Perisher "Freedom" season pass 2012

Jamesc

Addicted
Oct 12, 2011
Sydney
whens that, i got 8 nights at the station booked was $79 each night eacept the fri and sat nights were $89 becuase it was a weekend. Thats for the beginning of AUG, pretty good for a 6 person room

JAYBONE09

Hard Yards
May 16, 2009
Canberra
hey guys, thought I would share the email we got from Perisher Reservations. We enquired about rates at The Station for Freedom Pass holders...

"Hi Jay
Thank you for your enquiry regarding accommodation at The Station.

The rate for Freedom pass holders varies throughout the season.
For June the rate is currently $79 a night including weekends.
During July/ August and early September the rate is $89 a night midweek and $129 a night weekends. This is excluding the NSW school holidays. The rate during these 2 weeks would be $149 a night midweek and $199 a night for weekends.
From the 16th September the rate goes back down to $79 a night to the end of the season.

Please note, this is only a guide of what rates we are currently offering and they may increase.
If you would like to make a booking or have any questions, please call us on 1300 369 909."

cold wombat

Twitter Contributer
Jun 4, 2008
Perth
person s said:
I did a weekend last August at the Station for $40/night - that's over now?

Given the volume of Freedom passes sold I really don't think we'll be seeing prices like that this season.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jamesc

Addicted
Oct 12, 2011
Sydney
person s said:
I did a weekend last August at the Station for $40/night - that's over now?
was the $40 a night for the 6 person room, or per person?
The $79 i paid is for a 6 person room.

H

Hacski

One thing I didn't think to to check up on, not that it would have changed my decision to get the Freedom pass, is does it work like an normal season pas vis a vis reciproval rights at Falls Creek and Hotham?

SnowTragic

Hard Yards
Feb 1, 2009
Sydney
From http://shop.perisher.com.au/estore/Content/TermsOfUse.aspx

Additional Terms and Conditions for Freedom Pass:

11. A Freedom Pass is subject to the terms and conditions below and are to be read in conjunction will all other notices and signs.

a) By using your Freedom Pass you will acknowledge that you agree with and will abide by the Freedom Pass terms and conditions.

b) Your Freedom Pass is for your personal use only and is non-transferable to any other person

c) Your Freedom Pass is non-refundable (save for where you have bought Refund Protection and only in accordance with the Refund Protection terms and conditions).

d) Your Freedom Pass is valid only during the season for which it is bought and not in any other season.

e) You may buy the Freedom Pass which is relevant for your age as at 9 June 2012, and suitable age identification (e.g. birth certificate, driver’s licence etc) is required for children, students and seniors.

f) A valid Photo ID showing your birth date is required to be presented to collect your Freedom Pass.

g) Freedom Passes must be paid for in full on or before 1 May 2012 before any lift access for 2012 will be activated.

h) Where Freedom Passes are bought at a Perisher ticket office, Freedom Pass Holders will be required to sign a waiver and release of liability. Where Freedom Passes are bought on-line, Freedom Pass Holders will be required to acknowledge and accept a waiver and release of liability.

i) By choosing to buy the Freedom Pass in accordance with Perisher’s payment plan conditions, you acknowledge that you are liable for the entire amount payable and that Perisher may lawfully recover any unpaid amounts from you. You acknowledge and agree that Perisher can pursue all avenues of collection, including the use of collection agencies, to recover all charges and other unpaid amounts due, including reasonable legal fees, resulting from failure to pay all amounts when due under this agreement.

j) By purchasing the Freedom Pass you agree to immediately pay Perisher Blue Pty Limited a $500 penalty if someone other than you uses your Freedom Pass whether you are aware of the misuse or not. You acknowledge and accept that you are liable for any misuse that occurs while your Freedom Pass is not in your possession unless you have already reported your Freedom Pass lost/stolen prior to the misuse occurring. You acknowledge and accept that you may lose your Freedom Pass privileges and your actions may invoke Police action if another person is found to be using your Freedom Pass.

k) You are responsible for immediately reporting to Perisher if your Freedom Pass is lost, stolen or damaged by reporting the circumstances to any Perisher ticket outlet or calling Perisher Guest Services on 1300 655 822 during business hours or calling Perisher Valley Hotel on (02) 64594755 after business hours. In these circumstances or if you forget to bring your Freedom Pass you can visit a Perisher Ticket Office where, upon presentation of valid ID and the payment of a $35 administration fee, our staff can reissue your Freedom Pass.

l) Perisher reserves the right to change the terms and conditions applying to the Freedom Pass. Notification of changes to terms and conditions will be made to all Freedom Pass Holders via the Perisher website http://www.perisher.com.au, where the current version of the terms and conditions may be viewed at any time.

m) Any exceptions to the Freedom Pass terms and conditions are at the discretion of Perisher Blue Pty Limited.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

featherplucker

Hard Yards
Jul 8, 2009
Sydney/Melbourne
www.flickr.com
On a sort of related note; I think we would all agree the Station resort accommodation is basic at best. Check out the top 4 or 5 reviews on tripadvisor: http://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Hotel_Revi...outh_Wales.html

Interesting how they were all posted on the 20th and 22nd of Jan and give stellar reviews......interesting. Have a look after those ones too, shocking! lol.

Maybe a bit of shoddy marketing at play?

randomlyred

First Runs
Dec 31, 2011
... and every single 5* and 4* review was written by people who have only written one review?

Declaration of bias: We do stay at the station, but it's not because it's awesome. It's cheap and we know to wear ear plugs and not eat there.

BobGnarly

One of Us
Feb 23, 2012
Nagano
From my understanding it will be automatically charged to the same credit card that was used for the deposit.

SnowTragic

Hard Yards
Feb 1, 2009
Sydney
Correct. Which reminds me I need to update my credit card details!
Accommodations at the station is basically converted school camp style! And yep, make the drive into town for dinner and don't bother with breakfast!

H

Hacski

SnowTragic said:
Correct. Which reminds me I need to update my credit card details!
Nice reminder, my cc expiry date was renewed last December, so a quick call fixed that this afternoon for when they will charge it on 1st May.

H

Hacski

I've lost count of the number of direct debits since Xmas to the cc with the expired date which have bounced and I've been slugged for the reject fee. ST's reminder has saved me that one.

loweee

One of Us
Apr 21, 2002
Jindabyne
featherplucker said:
On a sort of related note; I think we would all agree the Station resort accommodation is basic at best. Check out the top 4 or 5 reviews on tripadvisor: http://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Hotel_Revi...outh_Wales.html

Interesting how they were all posted on the 20th and 22nd of Jan and give stellar reviews......interesting. Have a look after those ones too, shocking! lol.

Maybe a bit of shoddy marketing at play?

Yeah I dont think those reviews do anyone any good. I think once the season heats up and Jindabyne gets more hits Trip advisor may review them.

BobGnarly

One of Us
Feb 23, 2012
Nagano
I sent an email to perisher saying my card was due to expire before the freedom pass payment was due and this is the reply I got.

You can advise us the new details by emailing the last four digits of your credit card and the new expiry date to tickets@perisher.com.au. Please don't advise the full credit card number by email. If you wish to advise alternative card details then please call us on 1300 655 811 during business hours.

More info is at this link, FYI.

http://www.perisher.com.au/freedom-pass

Hope you enjoy your Freedom pass in 2012 - let's hope for lots of snow!

robbo mcs

A Local
Ski Pass
Sep 1, 2008
Kenthurst / Jindabyne
Donza said:
Thats a bit silly...I wonder how many CC's would have gone out of date...

I did get an email from perisher around 6 weeks ago reminding me about the due date for payment, advising me to check the credit card details, expiry date etc

Robbo

H

Hacski

Mine was renewed for two years, i.e. 24 months. Taking that as typical and allowing 8 months between September to April, i.e. between when the passes went on sale till the balance is deducted, maybe one in three cards would have expired in the interim. If 9000 passes were purchased and assuming an even distribution of expiry dates across that time maybe about 3000 could have gone out of date.

featherplucker

Hard Yards
Jul 8, 2009
Sydney/Melbourne
www.flickr.com
so here's a question. Im probably going to go ahead and book a bunch of weekends at the station with the freedom pass discount, but on the days (midweek or weekend) that I decide to go on a whim what are my chances of getting a booking at the station a few days or a week before? If slim to none, whats my best el cheapo option on a whim?

BobGnarly

One of Us
Feb 23, 2012
Nagano
I have been in that situation for the last 3 years and this year I am going to camp. Most places require a minimum 2 nights accom which sucks pretty badly.

hipo

One off
Ski Pass
Jun 23, 2011
here and there
Must be a bunch of peeps on here in that situation that get down for a couple of days on a whim.
Where are you planning on camping Bg?
Anyone stayed at any of the places around Bullocks Flat?

HappyGirl

One of Us
Mar 12, 2009
BobGnarly said:
I have been in that situation for the last 3 years and this year I am going to camp. Most places require a minimum 2 nights accom which sucks pretty badly.

I'll let you in on a big secret. The reason that accommodation owners need guests to stay at least 2 nights per stay is because both the cleaning and laundering companies down in the Snowys have it all sewn-up. One clean and launder per stay/changeover costs a minimum of $200 per clean!...and that's for a 1 or 2 bedroom place. The 4+ bedrooms properties get charged double that or more.

The owners of your accommodation are not a charity! They have council rates, strata levies, gas, electricity and water bills to pay too after you've had your fun time, whilst leaving all heaters on 24/7.

It's the old... "User Pays" method.

BobGnarly

One of Us
Feb 23, 2012
Nagano
HappyGirl said:
BobGnarly said:

I'll let you in on a big secret. The reason that accommodation owners need guests to stay at least 2 nights per stay is because both the cleaning and laundering companies down in the Snowys have it all sewn-up. One clean and launder per stay/changeover costs a minimum of $200 per clean!...and that's for a 1 or 2 bedroom place. The 4+ bedrooms properties get charged double that or more.

The owners of your accommodation are not a charity! They have council rates, strata levies, gas, electricity and water bills to pay too after you've had your fun time, whilst leaving all heaters on 24/7.

I run a small business so I know what it costs to stay afloat but thanks for the insight anyway. I sure dont need a $200 clean up per stay and I can tell you that before I enter most rooms there has been no $200 clean up.
I am camping this year, I will clean up after myself and save a lot of money doing so.

HappyGirl

One of Us
Mar 12, 2009
Telemark Phat said:
Boo Hoo. Innovate to service the market or watch them go elsewhere.

They obviously are. If they haven't got the money...then they haven't got the money!

BobGnarly

One of Us
Feb 23, 2012
Nagano
hipo said:
Must be a bunch of peeps on here in that situation that get down for a couple of days on a whim.
Where are you planning on camping Bg?
Anyone stayed at any of the places around Bullocks Flat?
I will probably spend most of my time at Island Bend.

HappyGirl

One of Us
Mar 12, 2009
BobGnarly said:
HappyGirl said:
BobGnarly said:

I run a small business so I know what it costs to stay afloat but thanks for the insight anyway. I sure dont need a $200 clean up per stay and I can tell you that before I enter most rooms there has been no $200 clean up.
I am camping this year, I will clean up after myself and save a lot of money doing so.

Too true! The cleaning services in the Snowys is appalling!

BobGnarly

One of Us
Feb 23, 2012
Nagano
Yep. I stayed at the station once only. There were 6 beds, most had random hairs in them. I fear to think what a black light would show LOL.

HappyGirl

One of Us
Mar 12, 2009
Telemark Phat said:
HappyGirl said:
Too true! The cleaning services in the Snowys is appalling!

Like the accommodation.

It's always your choice, same as the mountains you choose to ski on.

HappyGirl

One of Us
Mar 12, 2009
Telemark Phat said:
HappyGirl said:
Telemark Phat said:
Boo Hoo. Innovate to service the market or watch them go elsewhere.

They obviously are. If they haven't got the money...then they haven't got the money!

If they don't perceive value they will go elsewhere whether they have the funds or not.

It's your choice. You don't have to.

featherplucker

Hard Yards
Jul 8, 2009
Sydney/Melbourne
www.flickr.com
JAYBONE09 said:
The rate for Freedom pass holders varies throughout the season.
For June the rate is currently $79 a night including weekends.
During July/ August and early September the rate is $89 a night midweek and $129 a night weekends. This is excluding the NSW school holidays. The rate during these 2 weeks would be $149 a night midweek and $199 a night for weekends.
From the 16th September the rate goes back down to $79 a night to the end of the season.

Are these rates for the room per night or per person based on 6 people staying?

HappyGirl

One of Us
Mar 12, 2009
BobGnarly said:
Yep. I stayed at the station once only. There were 6 beds, most had random hairs in them. I fear to think what a black light would show LOL.

Don't even think about public toilets. Just remember, apparently it's all good for your immune system.
laugh.gif

slipnslide

Hard Yards
Jan 7, 2009
robbo mcs said:
slipnslide said:
Unfortunately, the only email I read from them around 2-3 months ago was the one about accommodation deals. I didn't recall seeing it at the time, but just to make sure, I went back and did a keyword search, and no luck. Hmmmmmmmm?

Hi,

I managed to find the email, dated 19/10/11. There was a link to the website, which is here

EDIT : I had to delete that, as it seems to go straight to my perisher account, !!!, however, here is the text

2012 Freedom Pass

Thank you for purchasing a Freedom Pass for 2012.

For the next 2 weeks we are giving you the opportunity for you to upgrade your pass to include Skitube and Pass Protection, both are great additions to your Freedom Pass.

This offer is valid from now until Wednesday 2 November. Click to get Skitube and Pass Protection now!

Add Skitube
Add & Save on Skitube

For a more convenient passage to Perisher, add Skitube, including Park Usage Fees to your pass for only $60 adults and $20 students (to Year 12) and save a massive $190 (adults) and $120 (students) off 2011 prices.

Why drive when you can catch the Skitube, a safe and convenient way to arrive for your snow holidays in 2012.
Buy Now

Freedom Pass Protection

For peace of mind, pay an extra $50 for adults and $30 for students and seniors and get "Freedom Pass Protection". This will guarantee that you will receive a full or partial refund in the case where you suffer a "season ending" injury or illness.
Buy Now

My memory is correct, ie $60 to upgrade to skitube

Hopefully that will help you.

Robbo

It was a big fat NO from Perisher when I contacted them about this. I explained I never got the email, but no go. You'd think they'd want to have people catching the SkiTube instead of filling up their carpark - but it looks like I'll be driving straight to Perisher every day of the 24 days across the season I've got booked at The Station.

rocketboy

One of Us
Ski Pass
Sep 9, 2010
Gerroa
The problem with the Ski tube is that it really not that much quicker if at all - you have that long drive out to Bullocks Flat. Then you have to park and lug all the kids and gear over - wait for a train, deal with the stairs at the other end, find/pay for a locker. If it's snowing hard at 1200-1400 meters you are still having to put chains on 2WDs to get to Bullocks Flat. I can see the advantage on some days and if you are on your own without the family in tow, but this at least we'll park and ski - but I guess at 60 for adults and 20 for kids - it's a pretty cheap back up option to consider for 2013.

D-eye

Photographer and skier
Ski Pass
Jan 21, 2001
Canberra
deyephotography.com
rocketboy said:
The problem with the Ski tube is that it really not that much quicker if at all - you have that long drive out to Bullocks Flat. Then you have to park and lug all the kids and gear over - wait for a train, deal with the stairs at the other end, find/pay for a locker. If it's snowing hard at 1200-1400 meters you are still having to put chains on 2WDs to get to Bullocks Flat. I can see the advantage on some days and if you are on your own without the family in tow, but this at least we'll park and ski - but I guess at 60 for adults and 20 for kids - it's a pretty cheap back up option to consider for 2013.

The advantage of the tube for me is it goes straight to BC so you can avoid the crap fight that is front valley. Especially as I prefer to start the day at Guthega before moving elsewhere.

The drive to Bullocks flat is a little more relaxed when packed with traffic in bad weather. Just watch out for loose cows on the road in the dark on the way home
eek.gif

Mils

One of Us
Jun 3, 2011
Gold Coast
rocketboy said:

This is my tipping point, when I take the family we're parking on snow at Smiggings, there is no better way to do it. So if I am getting a park pass I may as well drive up myself each time. I plan to go around to guthega this year and start there, Really looking forward to the new lift next year for there.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass