Perisher "Freedom" season pass 2012

robbo mcs

A Local
Ski Pass
Sep 1, 2008
Kenthurst / Jindabyne
Hi,

Just seen the offer for 2012 "freedom" season pass from perisher. Seems pretty good deal to me,

* $199 downpayment now
* Remainder $500 payable end may 2012 (total cost $699)
* Include free night skiing and first tracks
* Option of "insurance" for injury preventing use
* Guaranteed same price for 2013
* Discounts for friends lift tickets, food, etc
* Includes a day ticket for this season for anyone signing up

Seems like a very good offer to me. My early bird season pass this year cost $1250 from memory, so $550 discount over that!

The only downer is that it is not a "superpass" ie does not include hotham or falls.

Good move perisher!!!! It will be interesting to see what rate the day tickets are next year. Maybe they will be discounted compared to this year as well?

Just signed up for my freedom pass. Good on you perisher.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tonester

Lift Line Nazi
Ski Pass
Jul 6, 2001
Sydney
Yep, saw it yesterday....mountain ops guys were putting the signs advertising the Freedom Pass up on the Pleasant Valley lift towers.

Looks good

sara777

A Local
Ski Pass
Apr 23, 2008
Sydney
That is really good. Looks like a first sign from Perisher ever for their long suffering loyal customers! Good on them for this
thumbsup.gif

robbo mcs

A Local
Ski Pass
Sep 1, 2008
Kenthurst / Jindabyne
I actually think it is a smart move on their behalf as well. There are quite a few people skiing at Perisher at the moment who normally wouldn't ski there, due to the conditions. Perisher has great skiing at the moment, considering lack of snow fall. Definitely the best of the conditions in Oz atm. There are plenty of people visiting from Victoria etc, even people who normally ski thredbo.

If they like what they see at the resort, this offer might make them think hard about where they are going to ski next year

Robbo

Donza

Dogs body...
Platinum
Apr 21, 2004
woonona
awesome deal

just can't log on - silly IT
i'll have to wait till tommorrow

hopefully its till then

kiter

One of Us
Ski Pass
Sep 21, 2002
Newcastle
well they have to do something. Seems good for Perisher and punters .Will thredbo counter offer?

herbie

First Runs
Jan 30, 2010
Wow what a sweet deal, definately going to take this one up. Was wondering how I could afford a season pass next year, this seems pretty resonable!

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

osamabanana

Hard Yards
Aug 29, 2007
I guess the lack of numbers this year has hurt their bottom line a bit and they need to make a quick cash grab at the end of the year. Regardless of motive however this looks like an amazing deal. Couple this with cheap accommodation at the station with myride, a yearly parks pass or ski tube pass and this really makes the dream of extended skiing a possibility for us poor young uni students.

homeless penguin

Hard Yards
Jun 19, 2007
This pass is absolutely aimed at the "resort ambassadors" that was discussed on these forums a while ago. Where season pass holders, like myself, are always dragging new people to the snow. Proof is in the 15% off for friends/family day tickets for example.

This is a win win for all. I can't help but feel these forums may have sparked the idea?

Cheers pceo, I know you're probably lurking around here somewhere... :)

Mils

One of Us
Jun 3, 2011
Gold Coast
purchased mine with a refund protection. worst case scenario I either spend 50 extra or save 150 if I'm unable to hit it next year.

incredible deal though! Thanks for the heads up!

currawong

Old but not so Crusty
Ski Pass
Sep 17, 2003
Kiewa Valley
if they offer the same thing at falls, i'll be in.

i have been seriously thinking about just getting a locals pass instead of season pass. this would keep me in the season pass camp

P

PolePlant

Petesguitar1 said:
Hey Mt Buller, take a lesson!

Fat chance
Buller has been showing it contempt for its long term customers for a long time
The market trend Buller see for Begginers is just eating their own droppings and just a result of thier own actions or lack of for decades to retain long term skiers.
Since they get nothing for their patronage they have been thinning out for a long time and it shows now.

Arne

One of Us
Feb 7, 2011
Northern Beaches
I can't wait to see how Thredbo counters this. Buisness seemed way down this year at Thredders. And a season pass at that price would have got the average daily cost down considerably over this year. Surely they'll have to do something.

silverwitch

Hard Yards
May 25, 2008
Canberra
Good one Perisher..just got myn and the family! Like the free day skiing this year will be using that too!
I was not going to go next year but was off to Japan again..but it looks like we now can afford both! Yeah!!

Petesguitar1

Hard Yards
Aug 10, 2008
Visit site
PolePlant said:
Petesguitar1 said:
Hey Mt Buller, take a lesson!

Fat chance
Buller has been showing it contempt for its long term customers for a long time
The market trend Buller see for Begginers is just eating their own droppings and just a result of thier own actions or lack of for decades to retain long term skiers.
Since they get nothing for their patronage they have been thinning out for a long time and it shows now.

So true, we have been seasons pass holders for the past few years but with the price and the lack of real benefit we'll be looking OS unless they change attitude.

MarkGC

One of Youse
Ski Pass
Jul 28, 2010
Northern NSW
Thanks for the heads up guys. I am now a first time season pass holder. I wonder how many people who live as far away as me (northern NSW) also hold passes. One things for sure I won't be driving 15 hours for my free days skiing this year.

Well done Perisher.
smile.gif

H

Hacski

Mils said:
purchased mine with a refund protection. worst case scenario I either spend 50 extra or save 150 if I'm unable to hit it next year.

incredible deal though! Thanks for the heads up!
It was in the Canberra paper this morning. Canadian resorts have had early bird passes (i.e. buy in the spring for next season) for some time and it is good to see PB getting on board. Seeing as I have only managed four days this season (about average) all at PB, but normally like to get to both PB and Thredbo, I'm still tossing up and am glad to have a month to think about it. I'd like one more day this season and am hoping for a last gasp cold change. That would definitely make up my mind. But in the meantime I better check out that refund protection option Mils.

sista

First Runs
Jun 7, 2008
Hacski said:
I'm still tossing up and am glad to have a month to think about it. I'd like one more day this season and am hoping for a last gasp cold change.
If sales continue at the same rate as today they're likely to sell out in 10 days so you may not have the whole month to think it over.

Gallopers

First Runs
Jul 25, 2009
just got mine sweet, usually only do about 8 day trips a season but may sneak a few more in next year including the free day planned for next week. cheers

Tonester

Lift Line Nazi
Ski Pass
Jul 6, 2001
Sydney
Just got back from skiing Perisher. I was late getting up the mountain this morning because I was busy online buying next season's passes. What a freakin' great deal!

Perisher has done a few things right this season.....this deal is just icing on the cake! Very smart move. I like how the same deal is locked in for 2013 season as well!! Woohoo!

SnowTragic

Hard Yards
Feb 1, 2009
Sydney
sista said:
Hacski said:
I'm still tossing up and am glad to have a month to think about it. I'd like one more day this season and am hoping for a last gasp cold change.
If sales continue at the same rate as today they're likely to sell out in 10 days so you may not have the whole month to think it over.

Any idea how many are available and how many have already been purchased?

Schnaxxy Schnaxxlburger

but a dream within a dream
Ski Pass
Jun 23, 2001
macdonaltown
SnowTragic said:
There is a graphic of a skier on the v8, crossing form left to right at the top of the webpage.
Early yesterday when I first saw this thread, it was at the far left, and now it's about half way. That's also where it was yesterday afternoon when I booked mine.
Presumably now that all of the sno-infoers have booked, the rate of progress across the screen will be slow.
I'm on the Perisher mailing list, and Friday's e-news had no mention of this deal.

Tonester

Lift Line Nazi
Ski Pass
Jul 6, 2001
Sydney
person s said:
SnowTragic said:
There is a graphic of a skier on the v8, crossing form left to right at the top of the webpage.
Early yesterday when I first saw this thread, it was at the far left, and now it's about half way. That's also where it was yesterday afternoon when I booked mine.
Presumably now that all of the sno-infoers have booked, the rate of progress across the screen will be slow.
I'm on the Perisher mailing list, and Friday's e-news had no mention of this deal.

I also saw on some Freedom Pass print media yesterday (down at Bullocks I think) advertising a closing date of 3rd October for the deal.

3decks

One of Us
Feb 1, 2002
I decided to opt out of a season pass this year but this got me back in the game.

Born2ski

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
Aug 29, 2006
Brisbane
Great to see an Aussie resort offering cheap early bird passes like they do in the US. Lets hope some other Aussie resorts follow, good on you Perisher
thumbsup.gif

GlenH

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 13, 2007
As a seasoned Perisher skier the best season pass I got this year was at Mt Ruapehu North Island NZ for about $A330 (early bird price and available to Australians only).

Shame I was only there 5 days but still excellent value!!

My mate paid by the day but was still happy with his $1 day pass that he used on the first day.

Maybe that's where some of the NSW skiers went this year??

Mils

One of Us
Jun 3, 2011
Gold Coast
Its a good shake up that's for sure!

And my account now has a free pass some time this year for Perisher, so that's pretty cool!

damian

A Local
Jul 29, 2009
Hakuba, Japan.
Visit site
Tonester said:
I'm very keen to see how other resorts, especially Thredbo, react to this.

Perisher are really turning the financial thumb screw on Thredbo here.

Unless it is matched by Thredbo, assuming they can do it financially, surely this will steal a lot of Thredbo business? If they do not match it, how much next season revenue is lost, and how much future goodwill and beginner build-up business will never even be generated at Thredbo? Ouch. Strategically it is probably a very good time to land this competitive blow.

Assuming Perisher can survive the short term loss in cashflow, I think what they have done makes perfect long term strategic sense when it comes to fostering and building your return customer base.

I guess it all comes down to how many of these Freedom passes they sell before the offer finishes. 6 days of skiing and it has paid for itself v.s. day passes? It is a no brainer buy. If word gets out they should sell truck loads.

It is also not really any cheaper to ski for 10 days+ in Japan any more which has been a point argued against Oz resorts for sometime now. Another well timed strategic punch, even if unintentional (and I doubt it will have any significant impact)

Gallopers

First Runs
Jul 25, 2009
love to know the capped number of passes they will offer at this price, i may be wrong but im tipping they will just run this offer for months. sure they have to look like its a limited offer or people will wait but in reality they wouldn't be worried about selling to many. someone smart has done the figures this year and thought of this idea to maybe match this years figures before a drop of snow has fallen. smart marketing if it all goes to plan.

thanks for the earlier reply sista, cheers

Mils

One of Us
Jun 3, 2011
Gold Coast
I think this year they have metrics in place for how often the same people come.

They have worked out 8 seems to be a popular number

so they have offered a season pass knowing that number would be popular for those people which must be a large quantity of people.

Donza

Dogs body...
Platinum
Apr 21, 2004
woonona
Gallopers said:
love to know the capped number of passes they will offer at this price, i may be wrong but im tipping they will just run this offer for months. sure they have to look like its a limited offer or people will wait but in reality they wouldn't be worried about selling to many. someone smart has done the figures this year and thought of this idea to maybe match this years figures before a drop of snow has fallen. smart marketing if it all goes to plan.

thanks for the earlier reply sista, cheers
From 5 September 2011 until 3 October 2011 or earlier if the Freedom Pass sale limit is reached.

Freedom Passes will be available through Perisher’s MyRide Online Store at http://shop.perisher.com.au/ with phone (1300 655 811) and email support (shop@perisher.com.au) available from 9am to 9pm daily.

The Freedom Pass will also be available from:

Perisher Ticket Office: 8am to 5pm from 5 September until 3 October 2011.
Jindabyne Ticket Office: 9am to 5pm from 5 to 18 September; then 12noon to 5pm from 19 September until 3 October 2011.

skiflat

Old n' Crusty
Aug 10, 1999
purchased mine today. Using my free pass today! Epic indeed!

skiflat

Old n' Crusty
Aug 10, 1999
breakeven after 5 days! Taking into account the free day this season and about $115 for a ticket next year. Who says I dont support the Australian resorts. . .

Donza

Dogs body...
Platinum
Apr 21, 2004
woonona
hahaha..maybe better weather next year.

perisher is your mountain now

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass