Perisher Pipe & Parks - Status & Summary.

Rabid K9

A Local
Ski Pass
Jul 15, 2008
Can anyone give me an update on the Perisher Pipe, ie: now some snow is falling regularly and the base is building, when is it likely to be constructed? Is there only ever one pipe built at PB, even is reasonable snow years?

And a succinct summary of PB parks - location, features, photos, current status would be most appreciated.

LiL_Gnome

First Runs
Oct 8, 2006
Sydney
Visit site
Hey Yesterday i posted a bunch of pics of FV fusion park in my reports forum check them out.

https://www.ski.com.au/xf/posts/2079009

Down the bottom of that there are some pics of it
thumbsup.gif

I will get some pics of the Piper park tomorrow but it is pretty much just 2 boxes and a couple of jumps

also they have made a Ski X track in the Leichhardt park i have a few pics of that but they arnt very good will get some better ones tomorrow. i can put them up if you want.

Hope this is what you wanted
biggrin.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

SnowAndrew

One of Us
Jun 18, 2008
Sydney
Here is the parks website - http://www.fusionparks.com.au/ - it tells you where they are and what is typical to be in them...I know snowmaking has started on the pipe area seriously now so that a large enough volume of snow is there for the groomers to grind into a pipe. There is the half pipe on Front Valley and last year there was a quarter pipe over at Blue Cow...

Though of course it depends on the season and what else the snowmaking equipment is required for (only available in snowmaking areas obviously). Though now that terrain is basically open they will now start to focus on getting the parks going - like they have got Piper park going pretty fast, i wouldnt be surprised if the others start opening soon...

Silence

One of Us
May 20, 2004
Sydney
Re: Perisher Pipe & Parks - Status & Summary.

FV Jump line -
1216157903.jpg

edit: aagh they changed the pic.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

shadow1

Hard Yards
Apr 23, 2008
Re: Perisher Pipe & Parks - Status & Summary.

Perisher Blue have to time the Halfpipe opening and making or it doesn't last August.

dawooduck

relaxed and comfortable
Ski Pass
Oct 26, 2002
Mountains
No pipe yet but the park is okay.

You can get some good air and its a pretty sweat intermediate park and not too crowded. Some nice jumps going down on the two bigger jumps.

Its pretty warm down here.

red frog

Hard Yards
Jun 19, 2007
the two booters down the bottom of front v were good times on sunday. you get some pretty good hang time off the second one especially. great to see the park crew out there fairly regularly on sunday too (unlike some other years) keeping the take offs in primo condition. hopefully leichart gets cranking soon!

LiL_Gnome

First Runs
Oct 8, 2006
Sydney
Visit site
red frog said:
the two booters down the bottom of front v were good times on sunday. you get some pretty good hang time off the second one especially. great to see the park crew out there fairly regularly on sunday too (unlike some other years) keeping the take offs in primo condition. hopefully leichart gets cranking soon!

Leichhardt is a ski x track at the moment because they have the winter sports club doing their track training at the moment but once that has finished they might make a park outa it. ill see if i can get some pics of what it looks like if its not full of people today.

Cya

fvlifty

First Runs
Nov 19, 2003
The pipe building has begun...
Adam fired up the cat and started pushing today. It needs a little more snow but they are cranking with the snowmaking in there as we speak.

Watch this space

DSC00202.jpg

DSC00204.jpg

red frog

Hard Yards
Jun 19, 2007
They've put a couple of new jumps in on the FV park and taken out the flat down box. The first new jump is near the top - probably 15-20 foot??? theyve also put in a new little one down the bottom. They're also added a super fun wave/S box thingy (kinda like 2 big C boxes joined together but built properly). Looks like the new features they built over summer are coming into play. There's surely enough snow to get leichart rocking now. Come on perisher....

RG

First Runs
Jul 22, 2002
Sydney
Any more news/pics of the pipe? really hopping to ride if this season, and practice taking photos of pipe riders.

SnowAndrew

One of Us
Jun 18, 2008
Sydney
I know that the guns were running on it when i left this afternoon, just saw them all going, but i didnt have a chance to go over and have a look at them - got distracted with the rest of the terrain even if it wasnt all open due to wind. I hope it wont be too long now...Though i must say that surely the Blue Cow terrain park cant be far off now!

red frog

Hard Yards
Jun 19, 2007
leichart is cranking
BAM!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

let the good times roll....

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

RG

First Runs
Jul 22, 2002
Sydney
good to hear about Leichardt! make a good run through on the way to mnt perisher in the morning and a good stop over on the way back
biggrin.gif

thanks for the updates.... keep them coming.

fvlifty

First Runs
Nov 19, 2003
It's close. Another night or two of snowmaking and then some cat time and it'll be goer. No set opening date yet, but the walls are getting close.

RG

First Runs
Jul 22, 2002
Sydney
well they are saying that there will be tubes in the pipe during wild winter weekend so they might hold the pipe closed till then yet again to have it in good nick, not that it needs to be for that event.
I hope that will not be the case though.

3decks

One of Us
Feb 1, 2002
Yeah, it looks close, I would have thought they would have opened it for the Jnr T2R comp but they didnt.

Hopefully they hold off, Im out for next weekend.

red frog

Hard Yards
Jun 19, 2007
park report from the weekend

on saturday leichart sucked (just possible to clear the first jump - impossible to clear the second - the boxes were set up stupidly on angles etc) and fv was shut.

on saturday - both were rad. the second jump at leichart was well built and really good to spin off. they'd pretty much straighted up the flat down. fv had a sweet 4 jump line. the first one is medium size (saw a skiier throw a switch backflip off it - massive props), the second is a step up, the third is a little bigger and the fourth is big (left over from the comp the day before - not sure if theyll keep it this big). there was also got the S box which hardly anyone seems to be making it to the end of (and most people seem to have given up on trying) and they put in a big battle ship up-flat-down type thingy. good times. some people in our crew would ahve liked to have seen a few more intermediate type boxes. maybe next wknd. overall - good times
smile.gif

will report again after next wknds shred mission. cheers

FourSquare04

A Local
Sep 11, 2001
Wollongong
yeah very nice work on the vid - I wish I could still jib as good as some of that crew! man those booters look like sooooo much fun.....I wanna go down so bad after seeing that!

red frog

Hard Yards
Jun 19, 2007
hey ya'll!

thanks from all our crew for the kind words. be sure to holla if you see us shredding around over these last few wknds!

check out the new edit from last weekends riding at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzoQe0amBEo

you can probably see more in the clip than you can get from me typing about it - but the parks havent changed heaps over the last month. a couple of the jumps on fv park seem to have gotten slightly longer (pretty plat trannie on the first one). They have also put in smaller kickers to the side of the couple of them. Stair set is also in after the sno sho. Fun times to be had on the mini-shred in the piper park too.

Anyway enjoy the new vid and the spring riding in the sunshine!

Yeow!
smile.gif

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass