Perisher "Freedom" season pass 2012

damian

A Local
Jul 29, 2009
5,301
187
413
49
Hakuba, Japan.
Visit site
Donza said:
skidown said:
purchased mine today. Using my free pass today! Epic indeed!
wow
moving too NSW?

Vic? Hell, I was contemplating buying my wife one for our visit from Japan next year. I'd bet that would have put her in the very small group of foreigners who own a season pass at an Oz resort. It's worth it.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

LMB

Old but definitely not Crusty!
Moderator
Ski Pass
May 6, 2010
36,468
42,174
1,063
Perth
MarkGC said:
Thanks for the heads up guys. I am now a first time season pass holder. I wonder how many people who live as far away as me (northern NSW) also hold passes. One things for sure I won't be driving 15 hours for my free days skiing this year.

Well done Perisher.
smile.gif
Never held one for Perisher but we did have a family of 6 with an Early Bird Platinum Pass for Thredbo last year. Not worth it for us this year, we were only coming for 3.5 days.
We are from Perth.
wink.gif


This sounds like an awesome initiative.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
skidown said:
breakeven after 5 days! Taking into account the free day this season and about $115 for a ticket next year. Who says I dont support the Australian resorts. . .

I'm actually considering it myself just for use at jnrs comps next year as have 5-6 days up there and the skitube bonus is just about a deal sealer
wink.gif
 
Last edited by a moderator:

white_beanie

Part of the Furniture
Aug 17, 2003
18,785
331
713
Sydney
I am still thinking about it....................................

Sounds like a good deal for you LTB, you already know you'll be there

For me, I'm unsure I'll use it. Last few years I've only done 1-2 weekends
 

Ralph_implement

A Local
Oct 2, 2009
8,470
5,195
563
It's a great deal. Thredbo should be copping it on FB like PB did last year for not offereing decent end of season specials, but they aren't....maybe it's being modded???
 

voodooski

First Runs
Jul 26, 2011
107
0
0
48
melbourne or hotham, vic.
Visit site
i just hope this kind of deal pushes other resorts around the country to evaluate what theyre doing and how theyre going to increase business. god knows the perisher deal is bloody awesome, and if i wasnt living here on hotham for the seasons, i would be all over that deal.
 

Mr. Mook

One of Us
May 21, 2001
2,905
804
363
58
Macquarie Fields, NSW
Be willing to bet this was all part of the rfid upgrade from the word go - and why it hadn't been offered before
Its so much easier to do & mangae it usign a computerised pass system.

Interestingly the first direct contac i got from perisher about the offer was an sms about an hour ago.

If only I had the money right now i would get one.
frown.gif
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Gallopers

First Runs
Jul 25, 2009
140
0
0
you only pay a couple of hundred now the rest later
tantrum.gif
 
Last edited by a moderator:

robbo mcs

A Local
Ski Pass
Sep 1, 2008
5,291
23,976
563
Kenthurst / Jindabyne
person s said:
I'm on the Perisher mailing list, and Friday's e-news had no mention of this deal.

Hi,

I must admit the marketing is clever. They are not targeting their mailing lists, travel agents etc.

They are deliberately targeting people who are currently "engaged" with the resort. If you at the resort ATM you can't miss it. Go on their website or facebook, can't miss it. Go on the ski forums (either here or the other one) and it is there etc etc. Good on them for doing that, trying to sell it to enthusiasts!!

That is clever, IMHO. Getting people who are currently thinking about skiing, bitten with the bug etc. Makes it a much easier sell than trying to sell early bird passes in April next year.

The other clever thing is they are selling this without ever announcing next years day rate. People are looking at a multiple of 7x the day rate to make it worthwhile. Who knows what that will be next year. Might be 6x or could be 10x ??
 
Last edited by a moderator:
H

Hacski

Guest
I received a text from them this afternoon about the deal. Depending on how the weather goes this week maybe come the weekend ....
 
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

snowninja

Hard Yards
Aug 25, 2010
46
37
68
Checked the terms and conditions.... interesting!

e) To gain access to Perisher lifts, Hotham and Falls Creek Super Pass holders must present their Super Pass at a Perisher Ticket Office to be issued with a one day lift ticket on each day they wish to use the lifts.
f) To gain access to Hotham or Falls Creek lifts, Perisher Super Pass holders must present their Super Pass at a Hotham or Falls Creek Ticket Office to be issued with a one day lift ticket on each day they wish to use the lifts

Looks like its all Perisher affiliated resorts

http://shop.perisher.com.au/estore/Content/TermsOfUse.aspx
Terms of use link
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Schnaxxy Schnaxxlburger

but a dream within a dream
Ski Pass
Jun 23, 2001
45,717
32,864
1,563
macdonaldtown
robbo mcs said:
The other clever thing is they are selling this without ever announcing next years day rate. People are looking at a multiple of 7x the day rate to make it worthwhile. Who knows what that will be next year. Might be 6x or could be 10x ??
It's going to be at least $100/day.
You're right about the marketing strategy - wonder why it has taken so long.
Actually, nothing surprises me about the base motives of Australian business ie extract the maximum, give the minimum in return.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Ralph_implement

A Local
Oct 2, 2009
8,470
5,195
563
snowninja said:
Checked the terms and conditions.... interesting!

e) To gain access to Perisher lifts, Hotham and Falls Creek Super Pass holders must present their Super Pass at a Perisher Ticket Office to be issued with a one day lift ticket on each day they wish to use the lifts.
f) To gain access to Hotham or Falls Creek lifts, Perisher Super Pass holders must present their Super Pass at a Hotham or Falls Creek Ticket Office to be issued with a one day lift ticket on each day they wish to use the lifts

Looks like its all Perisher affiliated resorts

link? can't find that clause!
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Camelot

One of Us
Sep 7, 2010
2,149
697
363
52
Mt Hotham
snowninja said:
Checked the terms and conditions.... interesting!

e) To gain access to Perisher lifts, Hotham and Falls Creek Super Pass holders must present their Super Pass at a Perisher Ticket Office to be issued with a one day lift ticket on each day they wish to use the lifts.
f) To gain access to Hotham or Falls Creek lifts, Perisher Super Pass holders must present their Super Pass at a Hotham or Falls Creek Ticket Office to be issued with a one day lift ticket on each day they wish to use the lifts

Looks like its all Perisher affiliated resorts

http://shop.perisher.com.au/estore/Content/TermsOfUse.aspx
Terms of use link

that clause is under the super pass T&C, the Freedom pass T&C are underneath.....correct me if i'm wrong
 
Last edited by a moderator:
H

Hacski

Guest
sista said:
Hacski said:
I'm still tossing up and am glad to have a month to think about it. I'd like one more day this season and am hoping for a last gasp cold change.
If sales continue at the same rate as today they're likely to sell out in 10 days so you may not have the whole month to think it over.
Well I didn't think about it too long. Bought mine tonight. Doing so means I have an incentive to ski more days now.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Ulmerhutte

One of Us
Oct 7, 2005
3,545
22
188
Melbourne
www.stantonamarlberg.com
Interesting clause:

j) By purchasing the Freedom Pass you agree to immediately pay Perisher Blue Pty Limited a $500 penalty if someone other than you uses your Freedom Pass whether you are aware of the misuse or not. You acknowledge and accept that you are liable for any misuse that occurs while your Freedom Pass is not in your possession unless you have already reported your Freedom Pass lost/stolen prior to the misuse occurring. You acknowledge and accept that you may lose your Freedom Pass privileges and your actions may invoke Police action if another person is found to be using your Freedom Pass.

I wonder if that is enforceable. The penalty, ie $500, is far in excess of the damage suffered.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

doctorsnow

First Runs
Jun 30, 2007
7
0
0
Their site is now broken. Any attempt to purchase a ticket invariably leads to it looping back to the login page. Wonder how much money going cheap on IT is costing them tonight
smile.gif
 
Last edited by a moderator:

damian

A Local
Jul 29, 2009
5,301
187
413
49
Hakuba, Japan.
Visit site
In some US states you get arrested and charged with a petty larceny crime (the person using the pass, not the owner). I always thought it made more sense to penalise the person who lent the pass, not the borrower. But $500 is pretty steep.
 
H

Hacski

Guest
doctorsnow said:
Their site is now broken. Any attempt to purchase a ticket invariably leads to it looping back to the login page. Wonder how much money going cheap on IT is costing them tonight
smile.gif
It sort of did that as I was buying mine. By 'sort of' I refer to it seeming to be timing out when I got part way through only to go off and check out if I should get the skitube option, and making me log back in, saying the cart was empty etc. By moving through the process quickly it seemed to come out OK though.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

featherplucker

Hard Yards
Jul 8, 2009
209
6
88
33
Sydney/Melbourne
www.flickr.com
Just bought 2, one for myself and one for the gf....pretty happy with the deal, especially considering you only have to pay 199 per pass up front. Helps things not having to fork out 700 a pop right away!

EDIT: By the way, did any one else notice the perisher site used for the transaction wasn't secure?
 

Schnaxxy Schnaxxlburger

but a dream within a dream
Ski Pass
Jun 23, 2001
45,717
32,864
1,563
macdonaldtown
featherplucker said:
Just bought 2, one for myself and one for the gf....pretty happy with the deal, especially considering you only have to pay 199 per pass up front. Helps things not having to fork out 700 a pop right away!
EDIT: By the way, did any one else notice the perisher site used for the transaction wasn't secure?
It's ok - they already knew all about me.
biggrin.gif
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Mils

One of Us
Jun 3, 2011
1,197
76
198
45
Gold Coast
its more that someone can sniff your transaction details without any encryption so when you send your CC details to the perisher site they are atm in plain text and not encrytped by a SS certificate.
 

silverwitch

Hard Yards
May 25, 2008
326
32
98
Canberra
Mils said:
its more that someone can sniff your transaction details without any encryption so when you send your CC details to the perisher site they are atm in plain text and not encrytped by a SS certificate.

Excuse my ignorance but can this ^ be a big problem?
 
Last edited by a moderator:

D-eye

Photographer and skier
Moderator
Ski Pass
Jan 21, 2001
36,161
6,631
1,025
Canberra
deyephotography.com
featherplucker said:
EDIT: By the way, did any one else notice the perisher site used for the transaction wasn't secure?

I joined the growing bandwagon to buy one
smile.gif


btw, I'm fairly sure the shop site is secure. At least it was https://shop.perisher.com.au while I was in there.

hmm just a thought, if they sell out and there are the rumoured 10 k of them, that's a definite $6.9 million income to start the season with next year.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Donza

Dogs body...
Platinum
Apr 21, 2004
132,168
92,708
3,563
woonona
D-eye said:
featherplucker said:
EDIT: By the way, did any one else notice the perisher site used for the transaction wasn't secure?

I joined the growing bandwagon to buy one
smile.gif


btw, I'm fairly sure the shop site is secure. At least it was https://shop.perisher.com.au while I was in there.

hmm just a thought, if they sell out and there are the rumoured 10 k of them, that's a definite $6.9 million income to start the season with next year.
whats that..about 64 thousand day tickets?
 
Last edited by a moderator:

SNJ

One of Us
May 8, 2002
5,457
52
398
Southern Sydney
I would happily get one if i knew I would get the value out of it next year. Not sure what time, if any i'll get on snow so i'll pass but great idea from Perisher. Looks like thredbo has put up the counter offer this morning

MyThredbo 2012 platinum pass offer - ride the rest of this season, ride all next season and have access to Thredbo Leisure Centre and summer activities until Oct 2012 for $749 for adults & $449 for kids. Winter only pass $699 for adults and $399 for kids, gives you the rest of 2011 season and winter 2012. Available online Wednesday....
 

Mils

One of Us
Jun 3, 2011
1,197
76
198
45
Gold Coast
silverwitch said:
Mils said:
its more that someone can sniff your transaction details without any encryption so when you send your CC details to the perisher site they are atm in plain text and not encrytped by a SS certificate.

Excuse my ignorance but can this ^ be a big problem?

Its not often that people sniff this data, its just rare to not be secure as business tend to run with SSL certificates.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Schnaxxy Schnaxxlburger

but a dream within a dream
Ski Pass
Jun 23, 2001
45,717
32,864
1,563
macdonaldtown
On my facebook today, from Thredbo:
MyThredbo 2012 platinum pass offer - ride the rest of this season, ride all next season and have access to Thredbo Leisure Centre and summer activities until Oct 2012 for $749 for adults & $449 for kids. Winter only pass $699 for adults and $399 for kids, gives you the rest of 2011 season and winter 2012. Available online Wednesday....
Didn't take long.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

white_beanie

Part of the Furniture
Aug 17, 2003
18,785
331
713
Sydney
I just looked at my snow days

The last time I did 6 days at the snow was in 2008. Based on that, I can't see myself getting value out of this pass.............................
 

jdm

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 27, 1999
3,891
31
198
52
Canberra
D-eye said:
featherplucker said:
EDIT: By the way, did any one else notice the perisher site used for the transaction wasn't secure?

I joined the growing bandwagon to buy one
smile.gif


btw, I'm fairly sure the shop site is secure. At least it was https://shop.perisher.com.au while I was in there.

hmm just a thought, if they sell out and there are the rumoured 10 k of them, that's a definite $6.9 million income to start the season with next year.

You are right - they cannot recognise the revenue until next year as it is a forward commitment.....
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Schnaxxy Schnaxxlburger

but a dream within a dream
Ski Pass
Jun 23, 2001
45,717
32,864
1,563
macdonaldtown
white_beanie said:
I just looked at my snow days
The last time I did 6 days at the snow was in 2008. Based on that, I can't see myself getting value out of this pass.............................
It might be you they had in mind, just to get you down there more often.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

white_beanie

Part of the Furniture
Aug 17, 2003
18,785
331
713
Sydney
person s said:
white_beanie said:
I just looked at my snow days
The last time I did 6 days at the snow was in 2008. Based on that, I can't see myself getting value out of this pass.............................
It might be you they had in mind, just to get you down there more often.
Well they have certainly had me having a red hot think about it...

But I think it's a no for me. All of my mates are sick of the Aussie conditions and have definitely been less keen to go as the years go by.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Tonester

Lift Line Nazi
Ski Pass
Jul 6, 2001
5,802
3,904
563
60
Sydney
The Village 8 is making its way up to the top of the lift pretty quickly. It's nearly 3/4 of the way there.Time's running out folks!
 

skiflat

Old n' Crusty
Aug 10, 1999
37,434
1,506
1,063
I'll probably buy the Thredbo season pass when it's released...

Waiting for the finer details though! I am sure they are still trying to work out what other incentives they may want to offer.

Again 10/10 for Perisher for being the "first to market" of a very very decent value season pass with some great benefits

Will it affect NZ - Probably
Will it affect other destinations - Hard to say as it's a different time of year.... 9 months is a long time between skiing/boarding.
 

skiflat

Old n' Crusty
Aug 10, 1999
37,434
1,506
1,063
$60 for unlimited ski tube access is a BARGAIN!

When I am home tonight I am going to post a cost breakdown of this versus the likely (but I may be surprised) season pass for Buller...

Mt Buller's 2011 Early Bird season pass was Adults $1168.....

No discounts on Food
No discounts on gate entry
No other discounted lift tickets.

VERY interested to see IF Buller respond.

I expect Falls/Hotham to come up with something, but Buller is a different animal...
 

jdm

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 27, 1999
3,891
31
198
52
Canberra
Hey did you guys get an email from them after ordering? I didn't (did it sunday morning)...
 

Snorkler

Part of the Furniture
Jan 1, 1970
18,212
548
813
Melbourne, Vic
skidown said:
I'll probably buy the Thredbo season pass when it's released...

Waiting for the finer details though! I am sure they are still trying to work out what other incentives they may want to offer.

Again 10/10 for Perisher for being the "first to market" of a very very decent value season pass with some great benefits

Will it affect NZ - Probably
Will it affect other destinations - Hard to say as it's a different time of year.... 9 months is a long time between skiing/boarding.

You don't have to just sleep around with Aussie resorts
laugh.gif
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Tonester

Lift Line Nazi
Ski Pass
Jul 6, 2001
5,802
3,904
563
60
Sydney
jdm said:
Hey did you guys get an email from them after ordering? I didn't (did it sunday morning)...

I don't think I did. I did mine first thing Sunday morning too.

What was the email about??

Oh wait! Was it the confirmation email?? I got two of them! Identical.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Donza

Dogs body...
Platinum
Apr 21, 2004
132,168
92,708
3,563
woonona
person s said:
The ad was on page 3 of the SMH this morning - it won't take long.
hahahahahaha the ad just came on WIN TV here too
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Log in

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass