Snow Report Perisher 2022 Plans, Trip Reports, Pics, Updates and Conditions.

Retro2

One of Us
Jul 11, 2015
Wind , fair blow at Smiggs , I see 76kmh best so far at Perisher , 98kmh at Thredbo
Light rain persists

104kmh at 430am at Perisher .

531F5457-FB54-4B84-872F-D14C8E85070C.png

Last edited:
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Retro2

One of Us
Jul 11, 2015
The playing field is not improving

Just a note it appears that 'mates rates' fit Mid July May have been discounted?
Just a report from Simone we have some too , he stated around 15 July gave him a $4 discount , no it's closer to 40%

Just be aware , not only do they get fester the closer you get , they have the ability to dump them cheaper for a cash grab

I would understand mated are not refundable unless the resort is closed

Has that ever happened !? @Normo @robbo mcs

Attachments

• IMG_2577.MOV
    7.4 MB
Reactions: Lachlan skellet

Retro2

One of Us
Jul 11, 2015
I have noticed smigs is starting to get pretty thin
Yes the rain does that , been here 8 days list 3 feet around lodge, even the snowdrifts are gone.
I have fam coming from Canberra airport tomorrow , so happy to get them in , then it can snow again

burchie

Hard Yards
Jul 12, 2018
While the weather doesn’t look great there today, it looks like nearly all of Blue Cow has been shut down. Including the link to Guthega. Is that more likely just due to conditions/wind hold or decreasing cover?

Was planning to take the family up tomorrow to ski Blue Cow and Guthega for the first time but may be challenging if Blue Cow is out of action.

lncrdj79

One of Us
Jul 20, 2009
Sydney
While the weather doesn’t look great there today, it looks like nearly all of Blue Cow has been shut down. Including the link to Guthega. Is that more likely just due to conditions/wind hold or decreasing cover?

Was planning to take the family up tomorrow to ski Blue Cow and Guthega for the first time but may be challenging if Blue Cow is out of action.
It's just wind hold.

Reactions: burchie

robbo mcs

A Local
Ski Pass
Sep 1, 2008
Kenthurst / Jindabyne
This morning on Mt P was extremely windy, coming in superstrong gusts. Sad to report the snow was soft and moisture affected with significant loss overnight.

Initially it was foggy with mixed mizzle and graupel and poor visibility. Around 11:30 turned to proper snow top to bottom on Eyre, which persisted, and visibility improved and winds eased a little. However, wet heavy snow falling on moist base, so not really sticking or building. Returning to front valley around 1:30 it definitely was not snow, more clear stuff :( I did observe they had Leichhardt and V8 going, and were starting the quad.

A pic of the snow falling. Hard to really show it on pic, and I'm not as smart as some of the others, so can't work out how to do videos:rolleyes:

3D5C8B11-209E-46B4-B6A3-664F073DEA3B.jpeg

rocketboy

One of Us
Ski Pass
Sep 9, 2010
Gerroa
Season is pretty much over
It was wasteland material this morning. Smashed by winds and tree debris. Warm winds. Felt like lockdown until you got back to front valley which was filled with massive queues at the Ts. Some guy on a Tbar I rode with said big upgrade coming. He doesn’t need charts. Just feels it the winds.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass