Perisher Flexi Pass - may not be released this year

Discussion in 'Perisher' started by Arsas, Apr 5, 2017.

1. Arsas

Arsas Active Member

I just had word from Perisher via FB messenger that the Perisher Flexi Pass may not be released this year. It may mean nothing, but I always ask around this time of year when the Flexi Pass is going to be released and if there will be any early bird specials, the usual reply is "not just yet wait a few more weeks" and then they give me a heads up when it is going on sale. This year the response was "It may not be released this year"
    The Flexi was a 3 day any Day pass for $349 (it use to be $299 plus as many extra days for $99) plus you could reload an extra 3 days for $99 each.
    I am sure a lot of people on here buy season passes but I have bought the Flexi pass since it first came out (maybe 5 years ago??). It would be shame to see it go. It is the best value for someone that only skis 3-6 days and never books in advance, and just heads down when its good.
    I am hoping Thredbo will offer their Any Day pass which will make Perisher follow suit.

Anyone else buy the Flexi Pass?

oldgeezer and coolair like this.
  2. WaitAwhile

WaitAwhile Dedicated Member
    Season Pass Silver

I was going to get one for the wife this year as she only just breaks even with the season pass .

3. Snowfi

Snowfi Active Member
    Season Pass Gold

Didn't get my Dad a season pass this year as he is only expecting to do a few days here and there. Was going to look at the flexi pass v mates rates (or whatever they are called now). Hopefully mates rates will still be there, even though last year they were not as generous as previously.

4. dawooduck

dawooduck Pool Room
    Season Pass Gold

I have bought PB flexi and Thredbo Any day before. If PB doesn't offer one then ... Dabo

piolet likes this.
  5. LMB

LMB Old And Crusty
    Season Pass Gold

They should be offering MORE passes like that, not less. What a shame.

6. kylep

kylep Dedicated Member
    Season Pass Silver

I've bought it in the past but didn't they take the 99 per extra day off last year? Signaled the end of that pass in my mind.

7. Arsas

Arsas Active Member

I bought 3 extra days last year. Last year was the first time they limited it to 3 extra days, it use to be unlimited.

8. kylep

kylep Dedicated Member
    Season Pass Silver

Were the still 99 each?

9. Arsas

Arsas Active Member

Yep

10. person s

person s Old And Crusty
    Season Pass Gold

do they really mean they don't know yet?
    not brilliant judgment and
    precisely so

11. fmdc9

fmdc9 Active Member

Maybe they want to squeeze out a few more season passes before announcing.

12. oldgeezer

oldgeezer Active Member

Very poor design on the shop front page at the very least, i.e. no info about seniors prices etc this being the first year when I thought I'd qualify, and no option to select. A tease about an early bird off of buy 5 days for the price of 4 but nothing to elaborate on that. I'm guessing that one might have to go right through the checkout process and then select those sort of modifiers but it shouldn't be like that.

13. hipo

hipo Dedicated Member
    Season Pass Gold

"Under Epic Australian Pass"
    Lock in your Epic Australia Pass for only $799 for Adults, $451 for students (up to year 12) and $533 for seniors (65 years and over) by paying ONLY $49 upfront and the balance in June 2017!

14. oldgeezer

oldgeezer Active Member

Right so I left a query and had a response. Took a bit of mucking around with the 'start date' and 'number of days' before the page displayed meaningful options, the first has to be from Monday June 12th.

The early bird buy 5 and only pay for 4 option costs $384 which is the non-early bird price for an any 4 days pass. To that extent yes you do get the 4th day 'free'. But I think this represents a bit of sleight of hand because if you buy an any 4 days pass at the early bird rate the price drops from $384 to a discounted $338, and these are any 4 days so worth more than within 7 days of first ride. Steer clear of that special I reckon.

Choosing the 5 or 6 day option presents a bit more detail wherein they are described as 5 in 7 and 6 in 7 whereas choosing 4 days makes no mention of 'in 7'. So my reading of that is it is any 4 days during the season, and thus a flexi pass. As indicated the page then display $384 as the price reduced to $338 early bird rate. My oldtimers' rate is $240 reduced to $211 at the early bird rate.

It doesn't specify when the early bird period finishes so I reckon I'll lash out on $211 pretty soon.

PS. Re-reading their email suggests that 'early bird' is a floating window, i.e. might mean buying at least 7 days before the first day of intended use.

#14 oldgeezer, Apr 6, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
  15. Swiss

Swiss Active Member

I've had a look at the online ticketing, and can't find reference to the flex-pass anywhere.

Which is annoying, as I'm not sure I want to shell out for the season pass.

Anyone got any inside information on this?

16. Arsas

Arsas Active Member

17. dawooduck

dawooduck Pool Room
    Season Pass Gold

Yah, well done to DaBo

18. Swiss

Swiss Active Member

Doesn't look like it can be extended though.

19. dawooduck

dawooduck Pool Room
    Season Pass Gold

The purpose is to fill the gap between season pass and consecutive days tickets.

20. Swiss

Swiss Active Member

Yes, but wasn't it the case that you could add extra days to the Perisher flexi after you'd used it up?

Obviously once you do that it can end up very close to the cost of a season pass, so maybe there's no real point.

21. Arsas

Arsas Active Member

I have bought a Flexipass for the last 4 or so years and it works perfect for me and the family. I never pre book to go to the snow and only go last minute when its good and the weather is good. I know I will ski at least 3-4 days but after that is up to weather, school, work, sport etc.
    So last year it was $349 for any 3 days and $99 a day for a max of 3 extra days. I skied 6 days last year and it cost me $646 which is a savings of $100 if you bought the epic pass at its cheapest. but if you buy the epic pass late when the price goes up you save $200.
    Multiply that by 5 people and its a decent savings.
    The epic pass has a lot of other savings but they are worthless if like me, you don't pre book or book early (at least 7 days in advance).

coolair and dawooduck like this.
  22. Swiss

Swiss Active Member

I reckon my use case will be nearly identical to yours, so hopefully it'll return - or maybe I should stump up for the season?? decisions...

23. Kazowie

Kazowie Just Registered

Ditto for us, but the numbers for the season pass just don't add up. Hoping the PB flexi pass will come through or it will only be a limited number of trips to the slopes this year:( Don't really want to hinge all our season on a Thredbo pass...

24. dawooduck

dawooduck Pool Room
    Season Pass Gold

DaBo got my money

25. Kazowie

Kazowie Just Registered

You didn't think PB would come through, or prefer daBo? Sale finishes midnight tonight but still not sure

26. dawooduck

dawooduck Pool Room
    Season Pass Gold

Not too fussed between Bo and Foe so first in gets my .... dough.

4 days at DaBo, a few at Charlottes and some Tate Ridge will keep me happy. Might do a PB day in spring. I like to ski with different people in different places.

#26 dawooduck, Jun 2, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2017
  27. bullet

bullet Well-Known Member

Perisher have informed me via facebook that the flex pass will not be released this year, but they will be releasing a similar anyday product later this week, but didn't give any details on it.

28. dawooduck

dawooduck Pool Room
    Season Pass Gold

The EpicAnyDay pass pass

29. Arsas

Arsas Active Member

30. Arsas

Arsas Active Member

No extra days this year :( but after checking out the prices of a 1 day lift pass $128 and $138 in school holidays, this is a bargain.

31. Kazowie

Kazowie Just Registered

It's a good deal compared to the daily rates, but we may have the option of doing four consecutive days. In that case the pass is $384 and you get the half day. Time to pick an option I guess :emoji_confused:

32. Arsas

Arsas Active Member

$384 is the current rate but if you pick say mid July its $427 if you buy it now, the discount will reduce the closer to the date, if you buy less than 7 days before its $485.
    Bloody hell! if you put in the second week in the July school holidays its $459 with the discount but full price is $521!!

33. Kazowie

Kazowie Just Registered

Good pickup, thanks. Our 4 days may be late in the season, but I didn't realise the prices varied so much.

34. dawooduck

dawooduck Pool Room
    Season Pass Gold

More pass options than a seniors bingo session

35. rocketboy

rocketboy Dedicated Member
    Season Pass Gold

Like stupid phone and power plans. Faux Choice designed to separate you of the max amount of money.

Ted Harper likes this.
  36. Marty_McSly

Marty_McSly Addicted Member
    Season Pass Gold

Fake bargains.