Snow Report Perisher 2022 Plans, Trip Reports, Pics, Updates and Conditions.

Marty McSly

Not a monster
Ski Pass
Jul 12, 2011
Hunter Valley Whine Country, NSW
Jumping the gun? Who, me?

Paid a deposit yesterday for a booking at the NRMA caravan park, 31 July to 31 August. Can cancel up to the end of June.

Yes I was thinking about Island Bend, but caravanning isn't something I've done before, let alone going off-grid. Small steps. I'll sort packing and routines on a powered site before adding in charging and using batteries.

Plenty of time to change my mind though.

Balsta

One of Us
Ski Pass
Sep 11, 2012
I’ll be there, mostly mid week trips camping at Island Bend. Hope to do more than the 19 days I got in this year.

Nothing really to plan at this stage besides having paid $49 of my 2022 Epic pass Australia. Although I do need to buy a new pair of skis before the season starts.

Jasper Schwarz

Young but not afraid
Ski Pass
Jun 18, 2017
Northern Beaches, Sydney,
As mentioned elsewhere, I didn't get into school for next year, so have a year off.
Im planning to be there from Opening day until closing day, in what form yet I am not sure.

If I can manage not working, then I would prefer that but I am thinking of doing Ski patrol of Ski school.
Ski patrol looks great for applications for 2023 so will be actively investigating that. Good chance my skills arent up to par though so we will see.

May be something else in the pipeline as well. Will see how the rest of this year pans out.

Have my new boots sitting here from January 2020 still waiting to be used. Will need new skis too. Im just keen to get back to the mountains

Sage O

Like the herb, cup ramen devotee
Ski Pass
Sep 8, 2017
Origami Hutte/Newy

Paid a deposit yesterday for a booking at the NRMA caravan park, 31 July to 31 August. Can cancel up to the end of June.

Yes I was thinking about Island Bend, but caravanning isn't something I've done before, let alone going off-grid. Small steps. I'll sort packing and routines on a powered site before adding in charging and using batteries.

Power off grid shouldn’t be too much of a problem in your new rig but easy access to a hot shower whenever you want will be lux!

Reactions: Marty McSly
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

robbo mcs

A Local
Ski Pass
Sep 1, 2008
Kenthurst / Jindabyne
I plan on being there for the duration, whatever that may be. I may still take the July school holidays off, but will wait and see. I did that this year, and it didn't work out too well for me ;)

I actually really enjoyed parts of the lockdown in Jindy this year, made me do other things apart from resort skiing, and gave me a better appreciation of what else is on offer apart from skiing in winter:) (Obviously there were other parts of lockdown that were not so nice). So even though I plan to be available for the whole season, I may well take breaks away from the lifts to do other stuff, depending on how things are panning out.

I am really looking forward to catching up with everyone who I missed this year. @Jasper Schwarz really stoked you are going to do the season:D

dawooduck

relaxed and comfortable
Ski Pass
Oct 26, 2002
Mountains

Jasper Schwarz

Young but not afraid
Ski Pass
Jun 18, 2017

Marty McSly

Not a monster
Ski Pass
Jul 12, 2011
Hunter Valley Whine Country, NSW
As mentioned elsewhere, I didn't get into school for next year, so have a year off.
I missed that, and I'm sorry to hear that. Still, it sounds like you've got some solid plans to make lemonade. :thumbs:

My daughter prepped solidly from last Christmas and scored well into the top 10%. She's pretty confident of getting an interview.

The downside for her is that she's the one of my kids who enjoys skiing. She probably won't get the chance to go again for another 5 years or so.

Jasper Schwarz

Young but not afraid
Ski Pass
Jun 18, 2017
I missed that, and I'm sorry to hear that. Still, it sounds like you've got some solid plans to make lemonade. :thumbs:

My daughter prepped solidly from last Christmas and scored well into the top 10%. She's pretty confident of getting an interview.

The downside for her is that she's the one of my kids who enjoys skiing. She probably won't get the chance to go again for another 5 years or so.
Given I will graduated by the end of this year, I had the choice to do post-graduate medicine via the GAMSAT, or could try and get into another undergrduate doube degree at newcastle or UNSW. Ideally, I would like to stay at Sydney with the lectureres who have been teaching me the last 3 years, and is close to home, but didn't want it to limit my options.

In the end, I decided to have a crack at both and came out with neither. That's ok. A lot of people don't get in on the first go.

Will be going very hard for the GAMSAT in March. Will see how we go. If not, will be around for 2023 as well XD

Dropbear

One of Us
Aug 4, 2010
Northern Beaches
Im planning to be there from Opening day until closing day, in what form yet I am not sure.

If I can manage not working, then I would prefer that but I am thinking of doing Ski patrol of Ski school.
Ski patrol looks great for applications for 2023 so will be actively investigating that. Good chance my skills arent up to par though so we will see.

May be something else in the pipeline as well. Will see how the rest of this year pans out.

Have my new boots sitting here from January 2020 still waiting to be used. Will need new skis too. Im just keen to get back to the mountains

Maybe do some volly patrolling at a surf beach in the summer? Fun to do, provides a good service, and looks good on the resume for your winter ideas...

Not working the winter is also a great idea! ;)

sn0wbunny29

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jan 11, 2015
Sydney
Power off grid shouldn’t be too much of a problem in your new rig but easy access to a hot shower whenever you want will be lux!

KICKASS Portable 12V Camping Shower with Lithium Battery​

We have one of these! Easy to charge, heat water on camp fire and away you go. We ditched the gas water heater for this. Takes up very little room in the camper and was bliss in the outback.

nezumi

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 28, 2009
Melbourne
All booked in for winter 2022, my first ever School holidays wish me luck:oops:

4 weeks only next year as I need to be back for the second semester for my studies, I only wish the 4 week break was in August:)

I probably need to get a wriggle on booking accommodation for myself and the young tyke for next year.

I just have to take a punt on where to go out of Hotham, Falls and Perisher. He'll be 6 years old next year and looking to snowboard again, but I just need to figure out if Hotham or Falls will do lessons at his age this year.

Reactions: Jonathan_P

Jacko4650

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 15, 2014

Suggest you ring the park and find out if they have tie-down chains? If not, take star pickets and a sledgie, but please ask the park where the services are underground before hammering in? This may encourage them to allocate you to a site that does have tie-down chains or anchor points. An A-Van split during a blow at Island Bend this season!

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

SMSkier

One of Us
Ski Pass
Oct 4, 2016
Weather ok today…..Enough to get folks out and about…..

3F526786-41BC-462C-B561-580A70A5D384.jpeg

F1115B29-2F5F-47B5-B8D3-B05B630CC6E8.jpeg

3E39EC18-3312-4633-8AC7-90A53D47BEC9.jpeg

Slalom

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Jun 17, 2013
Melbourne
Had a credit sitting there from last season for accommodation.
A booking window opened today for the lodge we usually stay at, for credit holders.
Booked in for 7 days - 21st/28th Aug.
Lets hope 2022 has something better in store.

Lachlan skellet

One of Us
Aug 13, 2021
pymble NSW
This season is gonna be season I’ll be down mostly every weekend the whole July holidays and probably a week n half in august and the September holidays gonna try convince mum to go down on opening day but she only lets me go when MT perisher opens but I got a new board boots and bindings ready for the season and to get those vertical meters up:snowboarder::snowboarder:

rocketboy

One of Us
Ski Pass
Sep 9, 2010
Gerroa

Fresh blood. Beers at 5 Pizzas at 6.

Kelpieboy1

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jan 3, 2022
Today was my 1st day of pre season training for season 2022. I am looking to drop 10kgs over the next 3 months ,pretty easy goal ,and pick up the stamina level.
So we started today with an hour in the pool ,pretty casual just constant movement then pulled out the old tredley and gave it a bit of a service and this evening finished with 2 hours in the pool. Well you gotta start somewhere ,sometime.
Tomorrow will be early pool session then drive up to Geehi and go for a bush ride for about 2 hours before an evening session in the pool.
Might be a lean ,mean skiing Kelpie machinr up at MtP this year.

SMSkier

One of Us
Ski Pass
Oct 4, 2016
Today was my 1st day of pre season training for season 2022. I am looking to drop 10kgs over the next 3 months ,pretty easy goal ,and pick up the stamina level.
So we started today with an hour in the pool ,pretty casual just constant movement then pulled out the old tredley and gave it a bit of a service and this evening finished with 2 hours in the pool. Well you gotta start somewhere ,sometime.
Tomorrow will be early pool session then drive up to Geehi and go for a bush ride for about 2 hours before an evening session in the pool.

I did a little fitness walk … carpark to V8 tops…then down and along to Leichhardt.

And yep - I’ve done that recently but had backup today……3 generations of Perisher skiers. Granddaughter (she’s only 4) invited me this morning to go to Perisher Valley. Impossible to say no :love:.

52F253A7-1010-4FD2-A366-6E77B60BA018.jpeg

637807D4-3BD4-43D4-A9E4-F3FA74C0EC2F.jpeg

39181D4E-BAE5-41EA-B850-C3E16735A09B.jpeg

E476BE6D-D316-40E7-B74F-5DF6AA08C0C1.jpeg

Such a nice day up there. And, as usual, no crowds!

coolair

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 10, 2007
NSW
Just poured an afternoon bevridge, i will try and start to drop 10 as well. Tomorrow.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass