smoke. IMO.

I respect any alternate views. My history and reasoning…. Former firefighter and head of Fire Investigation and Fire research for the state. Boss asked me about a worst case incident with the tube. My response was in a worst case Fire scenario, when the train was jam packed, to get body bags. Amongst other operational planning. It’s on file somewhere.

Studied human behaviour in fire (PhD) and lectured this stuff at uni. That’s the ego shit done.

Bottom line, The train remains a fantastic and pretty safe resource. I just had “rules” - just in case :).
Thats actually really good information to know.
Thanks Steve!!

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass