1. SPECIAL NOTE TO NEW REGISTRATIONS

If you recently registered and have not received a confirmation email - please check your 'Spam or Junk' folders. Especially if your email is Hotmail. More help with confirmation issues

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice
  2. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Après topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Perisher Area Accomodation Late July

Discussion in 'Perisher' started by Shrike, May 17, 2019.

1. Shrike

Shrike Hard Yards

Hey All

Had Accommodation locked in for the 26th-29th July staying in Cooma that has now been cancelled by the Provider (not overly happy about it)

Date isn't set in stone but I have arranged for my dog to be looked after while I am away and already had leave approved

I am based in Melbourne so plan was to head up Friday afternoon and then drive back on the Monday (taking a day off work to do this)

My Partner is coming with me and is a beginner skier (I board)

Looking for suggestions for good budget accommodation, happy to drive an hour in the morning if I have too (AWD wagon, Chains and lots of snow driving experience). My partner has limited funds but if I have to will just pay the extra if it works out to be good value for money and/or closer to the mountain

Seems even staying in caravan/holiday parks is stupid expensive (not sure if I can get my partner to camp either)

I have an Epic pass to use at Falls(Hotham if it gets approved) and thought a weekend away to Perisher as I have never been would be a good trip. However if it ends up be cost prohibitive I'll just cancel it :(

Will be in Hakuba again come Feb so not wanting to pay silly prices when I can just stay longer over there

No really keen to pay 1k for 3nights esp when I am only paying $100pnpp in Hakuba for a week

Thanks for any advice and help in advance :)

2. Snow Blowey

Snow Blowey Old n' Crusty Ski Pass: Gold

Got a wagon. Got a partner.

Sounds like you could have a shagin wagon - and that could well be the answer. :thumbs:

Shrike likes this.
  3. Jacko4650

Jacko4650 One of Us Ski Pass: Silver

Try the Cabins at Snowy River Caravan Park in Dalgety. Lovely little spot with a nice pub for meals across the road and about an hour from Perisher if you head up early in the morning and avoid the traffic you will inevitably meet. The drive from Dalgety to Jindy is quite pleasant, though you must be weary of fast running deer that don't even blink at fences for cattle and sheep. Platypus spotting along the banks of the Snowy River very early or late in the day is very relaxing too.
    You might also consider camping if it's only for a few nights. There is lots of helpful info within this forum. Just search?

Ted Harper likes this.
  4. chicski

chicski A Local Ski Pass: Gold

Weekend of the Southern NSW/ACT regional interschools. Will be busy and booked up. Try other places in Cooma or Dalgety?

5. Nidecker

Nidecker One of Us Ski Pass: Gold

Cheap and cheerful

Bunkhouse Motel
    28/30 Soho St, Cooma NSW 2630•(02) 6452 2983

6. Nidecker

Nidecker One of Us Ski Pass: Gold

Probably also check AirBnB for Kalkite?

7. Shrike

Shrike Hard Yards

Ahhh that's info I didn't know :s had originally chosen these dates as it was the weekend after school started back

8. Ted Harper

Ted Harper One of Us Ski Pass: Gold

Maybe give Southern Cross Caravan Park in Berridale a call (Berridale is half way between Cooma and Jindabyne, and about an hour from Perisher - get on the road by 6:45am for an optimal drive).

They have motel units and cabins. No idea about vacancies. If you call but they are full, Renee the manager might be able to put you on to someone else in Berridale. She’s a nice person and it is a country town...

9. chicski

chicski A Local Ski Pass: Gold

While it’s likely to be busy on certain lifts, accommodate wise it’s nothing like school holidays or the Sydney interschools. The largest contingent of kids live in Jindabyne and attend the 2 local schools. But expect lots travelling from ACT and the coast.

Any weekend in peak season will be busy and ridiculously expensive. Also check out The Station via the Perisher website.

#9 chicski, May 17, 2019
    Last edited: May 17, 2019
    Ted Harper likes this.