Perisher Chatter 2015 (Trip Plans, Thoughts, Reviews)

DidSurfNowSki

One of them
Ski Pass
Jan 19, 2014
Canberra, ACT
Saturday's Perisher forecast

Saturday 11 July
Summary
snow.png

Min -3
Max 3
Snow. Very windy.
Chance of any rain: 90%
rain_90.gif

Rainfall amount: 5 to 15 mm
Alpine Area area
Cloudy. Very high (90%) chance of snow, with blizzards developing. The chance of a thunderstorm in the afternoon and evening. Winds northwesterly 50 to 70 km/h decreasing to 35 to 50 km/h in the evening then tending west to northwesterly 20 to 25 km/h in the late evening.

Might be better off sleeping in.

Reactions: Mtn2Sea

skichic

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
May 26, 2003
Yeah I'll make a call in the morning. Could be fun on t bars for an hour or 2.

Amelia1810

One of Us
Nov 18, 2013
Melbourne
Is there a bus from Jindy to Perisher? Preferably not to the tube but Perisher itself? Long long story as to why we have no car and that it's stuck at the mechanic in Jindy :(

rocketboy

One of Us
Ski Pass
Sep 9, 2010
Gerroa
Is there a bus from Jindy to Perisher? Preferably not to the tube but Perisher itself? Long long story as to why we have no car and that it's stuck at the mechanic in Jindy :(

The school bus might be your best option. Go into the NP info centre and get all the info on buses there.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Amelia1810

One of Us
Nov 18, 2013
Melbourne
Would be for Thursday and/or Wednesday. In Thredbo currently, leaving on Tuesday arvo and hopefully get a hitch back to where we're staying in Jindy. Will call NP office too

cold wombat

Twitter Contributer
Jun 4, 2008
Perth
Anyone heading up from Canberra to ski tube tonight or tomorrow and have a spare seat they can offer? Need to get back up to my young bloke. Will be on crutches but otherwise mobile enough.

SnowBound

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 7, 2007
Northern Beaches, Sydney
So I'm suffering massive SDS and wanting to go down for a couple of nights (staying in Jindy). I was wondering if anyone knew the cheapest place to hire ski gear? Just need board/boots and I'll be going to Perisher...

Seafm

Too far from the snow
Ski Pass
Jun 5, 2014
Cairns, Queensland
So I'm suffering massive SDS and wanting to go down for a couple of nights (staying in Jindy). I was wondering if anyone knew the cheapest place to hire ski gear? Just need board/boots and I'll be going to Perisher...
The Base Ski Hire is not too bad. If I was living a couple of thousand k's closer I'd lend you my discount card.

Reactions: SnowBound

skichic

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
May 26, 2003
The Base Ski Hire is not too bad. If I was living a couple of thousand k's closer I'd lend you my discount card.
Don't you just have to be a member of the PSR FB group to get discounts? Or say you are.

Normo

Mostly Harmless
Ski Pass
Sep 21, 2011
Summer: Berowra Waters. Winter: Jindabyne
Blew it out of the ballpark and firmly took this season's single day high score. Well done Norm'

.....and then spent an hour and a half in the Perisher carpark waiting for the NRMA to come and start my car (I'm a bit sloppy in the "switching off the headlights" department, apparantly).
The crowds dispersed nicely today and, with most terrain now skiable, some bigger daily scores will be possible. I hope to be getting my share. :D

Donza

Dogs body...
Platinum
Apr 21, 2004
woonona
.....and then spent an hour and a half in the Perisher carpark waiting for the NRMA to come and start my car (I'm a bit sloppy in the "switching off the headlights" department, apparantly).
The crowds dispersed nicely today and, with most terrain now skiable, some bigger daily scores will be possible. I hope to be getting my share. :D
jumper leads
leave em in

Reactions: Ozgirl and Normo

DidSurfNowSki

One of them
Ski Pass
Jan 19, 2014
Canberra, ACT
A hill start down Kosciousko Rd would have been interesting without any power steering :eek:

Reactions: hipo and Normo

rocketboy

One of Us
Ski Pass
Sep 9, 2010
Gerroa

Just make sure to buy the expensive ones that actually have real copper in the leads. Otherwise they are next to useless.

Ozgirl

Part of the Furniture
Jul 5, 2007
Sydney/Jindy
.....and then spent an hour and a half in the Perisher carpark waiting for the NRMA to come and start my car (I'm a bit sloppy in the "switching off the headlights" department, apparently).

Normo! Will PM you my mobile, should have called me - i was on the hill til late and i have jumper leads in my car!

Reactions: Normo

Balsta

One of Us
Ski Pass
Sep 11, 2012
I have one of these, which works great (On my old VW Type 3 anyway). Not sure how well it works when your battery is completely flat though. It also comes with a USB port and a bunch of adapters so great for charging your phone etc.
ssc05_1.jpg

https://www.autobarn.com.au/sjs-12v-smart-start-charger-up-to-3l-diesel-6l-petrol

On topic, have fun out there today should be awesome. If this cold I have settles down I will be up there tomorrow :)

Me+3

One of Us
Jun 26, 2014
I have one of these, which works great (On my old VW Type 3 anyway). Not sure how well it works when your battery is completely flat though. It also comes with a USB port and a bunch of adapters so great for charging your phone etc.
ssc05_1.jpg

https://www.autobarn.com.au/sjs-12v-smart-start-charger-up-to-3l-diesel-6l-petrol

On topic, have fun out there today should be awesome. If this cold I have settles down I will be up there tomorrow :)

I have similar. depending on size, yes it will start a dead battery.

robbo mcs

A Local
Ski Pass
Sep 1, 2008
Kenthurst / Jindabyne
ssc05_1.jpg

I have a similar one. If buying them, check the strength. Many can crank 300-400amps, which is enough for a small car. The one I have can go up to 600amps. I have started a big 4wd turbo diesel, which was pretty impressive. You have to remember to charge them up every now and again.

A few times I have gone to help someone, and when you pull out the little battery they go "no way that will start this". when it does, they usually end up buying there own!

back on topic, snow was good today, sunny, no crowds

Reactions: Normo
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass