Perisher - Lodge Memberships

iwanttoski

First Runs
Mar 27, 2018
Hi there. Hoping anyone can help. We're a family of four and are very keen to get a membership to a lodge in Perisher (ideally ski in/out). Can anyone recommend one that may be open to accepting new members? Or recommend where to go to research this? Many thanks!

Schnaxxy Schnaxxlburger

but a dream within a dream
Ski Pass
Jun 23, 2001
macdonaltown
not an exact science
I’ve enquired after a few adverts, never got anywhere
last year a lady at work approached me and said she had heard I was a skier
then she said she was a member of a lodge in Jindy and might be considering selling her share
I stayed there a few times last year and enjoyed it
I told her that and she said she had changed her mind about selling, and anyway the club would have to offer to people on the waiting list
I got myself on the waiting list, and was offered a spot last week
it was done like an auction, and I was highest bidder
not on snow - I actually prefer that - but there’s a view of the lake

Last edited:

currawong

Old but not so Crusty
Ski Pass
Sep 17, 2003
Kiewa Valley
I understand that Southern Alps has 2 levels of membership. One where you own a share in a lodge and the other where you have just have rights to stay. I think the latter is fairly easy to get

WaitAwhile

One of Us
Ski Pass
Apr 29, 2012
Perth/part time resident of Jindabyne
The next time you are up at Perisher , check out the large pinboard/noticeboard at the Hans oversnow counter(skitube).
Last year there was a couple of lodges up there that were advertising for members , or it may have been people with memberships for sale.

Legs Akimbo

Grumblebum
Ski Pass
Mar 3, 1999
Coastal suburban boonies.
Ski in/out at Perisher is a rare commodity. It is pretty much confined to those lodges on skiers' left of Front Valley, plus those from Sundeck back to North Perisher via Pretty Valley.

teebee

One of Us
Aug 19, 2009
Sydney, NSW
Hi there. Hoping anyone can help. We're a family of four and are very keen to get a membership to a lodge in Perisher (ideally ski in/out). Can anyone recommend one that may be open to accepting new members? Or recommend where to go to research this? Many thanks!
Hi
I can highly recommend dulmison ski lodge in perisher
Been a member for 3 year's now and wish we had joined years ago
Its in a great spot near top of telemark and is ski in ski out
Really well run..great rooms, great food, very good for families
They have a lodge in thredbo too that is really nice
Search on google for dulmison and make some inquiries via their website...good luck

Reactions: SMSkier

Simon Wilson

Hard Yards
Ski Pass
Oct 22, 2017

Hi, I have a membership for sale, which is in Guthega Village (part of Perisher Blue Ski Resort - full ski in/ski out), it is a great family lodge, with 18 beds, so it's not over crowded and has just completed a full renovation, so very comfortable modern facilities.

If you are interested, give me (mod edit use the PM system) and I can give you all the details.

Last edited by a moderator:

SMSkier

One of Us
Ski Pass
Oct 4, 2016
I understand that Southern Alps has 2 levels of membership. One where you own a share in a lodge and the other where you have just have rights to stay. I think the latter is fairly easy to get
I’m a long term lodge member of SASC @iwanttoski
Good club. Not expensive. Lodges at Perisher, Thredbo and Charlottes. Focus on junior skiing. A few Olympic skiers have come through the club. Worth having a look at. Reach out if you need more context.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

currawong

Old but not so Crusty
Ski Pass
Sep 17, 2003
Kiewa Valley
I’m a long term lodge member of SASC @iwanttoski
Good club. Not expensive. Lodges at Perisher, Thredbo and Charlottes. Focus on junior skiing. A few Olympic skiers have come through the club. Worth having a look at. Reach out if you need more context.
SASC also has booking rights at Australian Alpine Club lodges at Hotham, Dinner Plain, Falls Creek, Perisher & Niseko

LaNeige

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 20, 2010
Vic
Hi, I have a membership for sale, which is in Guthega Village (part of Perisher Blue Ski Resort - full ski in/ski out), it is a great family lodge, with 18 beds, so it's not over crowded and has just completed a full renovation, so very comfortable modern facilities.

@Simon Wilson I'd avoid posting your phone number with your real name on public forum. You can always use the private message (PM) people and exchange details.

The_Heat

Hard Yards
Aug 15, 2009
You can try avalancheperisher.com.au, they are a smaller lodge (9 rooms), fully catered and managed. Lots of families, lots of fun.

Matt Batterham

First Runs
Aug 18, 2018

If you are interested, give me (mod edit use the PM system) and I can give you all the details.

Hi Simon, is the membership still for sale?

Gavin Aquilina

First Runs
Dec 28, 2018

Hi

Is your member ship still available?

Thanks

Gavin

Fedex

First Runs
Apr 27, 2019

Not sure if you are still looking but I have a membership available for sale, located at Guthega which is part of Perisher Blue Ski Resort. It is a ski in/ski out lodge which is great for families and has been fully renovated.

Please PM me if you would like further information.

kiter

One of Us
Ski Pass
Sep 21, 2002
Newcastle
Hi I am selling my membership at munjarra . Small lodge 12 beds innperisher opposite new Leichhardt quad chair . You can ski down to it from the lodge and ski down the cp road from eyre to get back with a small walk Bach to lodge . Munjarra also has a lodge at Thredbo . The share gives access to both lodges . Pm me if anyone interested

Kopite

One of Us
Jul 26, 2017
North Curly
Hi I am selling my membership at munjarra . Small lodge 12 beds innperisher opposite new Leichhardt quad chair . You can ski down to it from the lodge and ski down the cp road from eyre to get back with a small walk Bach to lodge . Munjarra also has a lodge at Thredbo . The share gives access to both lodges . Pm me if anyone interested

Hi Kiter, sent a PM - is this still available? Would like to get some details

southpaw

One of Us
Ski Pass
Mar 28, 2018
Canberra
Thought I would use this thread for my question- we are keen to explore a Perisher lodge membership that is family friendly and I’ve done some online research, however all of their membership forms seem to require existing members to nominate and second applications. Are there clubs that are willing to consider applicants who don’t have existing connections? Any recommendations welcome.

currawong

Old but not so Crusty
Ski Pass
Sep 17, 2003
Kiewa Valley
Thought I would use this thread for my question- we are keen to explore a Perisher lodge membership that is family friendly and I’ve done some online research, however all of their membership forms seem to require existing members to nominate and second applications. Are there clubs that are willing to consider applicants who don’t have existing connections? Any recommendations welcome.
I don't know about any Perisher clubs specifically but I suggest that you talk to the clubs that interest you. Our club in Vic has a mechanism for people who don't know existing members. I'd be surprised if some Perisher clubs don't too

Reactions: southpaw

Legs Akimbo

Grumblebum
Ski Pass
Mar 3, 1999
Coastal suburban boonies.
If your target club allows non-members to stay book in for a week. It will have at least a couple of advantages. You might get to know some members who might nominate you if you seem to fit in, and you will get an idea if the club actually suits you.

Budgiesmuggler

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
May 7, 2010

Email the clubs and find out - once I did that a few responded and aid they had memberships available.

We’ve now decided not to join, basically because the cost/fees outweighs how often we want to go. However a couple lodges offer non members to stay (at higher rates) so we will likely just do this in the future

southpaw

One of Us
Ski Pass
Mar 28, 2018
Canberra
Email the clubs and find out - once I did that a few responded and aid they had memberships available.

We’ve now decided not to join, basically because the cost/fees outweighs how often we want to go. However a couple lodges offer non members to stay (at higher rates) so we will likely just do this in the future
Thanks will try that

southpaw

One of Us
Ski Pass
Mar 28, 2018
Canberra
If your target club allows non-members to stay book in for a week. It will have at least a couple of advantages. You might get to know some members who might nominate you if you seem to fit in, and you will get an idea if the club actually suits you.
Thanks that makes sense

Stephanie H

First Runs
Oct 11, 2019
For anyone interested in purchasing a fabulous, extremely well - run ski lodge in the heart of Thredbo: Often referred to world - wide: as the "Best Ski Resort in Australia".

Thank you for your interest in possibly purchasing my Private Membership Share of the Hi Noon Ski Club Lodge, in the heart of Thredbo Village, at Bella Corner.

Great Ski Lodge - Great Location - Great Lifelong Friendships !

Discounted Sale Price: $25K. (Not negotiable)

If you have any questions, please feel free to email me by PM,

Mod edit email addy removed, PM Stephanie H for contact details,

southpaw

One of Us
Ski Pass
Mar 28, 2018
Canberra
For anyone interested in purchasing a fabulous, extremely well - run ski lodge in the heart of Thredbo: Often referred to world - wide: as the "Best Ski Resort in Australia".

Thank you for your interest in possibly purchasing my Private Membership Share of the Hi Noon Ski Club Lodge, in the heart of Thredbo Village, at Bella Corner.

Great Ski Lodge - Great Location - Great Lifelong Friendships !

Discounted Sale Price: $25K. (Not negotiable)

If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at
Do they have a lodge in Perisher as well?

kiter

One of Us
Ski Pass
Sep 21, 2002
Newcastle
I have a share for sale at Munjarra . Perisher and Thredbo lodges . Not skiing at either of those resorts anymore . $7k ono

GobrinIce

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 9, 2019
Hi all, Is there a no-frills unrenovated, self-catered, family-friendly lodge anywhere on Perisher? I'm not necessarily looking for immediate membership but thought it might be worthwhile if I could put my name down on a waiting list. Most the lodges suggested here are too pricey, would hope my family of 4 would be able to stay somewhere for under $300 a night. Is that impossible? Only need a room with a double bed and a bunk, with perhaps the tiniest of windows and a communal area with a fire. Large upfront joining fee is fine.

I have a vision of this sort of place in my mind, with families driving up in their 90s station wagon in their old handmade woolens and old sloppy furnishings and a dinky shared bathroom with a worn out pack of uno under the coffee table and working bees with cups of tea and arnotts all sorts biscuits in the summer. But the common style seems to be sleekly renovated lodges with high fees, long membership agreements, the latest audi 4wds and puffy jackets and schmick gear and phones where lodgers compliment the french chef on their entrees.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

nezumi

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 28, 2009
Melbourne
Hi all, Is there a no-frills unrenovated, self-catered, family-friendly lodge anywhere on Perisher? I'm not necessarily looking for immediate membership but thought it might be worthwhile if I could put my name down on a waiting list. Most the lodges suggested here are too pricey, would hope my family of 4 would be able to stay somewhere for under $300 a night. Is that impossible? Only need a room with a double bed and a bunk, with perhaps the tiniest of windows and a communal area with a fire. Large upfront joining fee is fine.

I have a vision of this sort of place in my mind, with families driving up in their 90s station wagon in their old handmade woolens and old sloppy furnishings and a dinky shared bathroom with a worn out pack of uno under the coffee table and working bees with cups of tea and arnotts all sorts biscuits in the summer. But the common style seems to be sleekly renovated lodges with high fees, long membership agreements, the latest audi 4wds and puffy jackets and schmick gear and phones where lodgers compliment the french chef on their entrees.

Australian Alpine Club? https://www.australianalpineclub.com/book/perisher-huette.html

Reactions: GobrinIce

GobrinIce

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 9, 2019
Cheers. It looks excellent for one person but my family of four makes it over $350 a night. It's the per person prices which makes it a bit prohibitive for my family. That seems to be the case for most lodges.

1624742197971.png

nezumi

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 28, 2009
Melbourne
Cheers. It looks excellent for one person but my family of four makes it over $350 a night. It's the per person prices which makes it a bit prohibitive for my family. That seems to be the case for most lodges.

1624742197971.png

If you only stay for one night, maybe?

The 4 night stay is $1,130 for a family of 4, or $282.50/night.

The week stay is $1,800, or ~$258 per night.

teleroo

leaf blower aficionado
Ski Pass
Jun 19, 2019
Illawarra

Turnak at Guthega

Reactions: GobrinIce

teleroo

leaf blower aficionado
Ski Pass
Jun 19, 2019
Illawarra

Or Thredbo Valley Farm ski club. Next to ski tube.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass