Perisher Master Plan

GlenH

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 13, 2007
My favourite part of the old plan was for a chair from the bottom of guthega, up to pleasant valley, sort of between pleasant view and double trouble. That would be an absolute game changer, as you wouldn't need to go back to Blue Cow to return to Perisher, so would reduce a lot of congestion. Also would open up the pleasant view and double trouble areas for repeat skiing, and both are great areas
It would do, but then some areas are nice because they are harder to get to.

VSG

Crayon Master
Jan 1, 1998
Port Macquarie NSW
www.tumblr.com
My favourite part of the old plan was for a chair from the bottom of guthega, up to pleasant valley, sort of between pleasant view and double trouble. That would be an absolute game changer, as you wouldn't need to go back to Blue Cow to return to Perisher, so would reduce a lot of congestion. Also would open up the pleasant view and double trouble areas for repeat skiing, and both are great areas

Jx_o92vw.png

VSG

Crayon Master
Jan 1, 1998
Port Macquarie NSW
www.tumblr.com

IMG_20210617_052725.png

VSG

Crayon Master
Jan 1, 1998
Port Macquarie NSW
www.tumblr.com

Jx_o92vw (2).png

Reactions: Sean Sunley

Telemark Phat

Pass the butter
Ski Pass
Jun 21, 2008
Jindabyne
www.telemarkphat.org
Yeah when they can’t even get permission for the earthwork above Leichhardt for the half pipe then they have zero chance of completing that master plan
Perisher didn't consider the hydrological implications for the alpine bogs below the earthworks.

There won't be a pipe again this year. I think Perisher have decided they have more profitable things they can do with scarce space than host a low quality half pipe.

skifree

A disciple of the blessed avi giraffe
Ski Pass
Jul 13, 1998
Middle Oz
Only for the two dozen smelly chookfooters, langlaufers who contrib 2/10ths of bugger all to corporate Australia's coffers when visiting P. Bugger em. ;)
Not really the truth, xc folk spend plenty. I spent enough years behind the counter of xc. To some extent the resort ignores xc and xc returns the favour. The xc market is well bigger than resort folks think.

Donza

Dogs body...
Ski Pass
Platinum
Apr 21, 2004
woonona
Perisher didn't consider the hydrological implications for the alpine bogs below the earthworks.

There won't be a pipe again this year. I think Perisher have decided they have more profitable things they can do with scarce space than host a low quality half pipe.
This.
Unless its a super pipe...Its pointless.

Reactions: crackson

Chookfooter

Cranky Curmudgeon
Ski Pass
May 11, 2020
I thought I read here somewhere they were going to start this summer just gone but Covid.

Telemark Phat

Pass the butter
Ski Pass
Jun 21, 2008
Jindabyne
www.telemarkphat.org

VSG

Crayon Master
Jan 1, 1998
Port Macquarie NSW
www.tumblr.com
Not really the truth, xc folk spend plenty. I spent enough years behind the counter of xc. To some extent the resort ignores xc and xc returns the favour. The xc market is well bigger than resort folks think.
Note I carefully phrased my comment. I pointed to corporate Australia ( owners or resorts) vs. mum and dad small business owners who do benefit from all of us visiting the snow. :)

Nidecker

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 5, 2009
Alpine the dark side of snowboarding
Would the six pack use totally new pylons/towers? would have to I guess. and then there is removal of the old lifts. yep, a billion dollars might be the price.

You sound like a govt project manager :)...... I really have no idea, but I guess things like helicopters to drop lift towers in don't come cheap in alpine regions, I wonder what the gondola cost?

NightSky

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 6, 2015
Omega Centauri
You sound like a govt project manager :)...... I really have no idea, but I guess things like helicopters to drop lift towers in don't come cheap in alpine regions, I wonder what the gondola cost?
According to the DA $11M

Attachments

• Development Application (1).pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 21
Reactions: Jonathan_P

NightSky

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 6, 2015
Omega Centauri
That probably in line with the $20M in the Perisher DA, some differences though are the cafe and restaurant facilities top and bottom in the Perisher DA from what I understand.

BlueHue

One of Us
Ski Pass
Apr 17, 2003
South of Cooma
That probably in line with the $20M in the Perisher DA, some differences though are the cafe and restaurant facilities top and bottom in the Perisher DA from what I understand.
There's no cafe/restaurant in this DA. Just the lift and some earth works/bridge crossings at the b ase. Might be a snow gun or two but don't think so from memory. It is apparently part of a larger project though to widen parts of Towers, particularly higher up with more snowmaking and like you say a new cafe/restaurant at some point.

Reactions: NightSky

Camoman

One of Us
May 10, 2019
Jindabyne
The SAP (as linked just now in Jindy thread) has a fair bit of detail for Perisher.

"Significant expansion is proposed to deliver a ‘village feel’ with the activation of streets, improved plazas and public space, and formalised pedestrian linkages to support movement within the village streets and public space alignments"

"Development will prioritise year-round activation with Perisher Village Square"

"Perisher will have a night and day economy. With bars, cafes and restaurants to support the envisaged growth. A distinct alpine feel will be created "

NightSky

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 6, 2015
Omega Centauri
The SAP (as linked just now in Jindy thread) has a fair bit of detail for Perisher.

"Significant expansion is proposed to deliver a ‘village feel’ with the activation of streets, improved plazas and public space, and formalised pedestrian linkages to support movement within the village streets and public space alignments"

"Development will prioritise year-round activation with Perisher Village Square"

"Perisher will have a night and day economy. With bars, cafes and restaurants to support the envisaged growth. A distinct alpine feel will be created "
And they cant get the basics right, like where places are.

1624844374493.png

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Learn how membership works on these forums