Perisher "Freedom" season pass 2012

randomlyred

First Runs
Dec 31, 2011
Tube is really expensive to add now - it's not the $60. I tried a few weeks ago, not worth the coin anymore.

slipnslide

Hard Yards
Jan 7, 2009
The only reason I changed my mind and wanted to add the Tube, is because my kid's a shocker to get motivated in the morning, we've got a week at The Station booked during school holidays, and I'm guessing the Perisher carpark fills up pretty early even on weekdays during those weeks?

waylow

Hard Yards
Jan 29, 2010
Camden NSW
slipnslide said:
The only reason I changed my mind and wanted to add the Tube, is because my kid's a shocker to get motivated in the morning, we've got a week at The Station booked during school holidays, and I'm guessing the Perisher carpark fills up pretty early even on weekdays during those weeks?
get up earlier!

Last edited by a moderator:

randomlyred

First Runs
Dec 31, 2011
Yeah we decided after getting the pass to stay for a week at Ben Bullen, so we have no option but to take the tube at least once this winter.

slipnslide

Hard Yards
Jan 7, 2009
waylow said:
slipnslide said:
get up earlier!

If it's just me, I'm there for first chair - but I could get up hours earlier when I've got the spawn in tow, and he'd STILL find a way to waste time. It's all good, as long as he has fun.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

slipnslide

Hard Yards
Jan 7, 2009
sly_062 said:
Park at Smigs & take the shuttle bus.

I'd only do that if there were absolutely NO spots left in the Perisher carpark.

Besides, the bonus for me with driving is bringing food/drinks (Perisher food is ridiculously overpriced crap) - so parking at Smigs would be way too much hassle.

Donza

Dogs body...
Ski Pass
Platinum
Apr 21, 2004
woonona
slipnslide said:
sly_062 said:

I'd only do that if there were absolutely NO spots left in the Perisher carpark.

Besides, the bonus for me with driving is bringing food/drinks (Perisher food is ridiculously overpriced crap) - so parking at Smigs would be way too much hassle.
Go back to lunch at smiggs?

Mils

One of Us
Jun 3, 2011
Gold Coast
Donza said:
slipnslide said:
sly_062 said:

yep the cheap food underneath smigs is fine if you want that. I normally take a packed lunch you can grab heaps of pre-made stuff from Jindi, from the bakeries to woolies all have premade stuff.

My fav thing about snow trips was the cold can of drink you bring to the snow is colder and tastier when you grab it for lunch
smile.gif

slipnslide

Hard Yards
Jan 7, 2009
Donza said:
slipnslide said:
sly_062 said:

Then a short break for food would become an hour or so. Just not worth it.

I used to ride with a pack (containing food and a spare layer), but it's so much better without one.

slipnslide

Hard Yards
Jan 7, 2009
I've never been to Perisher during July school holidays - does the carpark fill really quickly/early?

Donza

Dogs body...
Ski Pass
Platinum
Apr 21, 2004
woonona
BobGnarly said:
I have seen the carpark filled and backed up well past smiggins prussian creek..

8kms from smiggs

Schnaxxy Schnaxxlburger

but a dream within a dream
Ski Pass
Jun 23, 2001
macdonaltown
Donza said:
BobGnarly said:
prussian creek..
8kms from smiggs
I don't mind that so much - a shuttle bus picks you up and delivers you to the skitube terminal.
Since I'm taking Miss 20 to the snow with me this year after 5 years' break, I'm expecting to arrive somewhat later.

Donza

Dogs body...
Ski Pass
Platinum
Apr 21, 2004
woonona
get your freedom pass Skidown?
Just had a chat to peeps at Perisher
today is the last day according to their terms and conditions of sale..

skiflat

Old n' Crusty
Aug 10, 1999
Not yet!

Thanks for the heads up but I don't recall signing any T&C's nor agreeing to anything
smile.gif

I may or may not have received emails from them, as I have changed my email address

wink.gif

skiflat

Old n' Crusty
Aug 10, 1999
All I recall is going to the ticket area, giving my credit card and paying $199.

I really don't remember any paperwork, if I did have any I would have kept a copy of it

It was added to my existing pass

waylow

Hard Yards
Jan 29, 2010
Camden NSW
slipnslide said:
waylow said:
robbo mcs said:
Less parking spots at Perisher this year
Wont worry me, Im always in the front row anyway!

How/why?

Im always up early, just nature after so many years. Im always up and out of Jindy at 645-700 am. If you're stayying with me and I'm driving, it's my rules, you snooze you loose and find your own way. Never been stuck in traffic or not had a parking spot. My time on snow is limited so I want to make the most of it. Left people behind at the accomodation on more than one occasion, they all know better than to sleep in now!

Marty McSly

A brick propping up the furniture
Ski Pass
Jul 12, 2011
Hunter Valley Whine Country, NSW
My kids struggled with getting to bed before 10.30 and up again at 6.15 on the last 3 trips to the snow. They have this weird idea that school holidays are for staying up late and sleeping in!

But back on-topic, has anyone sent an email enquiry to either freedom@perisher.com.au or freedom.pass@perisher.com.au and actually had a response?

silverwitch

Hard Yards
May 25, 2008
Canberra
sly_062 said:
But back on-topic, has anyone sent an email enquiry to either freedom@perisher.com.au or freedom.pass@perisher.com.au and actually had a response?
sly_062 said:
Yep, they replied the next day for both times I emailed them.

slipnslide

Hard Yards
Jan 7, 2009
waylow said:
slipnslide said:
waylow said:
robbo mcs said:
Less parking spots at Perisher this year
Wont worry me, Im always in the front row anyway!

How/why?

Im always up early, just nature after so many years. Im always up and out of Jindy at 645-700 am. If you're stayying with me and I'm driving, it's my rules, you snooze you loose and find your own way. Never been stuck in traffic or not had a parking spot. My time on snow is limited so I want to make the most of it. Left people behind at the accomodation on more than one occasion, they all know better than to sleep in now!

I'm impressed!

As far as I'm concerned, just after the lifts open is the best time of the day.

Donza

Dogs body...
Ski Pass
Platinum
Apr 21, 2004
woonona
slipnslide said:
Donza said:
BobGnarly said:
I have seen the carpark filled and backed up well past smiggins prussian creek..

8kms from smiggs

Midweek, during school holidays - or just on busy weekends?

nah two to three weekends a season
usually around a bank holiday in August

rocketboy

One of Us
Ski Pass
Sep 9, 2010
Gerroa
Leaving the kids and others to sleep in sounds like a great idea - especially on those early track mornings. Drive up at 6.30 - back down around 11.30 - have an early lunch and then drive back up with kids. Maybe a little greedy on the carbon footprint - but it should teach them to get up early and on tired days days it's probably a good compromise that avoids stress.

Donza

Dogs body...
Ski Pass
Platinum
Apr 21, 2004
woonona
rocketboy said:
Leaving the kids and others to sleep in sounds like a great idea - especially on those early track mornings. Drive up at 6.30 - back down around 11.30 - have an early lunch and then drive back up with kids. Maybe a little greedy on the carbon footprint - but it should teach them to get up early and on tired days days it's probably a good compromise that avoids stress.
good luck sleeping in on a saturday at your place
laugh.gif

jesus...I wake up at 5.30 with the hordes

Schnaxxy Schnaxxlburger

but a dream within a dream
Ski Pass
Jun 23, 2001
macdonaltown
rocketboy said:
All that driving - lost skiing time!

rocketboy

One of Us
Ski Pass
Sep 9, 2010
Gerroa
... less stress ... less chance to be late and caught in morning traffic - sometimes you just need to walk away. and besides u can always text them ... that you'll be back for dinner ... and ya better be ready tomorrow morning...

Olgreg

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 21, 2011
Dolans Bay
sly_062 said:
I phoned them and waited for about 10 minutes before giving up as I was on my mobile. Did you use the normal number 1300 655 811?

Yep

rocketboy

One of Us
Ski Pass
Sep 9, 2010
Gerroa
Donza said:
LOL
jesus...I wake up at 5.30 with the hordes

I was thinking the other 6 nites.

As to Perisher desk - they do seem busy but I've had all my enquires answered - l left a phone number on Tuesday and they called back 15 mins later.

slipnslide

Hard Yards
Jan 7, 2009
Donza said:
slipnslide said:
Donza said:
BobGnarly said:

8kms from smiggs

Midweek, during school holidays - or just on busy weekends?

nah two to three weekends a season
usually around a bank holiday in August

Nice, thanks - that's what I was hoping to hear. As long as it's not too packed midweek in July I'm happy.

Donza

Dogs body...
Ski Pass
Platinum
Apr 21, 2004
woonona
School holidays are as busy as a average weekend...ie the carpark might blow out.. midweek in season is epic

Olgreg

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 21, 2011
Dolans Bay
We had days in July last year, incl weekends and holidays, on Mt p and eyre where you could see the cars parked way down the hill, but we were skiing straight onto the lifts. Dunno where they go, but they don't spread far.

cold wombat

Twitter Contributer
Jun 4, 2008
Perth
On snow accommodation for the win. Bugger the car parking rat race!

outtahere.gif

biggrin.gif

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass