Snow Report Perisher 2022 Plans, Trip Reports, Pics, Updates and Conditions.

DidSurfNowSki

One of them
Ski Pass
Jan 19, 2014
Canberra, ACT
Might have a quick snooze.

4EC400C2-BDF9-40F6-80C4-CA155F6A31D9.jpeg

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

skinavy

One of Us
Ski Pass
Feb 7, 2001
Canberra, ACT
Perhaps she needs to be brought to the attention of TfNSW, NPWS and Perisher management so they can tell her to pull her bloody head in.

I mean, telling people to be there by 6 when the carpark doesn't open until 7? Makes it hard to finish ploughing the carpark, empty garbage skips etc.
Definitely, and with her new "Global Snow Lovers" group is spreading the need to be there before dawn shit to every other resort in Australia. Also love how can only say positive things about Perisher or Perisher Valley businesses. Anything negative or factual is instant ban hammer.

Reactions: Jonathan_P

skinavy

One of Us
Ski Pass
Feb 7, 2001
Canberra, ACT
Perhaps she needs to be brought to the attention of TfNSW, NPWS and Perisher management so they can tell her to pull her bloody head in.

I mean, telling people to be there by 6 when the carpark doesn't open until 7? Makes it hard to finish ploughing the carpark, empty garbage skips etc.
Or for Stadlemans to setup chain bays or plough the road.

Chookfooter

Cranky Curmudgeon
Ski Pass
May 11, 2020
Definitely, and with her new "Global Snow Lovers" group is spreading the need to be there before dawn shit to every other resort in Australia. Also love how can only say positive things about Perisher or Perisher Valley businesses. Anything negative or factual is instant ban hammer.
I could tell you a few other things about her too, she has serious issues. There are a lot of people who are hoping she leaves town, which is quite on the cards as she is losing friends within the local community because of her actions. Absolute cow.

• Wow
Reactions: Me+3
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

skichanger

A Local
Ski Pass
Jan 1, 2012
chaletmyoko.com
Actually she is not the owner just an out of control mod.

Reactions: Chookfooter

skichanger

A Local
Ski Pass
Jan 1, 2012
chaletmyoko.com
I could tell you a few other things about her too, she has serious issues. There are a lot of people who are hoping she leaves town, which is quite on the cards as she is losing friends within the local community because of her actions. Absolute cow.
Doesn’t she own a new build in East Jindy where she lets out rooms for exorbitant amounts of money? So unlikely to leave

Chookfooter

Cranky Curmudgeon
Ski Pass
May 11, 2020
Doesn’t she own a new build in East Jindy where she lets out rooms for exorbitant amounts of money? So unlikely to leave
Not that I'm aware of, as far as I am aware she rents a 1 bedder in town.
I strongly suggest you take your complaints to Ski Australia, she is also a moderator on the official Ski Oz XC group, They are already watching her because of things happening in the cross country community. I can't say any more to protect the innocent, but if something is not done about her soon Ski Australia is about to step in.

Reactions: Marty McSly

Ozgirl

Part of the Furniture
Jul 5, 2007
Sydney/Jindy

A post like that on PSL will have you banded I suspect. Lets see...

skichic

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
May 26, 2003
Not that I'm aware of, as far as I am aware she rents a 1 bedder in town.
I strongly suggest you take your complaints to Ski Australia, she is also a moderator on the official Ski Oz XC group, They are already watching her because of things happening in the cross country community. I can't say any more to protect the innocent, but if something is not done about her soon Ski Australia is about to step in.
Its 2 beds and she owns it. Has certainly done the rounds of the community groups since becoming a local 5 or so years ago. I’m always a little wary of people that come in as a newbie and commence to take over.

SMSkier

One of Us
Ski Pass
Oct 4, 2016
With respect to PSL and advice on leaving town before sparrows to secure parking….

I’ve written to the mod. Direct to the point, politely and one to one. Will await the reply but the short of it is….. posting advice to leave Jindy at specific times is counter productive to anyones interests (i.e. punters, carpark staff, snow clearing etc, etc).

And this, taken from the PSL site….

965E4977-38CC-4FDB-9DA0-8476CD4F564B.jpeg

Not sure what response I’ll get, if one at all however hopefully it’s pragmatic and considered. Or I might be to to go FO LOL

Retro2

One of Us
Jul 11, 2015
I was banned from that group. In fact my family are working on being banned from lots of facebook groups at the moment. Much to the displeasure of many people who like entertainment.
That's the car smash shop owner from the gc!! I asked him a weather based question ... gone from group , might pop in and see him one day !

Retro2

One of Us
Jul 11, 2015
With respect to PSL and advice on leaving town before sparrows to secure parking….

I’ve written to the mod. Direct to the point, politely and one to one. Will await the reply but the short of it is….. posting advice to leave Jindy at specific times is counter productive to anyones interests (i.e. punters, carpark staff, snow clearing etc, etc).

Not sure what response I’ll get, if one at all however hopefully it’s pragmatic and considered. Or I might be to to go FO LOL
Oh no !! You could be ejected from psr , PSW might be ok lol
The day they were deleted from my feed was a great day!

Good day at Smiggs , snowing with mild wind , lunch time ques , time to go

Kelpieboy1

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jan 3, 2022

I saw that ,I am one of the 279 likes/loves.
Yeah ,I know .... I am one of those who arrive early but I have been doing that since the 1980's so it's my way of doing things which I am not going to change.

Reactions: GlendaN and SMSkier

robbo mcs

A Local
Ski Pass
Sep 1, 2008
Kenthurst / Jindabyne
Replying to a question from @Roymond on the weather pages. Puttingnthe reply here, as not on topic there

@robbo mcs probably a silly question but …
In times of no snow down low, do they move the stuff from up high down the hill? Or do they just top up heavy with the guns. To my uneducated eye, the top seems pretty good but down near the valley is pretty sketchy.

They "farm" snow, to cover areas of poor snow depth. By that I mean they have stashes they can use, behind snow fences, in the trees and off the side of a groomed runs. As need arises the groomers pull that over the worn areas and groom it in. Sometimes that does involve bringing snow from slightly higher elevations downhill. However there's actually a lot of pushing snow uphill as well, which involves winch cats. Partly that is because over time the process of skiing and boarding actually pushes snow gradually downhill. Towards the end of the season it also means sacrificing the snow in the terrain parks and pushing that around. Grooming is actually an incredibly technical job, and the grooming team are highly skilled. They need a really good knowledge of the mountain, where snow accumulates, where it wears away, natural hazards such as rocks, understanding the current condition of the snow etc. There's so much more to grooming than just laying corduroy on the surface. The best groomers in the team are worth their weight in gold :thumbs:

Marty McSly

Not a monster
Ski Pass
Jul 12, 2011
Hunter Valley Whine Country, NSW
I saw that ,I am one of the 279 likes/loves.
Yeah ,I know .... I am one of those who arrive early but I have been doing that since the 1980's so it's my way of doing things which I am not going to change.
You know what you're doing though.

And I guess with what I've learnt over 13 years of snow trips and 11 years membership here, I could probably confidently do a sparrowfart run too. Maybe I will, one day. But TBH I'm not an early morning person. Never have been and probably never will. Always a night owl.

Balsta

One of Us
Ski Pass
Sep 11, 2012
How much does first tracks play into it? It’s now both Saturday and Sunday and you don’t have to catch the tube to Bluecow.

I use to always arrive at 7:30am, get a park in the first few rows, eat breakfast in the car and take my time getting boots and gear on. I’d then trudge over to the V8 for first lifts at 8:30am.

Now if I go up on a weekend (even if the traffic wasn’t an issue) I’d leave an hour earlier with the same routine and be ready for first lifts at 7:30am.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using