Perisher "Freedom" season pass 2012

Mils

One of Us
Jun 3, 2011
1,197
76
198
44
Gold Coast
19.95 charged to my account form somewhere atm... lets hope that's them and I got a special discount
tongue.gif
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Matt_B

First Runs
Sep 6, 2011
36
0
0
ACT
JAYBONE09 said:
Mine went through, but they did not deduct the $120 for 2 x Ski Tube add on??

I was charged $560 in one transaction as expected - so you might want to give them a call.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

JAYBONE09

Hard Yards
May 16, 2009
118
3
68
34
Canberra
Got charged for 4 x Ski Tube add on instead of the 2, called up and got it sorted reasonable quick though, although I had to stake my claim via email even after they had acknowledged their mistake over the phone.
 

silverwitch

Hard Yards
May 25, 2008
326
32
98
Canberra
Just thought I would let you know that if you changed your credit card since you originally purchased Freedom passes...even if you went into your account and changed the details there...you need to ring and get things sorted.

I didnt have any money for the passes come from my updated account this morning..so I rang and explained I had changed my account details in Feb this year. She said the information/credit card they were working from was not from my Account but was very helpful and I gave her the details over the phone and she sorted it out ..payment made and all good!

So if you are assuming that the account details on the Perisher website is what they usew for the Freedom Passes...you might be in for a surprise...seems funny..but thats the story.

Hopr this info helps someone!
 

peski

Hard Yards
Mar 13, 2009
13
5
53
61
Narrabeen, NSW
Called Perisher today and got my issue sorted out. I asked when we would receive an email with confirmation of payment. They said they're not sending email confirmations. Should've asked if they will be sending confirmation in the mail, but didn't think to. Anybody know this answer to this?
 

skichic

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
May 26, 2003
19,560
24,757
813
As Silverwitch said, if you've changed your c/card details (mine had a new expiry date), you need to ring them and sort it out. Apparently you have 7 days to do this. Mine appeared on my statement right after the phone call.

Last year's passes will be reactivated. Not sure if there's anything on the MyRide login that will verify this?
 
H

Hacski

Guest
I noticed the balance was charged to the cc the other day, so one is all paid up for next month
 

Pottsy

Hard Yards
Jun 17, 2011
16
0
51
Mils said:
yeah I had to do it by phone 89 weekpay peak, 129 weekend peak

I just rang up and they said $129 weekday peak and $179 weekend peak (this is end of July).

Is anyone else being quoted these prices or Mils' prices? Yes I said I had a freedom pass.

Also, it's pretty crazy that the station charge $227 weekday and $277 if you dont have a freedom pass!!
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Mils

One of Us
Jun 3, 2011
1,197
76
198
44
Gold Coast
Pottsy said:
Mils said:
yeah I had to do it by phone 89 weekpay peak, 129 weekend peak

I just rang up and they said $129 weekday peak and $179 weekend peak (this is end of July).

Is anyone else being quoted these prices or Mils' prices? Yes I said I had a freedom pass.

Also, it's pretty crazy that the station charge $227 weekday and $277 if you dont have a freedom pass!!

sorry if its gone up Pots, I booked a while ago.
frown.gif
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Tree Breaker Bob

One of Us
Jul 19, 2006
356
306
163
Dalmeny South Coast NSW
My account does not show any debit from PB so I rang and apparently, out of three freedom passes I bought two have been transacted and the other one failed, why I do not know as there was enough funds available, so I paid for that one over the phone. Evidently if you have not paid by next Monday then you forfeit your pass. As I said the first two still have not shown up on my account but the one I did today over the phone has

On another issue the promo when the freedom passes became available was $79 a night per room for the station all season long there was no peak season loadings, I know because I reread the notice board about four times to make sure as I would have expected there to be. What a shame that I didn't take a photo of that advert board that was there on the long weekend in Oct
 

Marty McSly

A brick propping up the furniture
Ski Pass
Jul 12, 2011
13,840
1
22,713
863
Hunter Valley Whine Country, NSW
Pottsy said:
Mils said:
yeah I had to do it by phone 89 weekpay peak, 129 weekend peak

I just rang up and they said $129 weekday peak and $179 weekend peak (this is end of July).

Is anyone else being quoted these prices or Mils' prices? Yes I said I had a freedom pass.
Something tells me the prices quoted by Mils were valid for bookings made before 12th April. I might trawl around & try to find something more definite, I just CBF ATM. Might be worth your while to call the station again and ask if it's too late for that pricing.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Pottsy

Hard Yards
Jun 17, 2011
16
0
51
sly_062 said:
Pottsy said:
Mils said:
yeah I had to do it by phone 89 weekpay peak, 129 weekend peak

I just rang up and they said $129 weekday peak and $179 weekend peak (this is end of July).

Is anyone else being quoted these prices or Mils' prices? Yes I said I had a freedom pass.
Something tells me the prices quoted by Mils were valid for bookings made before 12th April. I might trawl around & try to find something more definite, I just CBF ATM. Might be worth your while to call the station again and ask if it's too late for that pricing.

Yeah it seems strange that the prices have changed because I have been seldomly checking updates every few weeks and I saw no indication for why the prices changed.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Marty McSly

A brick propping up the furniture
Ski Pass
Jul 12, 2011
13,840
1
22,713
863
Hunter Valley Whine Country, NSW
silverwitch said:
Just thought I would let you know that if you changed your credit card since you originally purchased Freedom passes...even if you went into your account and changed the details there...you need to ring and get things sorted.

I didnt have any money for the passes come from my updated account this morning..so I rang and explained I had changed my account details in Feb this year. She said the information/credit card they were working from was not from my Account but was very helpful and I gave her the details over the phone and she sorted it out ..payment made and all good!

So if you are assuming that the account details on the Perisher website is what they usew for the Freedom Passes...you might be in for a surprise...seems funny..but thats the story.

Hopr this info helps someone!

They have never said anything that would suggest they would use the CC details in My Account. The complete opposite in fact, numerous updates reminding people to email or phone them with updated CC details.

This email for example, on the 8th of February:
If you chose the payment plan the balance payable will be charged on 1 May 2012 to the same credit card that you used to pay the deposit. In the circumstance where, on 1 May 2012 your credit card payment is not completed, you will not be entitled to collect your Freedom Pass or have the access loaded to any existing pass so it's important to have the funds in your account or let us know if your account details have changed by emailing tickets@perisher.com.au .
 
Last edited by a moderator:

CIRCA1962

Addicted
May 4, 2010
143
106
113
ACT
Checked my credit card transactions today and found out that I had only been charged for two of my four passes (one adult and one student) in two separate transactions. My bank (CBA) informed me that the other two transactions were rejected as they appeared to be duplicate transactions. Then made a phone payment through Perisher. Still trying to sort out my ski tube add ons. Bottom line is it is well worth checking your credit card statements.
 

Bella82

Hard Yards
Aug 21, 2011
333
2
68
Sydney
Looking to spend some time at Perisher this season. Kind of wish I got onboard. Will it be offered again this season ?
 

Marty McSly

A brick propping up the furniture
Ski Pass
Jul 12, 2011
13,840
1
22,713
863
Hunter Valley Whine Country, NSW
No chance. Best bets now are early bird offers which have to be paid in full by 31st May.

Or do you mean will it be offered again in September for next year? Sort of. This year's freedom pass holders have the option of buying a pass for next year. The fine print talks about that option being offered each year you hold a pass. But if you don't take up the option one year you don't get to opt back in later.

Unless of course the offer is opened to the public at some time in the future. I wouldn't hold my breath unless the drop-out rate is high.
 

BobGnarly

One of Us
Feb 23, 2012
4,449
2,253
363
43
Nagano
After phoning them and being assured my 2 passes had gone through I can see on my statement that only 1 went through. This is about as hard as they could have made it. Looks like another phone call is in order today..
 
H

Hacski

Guest
CIRCA1962 said:
... Still trying to sort out my ski tube add ons ....
I went for the non ski tube option but on 2nd thought maybe should have taken it as the ski tube if not in conjunction with a lift pass is expensive. I might see if I can pay the difference, just in case
 
Last edited by a moderator:

BobGnarly

One of Us
Feb 23, 2012
4,449
2,253
363
43
Nagano
I was assured that both passes had been paid for but my bank statement only shows one. Go figure.
The girl also said that banks have been rejecting multiple payments as they thought they were an error. If you have multiple passes I recommend you call them up, shit is going wrong everywhere with the payments and people are sure to miss out because of it.
 

skiflat

Old n' Crusty
Aug 10, 1999
37,433
1,502
1,063
BobGnarly said:
I was assured that both passes had been paid for but my bank statement only shows one. Go figure.
The girl also said that banks have been rejecting multiple payments as they thought they were an error. If you have multiple passes I recommend you call them up, shit is going wrong everywhere with the payments and people are sure to miss out because of it.

Do not let Perisher bully you by saying that as you didn't pay on the 1st of May you are not eligible for a pass
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Ozy

Hard Yards
Apr 3, 2010
59
1
58
BobGnarly said:
I was assured that both passes had been paid for but my bank statement only shows one. Go figure.
The girl also said that banks have been rejecting multiple payments as they thought they were an error. If you have multiple passes I recommend you call them up, shit is going wrong everywhere with the payments and people are sure to miss out because of it.

Maybe try ringing your credit card provider. I have had two changes in card details since paying the deposit due to cc fraud the last one only three weeks ago, I made a call with the new card details to Perisher and a call to the bank advising the card would be charged for multiple passes and all was good, they went through fine and all up it took ten minutes.

Cheers
 
Last edited by a moderator:

slipnslide

Hard Yards
Jan 7, 2009
553
0
86
Hacski said:
CIRCA1962 said:
... Still trying to sort out my ski tube add ons ....
I went for the non ski tube option but on 2nd thought maybe should have taken it as the ski tube if not in conjunction with a lift pass is expensive. I might see if I can pay the difference, just in case

I tried. No luck. If, by some chance you succeed, let us know.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
H

Hacski

Guest
slipnslide said:
I tried. No luck. If, by some chance you succeed, let us know.
Too bad. I didn't go for the tube option as we will have a NPWS annual pass on the car season Oh well, we shall just have to fit the chains if the road is real bad.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Log in

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass