1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Après topics.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Perisher Season Pass 2010

Discussion in 'Perisher' started by Tonester, Mar 12, 2010.

1. Donzah

Donzah Pool Room Ski Pass: Gold

I don't think its become busier at its busiest times. The lines are around the same.
    Rather its busier for more days per season than it used to be.
    This season was great though..

2. chicski

chicski A Local Ski Pass: Gold

Restrictions on numbers. Who’d a thought ;)

Townsend likes this.
  3. Donzah

Donzah Pool Room Ski Pass: Gold

Oddly though..The V8 and learner areas were busy as this year...

Jonathan_P likes this.
  4. Jasper Schwarz

Jasper Schwarz One of Us Ski Pass: Silver

As another aside, I have a huge advantage on (probably) all of you. I have never known the alternative. My entire memory has been based on 30 minutes queues at the ridge and line ups at the freedom. When you have nothing to compare its great. It is what made it special this year, and (ironcally) is hopefully why next year sucks.

You just have to get smarter about where you are at when, and being more active in moving around the resort.

Ted Harper likes this.
  5. Jasper Schwarz

Jasper Schwarz One of Us Ski Pass: Silver

This is another consideration. I feel like there are increasing number of beginners every year and increasing number of ski school participants. The good news is they are learning to spread them out a bit more.

6. Kelpieboy

Kelpieboy One of Us Ski Pass: Silver

No ,not denying that some places are much busier while some not so much. Overall more punters on the hills these days but lots of learners/beginners and lots of wannabees/need to be seen types these days. These types dont bother me much because they either dont/cant or are short time players at the places I choose to ski. For example I know that one place I frequent gets busy around 10am but is pretty much deserted again by 11am so I just go early ,ski off and come back later. Other places I just avoid a lot ,even though I like them I dont like them that much to wait 1/2 hour for a run.
    Basically these days you need to ski smarter and sometimes compromise a bit on venue but its all good really.
    I dont think my average runs per day has changed much to be honest.