Snow Report Perisher 2021 Trip Reports, Pics, Updates and Conditions.

NightSky

One of Us
Ski Pass
Ski Pass
Jul 6, 2015
Omega Centauri
Lots of queuing, not much skiing.

20210612_093626.jpg
We saw it like that at times last year too, when they weren't fully loading the chairs.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Nidecker

A Local
Ski Pass
Aug 5, 2009
Alpine the dark side of snowboarding
The crowds were large, but the be waits to get on weren't really that bad. Have had worse in school holidays. Sometimes we went around Leichhardt and you skied half way down the queue markers, other times it was out 10m past the queue markers.
Yeah I have to say it looks worse than it is. We haven't waited that long, but am teaching my daughters friend to snowboard, so not really all that concerned

Outlooker

One of Us
Ski Pass
Ski Pass
Mar 20, 2003
Northern Beaches, Sydney
I was disappointed I couldn’t make it down this long weekend… now not so much.

Officially fully un-frothed :)
Was always going to be a circus and not worth the time and effort. Jindy fully booked now and all season. To make it even less attractive they will be enjoying a 9-10 hour trip back to Sydney on Monday. Good for the mountain economy though after a tough couple of years. Hopefully we get a lot more open for the school holidays. We need a good freeze on this base !!!!! ❄️❄️❄️

Astro66

Still looking for a park in Thredbo
Ski Pass
Jul 27, 2009
Eastern Subs Syd
So ...... It was a day of crowd avoidance. But still a fabulous day.

The sun came out and the runs down low were full of sweet turns.
20210612_120657.jpg

Met up with some of the forum regulars.

20210612_120914.jpg

The pic of the runs was the trees near Sundeck on front valley and I did enjoy how twisty Pretty Valley was. I did run the closed goop at the top. Thank God I had the Phats on. Some peeps stuck there for more than an hour, unable to ski out.

Turning on my heels, I was able to ski down to where the groomer had been, and it was fresh powder turns to be had.

Great day.
20210612_124627.jpg

20210612_124650.jpg

Roymond

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 1, 2018

20210612_120657.jpg

20210612_120914.jpg

The pic of the runs was the trees near Sundeck on front valley and I did enjoy how twisty Pretty Valley was. I did run the closed goop at the top. Thank God I had the Phats on. Some peeps stuck there for more than an hour, unable to ski out.

Turning on my heels, I was able to ski down to where the groomer had been, and it was fresh powder turns to be had.

Great day.
20210612_124627.jpg

20210612_124650.jpg
Is the mask rule in place for this season?

kiter

One of Us
Ski Pass
Sep 21, 2002
Newcastle
I noticed someone said mt p open tomorro . Lots of grooming going on today over there and the triple was spinning late . But not listed as lifts expected for tomorrow. Anyone got a scoop on this ? Perhaps a surprise for tomorro ( shhh don’t tell canbrrrr people with epics who might sneak up for the day on that news

Outlooker

One of Us
Ski Pass
Ski Pass
Mar 20, 2003
Northern Beaches, Sydney
I noticed someone said mt p open tomorro . Lots of grooming going on today over there and the triple was spinning late . But not listed as lifts expected for tomorrow. Anyone got a scoop on this ? Perhaps a surprise for tomorro ( shhh don’t tell canbrrrr people with epics who might sneak up for the day on that news
Won’t open at 9:00am but I think that is the plan. Plenty of work to make it happen if it can get done In the morning. Maybe by lunchtime.

Lady Penelope

One of some lot ...
Ski Pass
Sep 7, 2014
Canberra
Today was super busy on the slopes, although Leichhardt and Happy Valley were the main choke points. The former stopped for 10 minutes at one point which didn’t help the queue but allowed those of us sitting on it (a captive audience) to view a group of snowboarders somersaulting in an unplanned way down Powder Ridge. The gates also malfunctioned in the morning, only letting through two at a time (the reason for the queue seen in @Astro66’s photo). Mixed bag, with some of the best runs on Front Valley in the afternoon. Busiest opening weekend I have experienced with cars parked half way back to Smiggins.

But all of this paled into insignificance compared with Woolies at 5pm. Mayhem - large queues out the front as they were inundated with customers. I’m still recovering :whistle: .

Kelpieboy

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 27, 2015
Tooma , NSW
Not too bad a day really. I didn't find the crowds too bad ,don't think I waited in a queue for very long at any stage. Combination of yelling "single" all day which can gain you great territory in any queue and being one of the great "queue rats" of our era ( I have been told I could queue rat for Australia :D ) meant I made short shrift of most queues.
I went down to Pretty early in the day and thought I would have a crack off piste and was going ok for a while and thinking this ain't so bad. Just at that point ,as always happens ,I find myself bum up and my head buried in the snow. Still no idea exactly what happened but brushed myself off and kept going down to the chair and away.
I thought the trip down Goats was the pick of the day for mine ,it held up pretty well till mid arvo.
Spent a few hours with grandaughter which is always something to treasure.

Surfphotos Centralcoast

One of Us
Ski Pass
Feb 9, 2021

20210612_120657.jpg

20210612_120914.jpg

Great day.
20210612_124627.jpg

20210612_124650.jpg
There must be only one with that outfit on, we sat next to it having a muffin & milkshake in a smokey ski-tube cafe.

Balsta

One of Us
Ski Pass
Sep 11, 2012
I did a number of laps of Pretty Valley, even though the lift ride is longer I was lapping it in about 11-12 minutes, had to go via Mid Station to stay on the groomed runs. In comparison Quad (to mid) laps were taking about 12-14 minutes, due to the lift line.
Decent day In the end.

Jonathan_P

One of Us
Ski Pass
Dec 22, 2018
I did a number of laps of Pretty Valley, even though the lift ride is longer I was lapping it in about 11-12 minutes, had to go via Mid Station to stay on the groomed runs. In comparison Quad (to mid) laps were taking about 12-14 minutes, due to the lift line.
Decent day In the end.
Not bad considering 9mins of that is the chairlift ride :)

Reactions: Marty McSly

Aractus

One of Us
Sep 5, 2018
Canberra
Ahhh its private.
Video of hundreds of cars queued down from smiggs.

Yeah that's normal!

And on that point I was pretty much 100% right about no more Covid-19 restrictions outdoors for resort-capacity/social-distancing/lift-capacity/snow-play/tobogganing (and masks, but that was Perisher policy). The outdoors are back to normal, indoor capacity restrictions are the same as they are for any other NSW business.

Find somewhere else? Maybe Cooma?

Yep, that's what I'd recommend. @stridercdh I think you can hire XC skis directly from NPWS at Perisher, no? Either that or go with Rhythm they're open 24/7 this year just like normal. Leave half an hour earlier if stopping there.

Donza

Dogs body...
Ski Pass
Platinum
Apr 21, 2004
woonona
Yeah that's normal!

And on that point I was pretty much 100% right about no more Covid-19 restrictions outdoors for resort-capacity/social-distancing/lift-capacity/snow-play/tobogganing (and masks, but that was Perisher policy). The outdoors are back to normal, indoor capacity restrictions are the same as they are for any other NSW business.

Yep, that's what I'd recommend. @stridercdh I think you can hire XC skis directly from NPWS at Perisher, no? Either that or go with Rhythm they're open 24/7 this year just like normal. Leave half an hour earlier if stopping there.
Nah its not normal for QBW .

Reactions: Sir Surfalot
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass