Snow Report Perisher 2022 Plans, Trip Reports, Pics, Updates and Conditions.

sixty_eight

One of Us
Feb 18, 2009
NSW
Just coming down from CBR. Is there much rain damage to the base?
Mainly concerned with the Nordic trails.
Canberra - long drive.
1655795284521.png

Cecret Skier

Addicted
Jul 3, 2018
Nah if the T bars were removed you could close the runs and build a road with overnight parking. Guests and Lodges would love it.

Not sure if this is a gee up but I can tell you don't stay in one of those lodges! Guests would obviously hate losing the ski-in-ski-out experience!

Anyhow, I'm biased being a member of one of those lodges, but whilst pretty valley chair is so slow, telemark is an important link lift to manage the flow from pretty valley/interceptor/north P (and further back from BC) as well as critical to link smigs. I actually would have thought, given how short the span is and how many beginner snowboarders struggle to get up the t-bar, that it would be one of the better bang for buck upgrades they could do.

If it was just to get the old school skiing lodge members like me into the main resort in the morning, the t-bar is absolutely fine, or even the old rope tow my father in law tells me about from the good old days. An upgrade is actually for the non-lodge members in the peak afternoon rush..!

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

fenrir

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 23, 2010

Cecret Skier

Addicted
Jul 3, 2018
Telemark and Piper are never going to be changed.

Pretty V needs to be a faster quad. Realigned.
The kiosk at PV needs to be relocated.

It was built in that position before Interceptor was ever considered.

Agree - critical part of the largest ski area / linked 4 resorts etc. Totally agree with Pretty V upgrades, but seems a bigger deal and more expensive. A decently loading chair for the punters at telemark would make a big difference to traffic flow (or at least Pretty and Tele queues in the afternoon peak).

Where would you relocate pretty base to out of interest?

Cecret Skier

Addicted
Jul 3, 2018
Please no, keep it difficult.

Already exists if you know where to look.

Don't you dare! I'd settle for a bridge down the bottom near ridge.
Please no, keep it difficult.

Already exists if you know where to look.

Don't you dare! I'd settle for a bridge down the bottom near ridge.

Could not agree more strongly in all respects!! Give the crowds a faster moving chair at telemark!

cold wombat

Twitter Contributer
Jun 4, 2008
Perth
Telemark and Piper are never going to be changed.
Yep. They're core. Telemark not just critical for the lodges, but for traffic returning to FV from BC as @Genghis Khan says. Gets stupid busy at times. And Piper is the only ski in access to Smigs. There is no chance in hell I'm going to return to FV & catch a bus if I want to get there.

Kelpieboy1

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jan 3, 2022
Prefabed snow here at the High Perch but a worryingly high 7c.
Telemark should be scrapped so should Piper. Use the space for something else, Ideally revenue generating for the following suggestions.

Upgrade the Smiggins Wills T bar and Burke T bar to a 6 seat chairlift and build a run down to North Perisher T bar over the back of Mt Piper. Replace north Perisher T bar with a North Perisher quad chairlift. Then create a link run from the top of North Perisher quad to Pleasant valley quad and to Ridge Quad (split the Smiggins traffic). That way you link Smiggins to both Perisher and Blue Cow and those crappy telemark/piper T bars and runs are closed forever.
I don't mind your ideas however ...
1. Telemark is required for lodge traffic
2. There are quite often some serious winds in that area and it can act like a funnel.

robbo mcs

A Local
Ski Pass
Sep 1, 2008
Kenthurst / Jindabyne
Just coming down from CBR. Is there much rain damage to the base?
Mainly concerned with the Nordic trails.
Not much damage in terms of loss, and it is snowing currently at cold temperatures, so should be good. The main issue will be the potential heaviness of the snow. Surface stuff will be ok, but underneath there is a layer of heavy wet stuff, and below that frozen stuff. Will compress down and become moist with traffic.

For the lifted terrain, de-icing could be a potential issue in the morning in some areas.

stridercdh

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 15, 2011
Canberra
Not much damage in terms of loss, and it is snowing currently at cold temperatures, so should be good. The main issue will be the potential heaviness of the snow. Surface stuff will be ok, but underneath there is a layer of heavy wet stuff, and below that frozen stuff. Will compress down and become moist with traffic.

For the lifted terrain, de-icing could be a potential issue in the morning in some areas.
Thanks for this

Reactions: GlendaN
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

GlendaN

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 9, 2015
Telemark will never be a chair.

PV needs to be updated to a quad to take the BC load.
You're probably right that's a better option and has other benefits that's a slow lift even on a sunny day

CIRCA1962

Addicted
May 4, 2010
ACT
Nah if the T bars were removed you could close the runs and build a road with overnight parking. Guests and Lodges would love it.
It would be a sad day if that happened. Each lodge sits on its own lease, with only limited summer parking. Keeping the roads on the telemark side open in winter would be expensive and would not guarantee all weather access. Those staying in the lodges value the ski in ski out access and the sensitive alpine environment. I am more than happy to backpack into my lodges or take snowcat if need be.

Reactions: teebee and Dropbear

Outlooker

One of Us
Ski Pass
Mar 20, 2003
Northern Beaches, Sydney
Telemark will never be a chair.

PV needs to be updated to a quad to take the BC load.
Agree that Pretty Valley could do with a quad and quicker speed which would encourage more people to ski the area and get people out of the BC traverse. Would be more cost effective to put a 6 seater at Interceptor and use the current lift at PV. Would solve a few issues doing that.

Donza

Dogs body...
Platinum
Apr 21, 2004
woonona
The owners of the kiosk are a bit cute.
I can't see them agreeing to the move.
Regardless that its a bottle neck

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a