Snow Report Perisher 2021 Trip Reports, Pics, Updates and Conditions.

Donza

Dogs body...
Platinum
Apr 21, 2004
woonona
There was a piece on the news about 2 weeks ago on the wife and her pregnancy. One of their friends told them about the proceedure, where they can extract viable sperm up to 72 hrs after death. So they went straight to the morgue and did it with the doctor.
That’s kinda cool, and I imagine a comfort to his wife and family. They better raise her/him as a boarder!
I was sad last year.

Sad again. Today was supposed to be my first day of the season... 7 day trip coming up. Then down to Melbourne.

MattyHoll

One of Us
Aug 17, 2016
I thought Guthega skied alright this arvo, a lot better than some of the other sections around blue cow and perisher. I've never had the chance to venture over there before as it is usually shut when i've been there, or at thredbo when it was open so that was definitely worth the trip, even if just for the view.

There is quite a lot of off piste to be had around there and not too steep, does the area however usually catch much snow? Because its south/ west facing where the wind usually comes from I thought it might be abit too exposed? I also realised the gates for the freedom quad weren't accessible.

Reactions: SMSkier

Lady Penelope

One of some lot ...
Ski Pass
Sep 7, 2014
Canberra
First day of our school holiday trip. Firstly, commiserations to all the Greater Sydney people. While the relative lack of crowds was pleasant for us, I feel for all of you who’ve cancelled plans and are unable to make it down here for heaven knows how long … :(

Anyway, pulled into a 90% full car park just before 10am (late departure from Canberra this morning) to a cracker of a day. The snow was pretty hard and scraped off in places (Towers was probably our least favourite run of the day) but Blue Cow and Guthega rocked. A few pics:

Crowds lining up to get into Blue Cow terminal (with social distancing more strict now)

7FBD106A-C555-4EAF-AB6E-237AC71D03DB.jpeg

Reasonable cover off Interceptor

309CE724-139E-4150-A8B3-37EF32CD9D20.jpeg

Those views at Guthega ….

F954A933-5E62-477C-8A61-DEA3476A3B6E.jpeg

2FF47083-1EDB-4614-84A9-AD95C53FD974.jpeg

Car park at about 11am

4392B89F-8D5F-48A2-B305-424CDD816A1D.jpeg

The resort isn’t crazy busy but there are enough people here to keep things ticking over.

…. and the Quad Express is now open to the top!

823C9F72-D6EA-4F85-81A9-F0D62DFB79A3.jpeg

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Me+3

One of Us
Jun 26, 2014
You can use the Duplex anyway, and slide around to Interceptor.

I still think the best result is a go pro on your chest, it gets a more solid firm picture. Might pick up a cheap second hand one.
agree if your a skier.
do not agree if your a boarder. you end up with footage of the side of a run.

Reactions: Reetro

Sir Surfalot

One of Us
Ski Pass
Apr 23, 2000
Somewhere surfy or snowy
I guess i'll be getting a epic pass refund.
This is the applicable clause isn't it:
  1. Stay-at Home Order. You are unable to use your pass during the applicable Core Season because the municipality, county, state, province, or country in which your Permanent Residence is located is subject to a “quarantine,” “stay-at-home,” “shelter-in-place” or other comparable mandatory governmental order lasting thirty (30) or more consecutive days. Your “Permanent Residence” refers to your fixed, permanent and principal home for legal and tax purposes.

So (warning: IANAL) I read the T&Cs as you have 30 days to claim for it after the "event" (which I guess is on the 30th consecutive day your permanent address is affected by a stay-at-home order), meaning you could hold out for a couple of weeks - to salvage a few days' skiing - and still get (pro-rata) some money back based on how many days later in the season (ie during the 30 days claim window after the 30+ days of stay-at-home) you were able to get. Scale for how much refund you get based on how much skiing you managed before/after the lockdown is in the T&Cs.

Heath

First Runs
May 31, 2021
I thought Guthega skied alright this arvo, a lot better than some of the other sections around blue cow and perisher. I've never had the chance to venture over there before as it is usually shut when i've been there, or at thredbo when it was open so that was definitely worth the trip, even if just for the view.

There is quite a lot of off piste to be had around there and not too steep, does the area however usually catch much snow? Because its south/ west facing where the wind usually comes from I thought it might be abit too exposed? I also realised the gates for the freedom quad weren't accessible.

How do u get on the freedom quad?

kiter

One of Us
Ski Pass
Sep 21, 2002
Newcastle
I observed a sudden abrupt stop on mt p double and a long time before it got going again and 2 maintenance crews rushing over to it around 3 pm on skidoo’s . Anyone got the lowdown in this ??

sixty_eight

One of Us
Feb 18, 2009
NSW
Soooooooo.

I guess i'll be getting a epic pass refund.

Enjoy peeps.

Is Perisher doing automatic refunds for weekly lift passes if you cannot go due to Sydney Lockdown?

Or do you have to apply in writing for a refund as per their Terms and Conditions.....

32. Cancellations and changes to bookings with respect to the relevant Product or Service will only be accepted from or sent to the person in whose name the booking is made (or a parent or guardian, in the case of a booking made in the name of a minor) and will be confirmed via email. Cancellations and changes to bookings must be submitted and confirmed in writing, prior to the scheduled commencement or any activation (as applicable) of the relevant Product or Service.
Cancellations and changes to a booking with respect to the relevant Product or Service:
a. are free where the change is made seven (7) or more days prior to the earliest scheduled commencement date of any Product or Service within the booking;
and b. will attract a change fee of $50 where the change is made within seven (7) days and 48 hours of the earliest scheduled commencement dates of any Product or Service within the booking;
and c. will attract a change fee of 100% of the booking total price where the change is made within 48 hours of the earliest scheduled commencement dates of any Product or Service within the booking.

I have bought a 5 Day Pass for the week following next, and if the Sydney Lockdown is extended for another week beyond Friday 16th July, I am out.

Donza

Dogs body...
Platinum
Apr 21, 2004
woonona
Is Perisher doing automatic refunds for weekly lift passes if you cannot go due to Sydney Lockdown?

Or do you have to apply in writing for a refund as per their Terms and Conditions.....

32. Cancellations and changes to bookings with respect to the relevant Product or Service will only be accepted from or sent to the person in whose name the booking is made (or a parent or guardian, in the case of a booking made in the name of a minor) and will be confirmed via email. Cancellations and changes to bookings must be submitted and confirmed in writing, prior to the scheduled commencement or any activation (as applicable) of the relevant Product or Service.
Cancellations and changes to a booking with respect to the relevant Product or Service:
a. are free where the change is made seven (7) or more days prior to the earliest scheduled commencement date of any Product or Service within the booking;
and b. will attract a change fee of $50 where the change is made within seven (7) days and 48 hours of the earliest scheduled commencement dates of any Product or Service within the booking;
and c. will attract a change fee of 100% of the booking total price where the change is made within 48 hours of the earliest scheduled commencement dates of any Product or Service within the booking.

I have bought a 5 Day Pass for the week following next, and if the Sydney Lockdown is extended for another week beyond Friday 16th July, I am out.
Yeah they did automatic last week.
* for week passes.

Lady Penelope

One of some lot ...
Ski Pass
Sep 7, 2014
Canberra
Loved the DJ on blue cow deck

14917170-1A24-4A95-869B-FFFD5A33C009.jpeg
Yes, he was good!

So the clouds parted early on for another warm, bluebird day. Arrived at Mt P earlier so Towers was good first up. A few nice runs on Happy Valley (one of the few times you can get on the T bar without a lengthy wait), then off to Blue Cow and Guthega for a rinse and repeat of yesterday. Run of the day: Mother-in -Law. Just beautiful, and not tracked out. Don’t know why - perhaps the narrow access track at the top put some people off, but it was just … smokin’

9F97EB85-8650-49BF-8655-B5F07FBA461E.jpeg

0A7F899C-7316-415D-8DF0-762C40F72930.jpeg

It’s also the time of the year when I remember why I don‘t like Copperhead Road around now. First part - good. Last third - chaos, with inexperienced skiers and boarders lying spreadeagled over the icy, lumpy, steeper sections of the track. More Road to Damnation …. I followed the boys and went off-piste through the trees. Not bad …. Photo of the last part (far from the worst):

B3B99D42-14C1-4290-9264-403EBC1E8508.jpeg

Perisher doing a good job getting access runs open despite lack of snow over the past few days.

dawooduck

relaxed and comfortable
Ski Pass
Oct 26, 2002
Mountains
It's quite hilarious, I know a couple of young kids who have spent a number of years training at Perisher, who are now at Thredbo.

Brand new race skis pretty much destroyed from rocks, the same runs over and over, no variation. Out of the mouths of babes the assessment isn't pretty.

I keep telling them Thredbo is like the little girl in this poem :)

There was a little girl,
Who had a little curl,
Right in the middle of her forehead.
When she was good,
She was very good indeed,
But when she was bad she was horrid.

It is hard on the 6 turn hill kids when they move to a 60 turn hill .... :p

And when they were up, they were up
And when they were down, they were down
And when they were only half-way up
They were neither up nor down

Telemark Phat

Pass the butter
Ski Pass
Jun 21, 2008
Jindabyne
www.telemarkphat.org
Yes, he was good!

So the clouds parted early on for another warm, bluebird day. Arrived at Mt P earlier so Towers was good first up. A few nice runs on Happy Valley (one of the few times you can get on the T bar without a lengthy wait), then off to Blue Cow and Guthega for a rinse and repeat of yesterday. Run of the day: Mother-in -Law. Just beautiful, and not tracked out. Don’t know why - perhaps the narrow access track at the top put some people off, but it was just … smokin’

9F97EB85-8650-49BF-8655-B5F07FBA461E.jpeg

0A7F899C-7316-415D-8DF0-762C40F72930.jpeg

It’s also the time of the year when I remember why I don‘t like Copperhead Road around now. First part - good. Last third - chaos, with inexperienced skiers and boarders lying spreadeagled over the icy, lumpy, steeper sections of the track. More Road to Damnation …. I followed the boys and went off-piste through the trees. Not bad …. Photo of the last part (far from the worst):

B3B99D42-14C1-4290-9264-403EBC1E8508.jpeg

Perisher doing a good job getting access runs open despite lack of snow over the past few days.
I waived at @Lady Penelope today. She didn't wave back. :(

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass