1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Apr├Ęs topics.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Perisher report for 20 July

Discussion in 'Perisher' started by canberraguy, Jul 20, 2007.

1. canberraguy

canberraguy First Runs

I'll have to be quick with this because I'm exhausted. Just had a great day up there. Left Canberra 0540 and was at Blue Cow off the tube at 0845. Beautiful dry groomed snow all over the shop. Sunny breaks in between bits of low cloud and tiny bits of snow. Had one of the first runs on Zalis. It's so easy when no one else has been on it! Headed off to Guthega as soon as it opened. Wombats Lament had some beautiful soft snow on it. Parachute was a great run, did that a couple of times. Only slightly icy, hardly at all, and some really beautiful texture of snow at the top. I really notice when it's nice because it's just so much easier. Had a Kransky sausage at the Burning Log. Hot milo too - could have been creamier. Then off to Mt Perisher. This was the place to be - not many people over there. Eyre was an awesome run. Towers was great too, hardly anyone on it at all, pity the Perisher Triple Chair wasn't operating, there were some quite big queues for the double. Had an expensive but nicely cooked and tasty lunch at the place at the bottom of Towers. Then headed off and did Vista, went through Centre Valley to take the Interceptor Chair, popped over down to Rollercoaster - it was a bit icy up top and that soft stuff down bottom, it always seems like that. Did the run that's under the Summit Quad Chair - is it Outer Limits or Excelerator? It was a nice run too. Just beautiful snow everywhere. Highly recommend it.

2. BCswitch

BCswitch First Runs

sounds like a good trip. excelerator is under the ridge zalis is under the summit.any pics?