Snow Report Perisher 2022 Plans, Trip Reports, Pics, Updates and Conditions.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Marty McSly

Not a monster
Ski Pass
Jul 12, 2011
Hunter Valley Whine Country, NSW
What's the fastest way to international from smiggins? Down to Telemark tbar then to quad and up perisher and across to international? Been a couple years and forgotten how I would do it. Cheers.
Probably line ball between that and Sun Valley T from mid station.

If the chairs are on hold, Telemark, Sturt, Lawson, skate a bit then to Sun Valley.

Lachlan skellet

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 13, 2021
pymble NSW
Telemark.
Stay high across front valley
duck the ropes cut through the park - stuff the park rats
Lawson
Sun Valley

Its fastest cause you are either being chased by mountain saftey / ski patrol / angry snowboarder park dudes ;) :p
Biggest traverse on a i board I’ve done is from telemark or Mitchell all the way to leichhardt on a board

Aractus

One of Us
Sep 5, 2018
Canberra
Woo-hoo!

XSnowstake-1659695401.jpg

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Teddles

Early Days
Jun 1, 2022
I got a ski locker, not a gear locker. Just to put the carve skis in so they're handy if the early morning playing surface is hard and fast. $74 for 7 days. IIRC gear lockers are around the same price.

They only do rates for 1-7 day hires. In past years when I've had 10 day trips, I've got away with paying for 7 days and having the use for 10, because there's no procedure for more than a 7 day hire. LOL But this year when I asked for a locker for 5 weeks, the dude said they only do up to 7 days and I'll have to come in every Friday and refresh it. Maybe Belinda is making a difference already?
Absolutely my experience this year. Skied for 11 days. Hired locker for 7 days. They handed me a key with no record of my name or which locker I was assigned. I kept the key for 10 days.

Marty McSly

Not a monster
Ski Pass
Jul 12, 2011
Telemark.
Stay high across front valley
duck the ropes cut through the park - stuff the park rats
Lawson
Sun Valley

Its fastest cause you are either being chased by mountain saftey / ski patrol / angry snowboarder park dudes ;) :p
Lining up at Mitchell this afternoon, a woman in front of me and to my right, looking in my general direction, called out "look at the size of it". Naturally my first instinct was to check that my fly hadn't come undone.

Then I looked over my shoulder, expecting to see a tiny tot either having a big stack or slaying FV. Neither. It turned out the woman was looking at the jumps in the park. "It's ridiculous", she said, "they just get bigger every year".

So I got to explain that the park had recently been supersized for an international, world class competition.

Thank you, skidotcomdotau!

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Billy Jack

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 6, 2016
Lining up at Mitchell this afternoon, a woman in front of me and to my right, looking in my general direction, called out "look at the size of it". Naturally my first instinct was to check that my fly hadn't come undone.

Then I looked over my shoulder, expecting to see a tiny tot either having a big stack or slaying FV. Neither. It turned out the woman was looking at the jumps in the park. "It's ridiculous", she said, "they just get bigger every year".

So I got to explain that the park had recently been supersized for an international, world class competition.

Thank you, skidotcomdotau!
The bigger the better. It’s really just storage and gets pushed on to the Front Valley slopes as they thin late season.

fenrir

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 23, 2010
The road in up at Perisher

Not to bad for most of the drive bit slippery on the crests, but otherwise just above 0 for the bulk of it from Wilson's up, so a bit of slushyness in it

PXL_20220805_194922805.jpg

PXL_20220805_195106523.MP.jpg
The stupid escalation has claimed a few cars today. Ill equiped vehicles, conga line gets there too early for the plough and they are off by the side of the road.
All well and good telling people to leave early but the infrastructure, from food vendors, chain bay staff and ploughs isn't there to support it.

Donza

Dogs body...
Platinum
Apr 21, 2004
woonona
And there is a the admin of certain facebook group who is to blame for pushing the line of leaving earlier and earlier.
Ole mate that is a learner snowboarder that lives on the Gold Coast...

Earlier!

Its effing ridiculous.

Reactions: Freakado

Marty McSly

Not a monster
Ski Pass
Jul 12, 2011
And there is a the admin of certain facebook group who is to blame for pushing the line of leaving earlier and earlier.
Perhaps she needs to be brought to the attention of TfNSW, NPWS and Perisher management so they can tell her to pull her bloody head in.

I mean, telling people to be there by 6 when the carpark doesn't open until 7? Makes it hard to finish ploughing the carpark, empty garbage skips etc.

NightSky

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 6, 2015
Omega Centauri
Especially the morons over the road who are still partying on. In the middle of a crowded caravan park FFS.
You needed to walk over, introduce yourself, eat their food, drink their beer, woo their woman, then go back to bed. We could then change your name to newc nuclear hot-wombat

Donza

Dogs body...
Platinum
Apr 21, 2004
woonona
Perhaps she needs to be brought to the attention of TfNSW, NPWS and Perisher management so they can tell her to pull her bloody head in.

I mean, telling people to be there by 6 when the carpark doesn't open until 7? Makes it hard to finish ploughing the carpark, empty garbage skips etc.
It creates froth.
Its fucken ridiculous

Lady Penelope

One of some lot ...
Ski Pass
Sep 7, 2014
Canberra
Ole mate that is a learner snowboarder that lives on the Gold Coast...

Earlier!

Its effing ridiculous.
I think @skinavy is referring to that OTHER Facebook site set up by an individual in Jindabyne. Informative in some areas (and definitely preferable to the one you’re thinking about), but I agree that they’re over the top with the “get there before dawn” mantra.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using