Perisher Tickets and Lessons

Runamuk

Hard Yards
Jun 30, 2019
Leichhardt, NSW
Hey all, I noticed Perisher opened up for sale, but only for June 12-25.

We're looking to get three days at Perisher, as we've got two days at Thredbo already in Early August.

Does anyone know when they will open up more dates for sale?

HSVGuy

Hard Yards
Jun 11, 2011
I have to agree.

What's even more concerning is the price of tickets given the extremely limited data we have to go on (eg pricing for a 2 week period from 12 to 25 June) it seems to be through the roof.

5 day adult ticket starting on
  • up to 18 June: $444
  • 19 to 24 June: $507
  • 25 June: $805!!
In 2019 I paid $559 for a 5.5 day ticket with lessons during peak season (end of July into August) and that was just the standard (buy 7 days in advance) price on their website. It looks like 5 lessons are $199 so the same thing is going to cost a minimum of $1,005 (assuming the price doesn't go up again at all after 25 June). That's an 80% increase in the space of (for most people) 1 season.

It also looks like lessons are only being done from Perisher. To add insult to injury the free afternoon for 3 day or longer tickets now only starts at 3pm.

Sir Surfalot

One of Us
Ski Pass
Apr 23, 2000
Somewhere surfy or snowy
5 day adult ticket starting on
  • up to 18 June: $444
  • 19 to 24 June: $507
  • 25 June: $805!!
NSW public school holidays start on 26-Jun this year. It remains to be seen how many of those tickets are actually available for sale too, even at that arguably-premium price, if the resort needs to control the numbers (above and beyond the Police and National Parks stopping people who may have already bought a Perisher season pass entering the park…).

Reactions: Jonathan_P

Donzah

Formerly know as Aldi whorehouse.
Ski Pass
Aug 3, 2017
woonona
They're killing the school holidays for any family that doesn't already have season passes. Or they've figured there is so much domestic leisure spending that has been forced local rather than O/S they want to try grabbing as much of it as they can.
Why wouldn't you buy a epic pass?

Oh
Cause it's $1400 for accommodation at the pub for a weekend in August.

Reactions: nezumi

Pau1

Hard Yards
Sep 3, 2018
Does anyone know what time the ticket sales open up today for the 26th June to 4th July?

Pau1

Hard Yards
Sep 3, 2018
The website has now opened just purchased 2 days lift for 2 adults and 2 days lift and lessons 2 children $1348 :emoji_astonished:

Tanuki

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Sep 29, 2010
The website has now opened just purchased 2 days lift for 2 adults and 2 days lift and lessons 2 children $1348 :emoji_astonished:
Holy shit!
Extortion - who would've thought a virtual duopoly could get away with that? Not the ACCC apparently. Cross thread dialogue; this increases the need for a new operator - bring on Twin Valleys resort :)

Pau1

Hard Yards
Sep 3, 2018
Extortion - who would've thought a virtual duopoly could get away with that? Not the ACCC apparently. Cross thread dialogue; this increases the need for a new operator - bring on Twin Valleys resort :)
Yes I know. I had no choice :ski:
Lucky I bought 4 x Day tripper tickets at Charlotte Pass for 1 day of skiing but i really worry if they will have anything open late June at Charlottes.:emoji_confused:

Val Desire

One of Us
Jul 12, 2018
Lindfield NSW
Feeling stress levels rise at remembering last year and the booking lottery...:confused:, so seeking reassurance here!
Can people confirm that for holders of Epic pass with Ski-tube add-on, I don't have to book anything when tomorrow's booking period for June 25th to July 11th opens (except for hire/lessons if needed)?
For non-pass folk: would have to book pass and Ski- tube tomorrow for holiday period, or risk non-Epic family members missing out if rationing introduced or sold-out by time of travel?

GlenH

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 13, 2007
Is there any suggestion that Skitube bookings will be any different this year to last year, i.e. which was book for a particular day but catch any train you like.

Chaeron

Ski-Hike-Blade-Bike-Kayak
Ski Pass
Jun 24, 2014
Dandenong Ranges
Work mate of mine costed 5 days up at the snow for a family of 4 at Hotham for $5,000 excluding lessons.

So he’s daytripping up the mountain to Buller from Merrijig instead…..

The prices, the crowds are going to be insane peak season across all of Oz….

NZ resorts could do well.

Might be my biggest back country season yet, no matter the Epic Pass and season resort entry being paid up….

Val Desire

One of Us
Jul 12, 2018
Lindfield NSW
Is there any suggestion that Skitube bookings will be any different this year to last year, i.e. which was book for a particular day but catch any train you like.
That's what I'd like to know too. Or is it totally turn up and go on Tube with Epic pass?

Me+3

Addicted
Jun 26, 2014
I have to agree.

It also looks like lessons are only being done from Perisher. To add insult to injury the free afternoon for 3 day or longer tickets now only starts at 3pm.

Where did you read this bit ?

Kopite

One of Us
Jul 26, 2017
North Curly
Any news on bring a mate tickets? Can’t find anything on my dashboard or the shop to access these. They’re listed as an Epic Benefit for this season….

tdc

Hard Yards
Ski Pass
Feb 26, 2007
Bondi
Any news on bring a mate tickets? Can’t find anything on my dashboard or the shop to access these. They’re listed as an Epic Benefit for this season….
This is the response from Perisher Guest services when I enquired earlier this week

Cheers

B355C71F-4C2E-492B-808A-D06030A073E8.jpeg

amyannick

First Runs
Jan 2, 2021
I've seen several references on the forum to booking lessons with specific instructors. On the perisher website there is no option for this, does this just get organised informally?

nezumi

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 28, 2009
Melbourne
For the benefit of any parents yet to book lessons for their kids - have a play around with the system to ensure that you are getting the best price. I was testing things out today and saw that you could start with the lessons and add a lift pass, or start with the lift pass and add lessons - so I tried both.

If you start with the lessons, it's $60 cheaper than if you start with the lift pass - no idea why, but it's there.

upload_2021-5-27_16-49-50.png

Runamuk

Hard Yards
Jun 30, 2019
Leichhardt, NSW
Finally sorted all of our tickets and lessons.

Just a couple of Q's.

I booked and added the names fine on the Perisher site, guessing that the passes will automatically show on the cards? Also for lesson tickets, is there another way to get them other than rushing to get into a line before a 9am lesson? I mean sure we can go up to the resort the day before, but is there a Jindabyne office? Or can you get the lesson tickets mailed?

HSVGuy

Hard Yards
Jun 11, 2011
NSW public school holidays start on 26-Jun this year. It remains to be seen how many of those tickets are actually available for sale too, even at that arguably-premium price, if the resort needs to control the numbers (above and beyond the Police and National Parks stopping people who may have already bought a Perisher season pass entering the park…).
As you suggested, prices were put up for the school holiday dates. 5 day ticket ended up being a much more reasonable $558. Also added lessons at Smiggins for an extra $40 (for the full 5 days and includes advanced level - opposed to just beginner). Even if I only do one lesson it will be worth it.

Any idea why they aren't doing any lessons at Blue Cow this year?

Reactions: Sir Surfalot

Telemark Phat

Pass the butter
Ski Pass
Jun 21, 2008
Jindabyne
www.telemarkphat.org
As you suggested, prices were put up for the school holiday dates. 5 day ticket ended up being a much more reasonable $558. Also added lessons at Smiggins for an extra $40 (for the full 5 days and includes advanced level - opposed to just beginner). Even if I only do one lesson it will be worth it.

No overseas staff.

Skichic2

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Feb 22, 2017

There were issues with number restrictions on skitube last year. Stories of 1-2hr queues to get back from BC. Perhaps it’s in case the number restrictions return?

Reactions: HSVGuy

nezumi

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 28, 2009
Melbourne
Not disagreeing with you (and I know a lot of people have (at least initially) missed out on lessons) but selling lessons at Smiggins for $8 a day seems at odds with this.

That's the effective cost when bundled with lifts, but if you try and add it as a standalone product (say, for an Epic pass holder) it's $38/day before discounts. Not massive, sure, but also nothing to sneeze at.

The price is an incentive to remove people from front valley more than anything, and limited staff numbers may simply make it easier to have 2 locations rather than 3.

Telemark Phat

Pass the butter
Ski Pass
Jun 21, 2008
Jindabyne
www.telemarkphat.org
Not disagreeing with you (and I know a lot of people have (at least initially) missed out on lessons) but selling lessons at Smiggins for $8 a day seems at odds with this.
Eveyone wants to have their lessons at front valley. Pricing is used to convince people to start their lesson at Smiggs (or in a normal season BC).

Reactions: HSVGuy

offshore

Hard Yards
Nov 29, 2018
I've just ordered 3 days passes for the kids + Perisher cards since they didn't already have them.

Do they still post these out to you, or do you collect them onsite? Is there still a ticket office at Nuggets in Jindy?

MGS1968

First Runs
Jun 5, 2021
New here, but am quite shocked at some of the prices for tickets and even Skitube. How do they figure Mon skitube is $68 but Tues-Thur is only $53? Accom prices are thru the roof, but that's to be expected I guess with a lot of overseas tripsters needing a local fix for the first time in many years.

Is it risky to share my lift tickets with my wife, as only 1 of us at anytime will use the lifts, as 1 needs to watch the 2yr old.

almontyrat

One of Us
Ski Pass
Apr 16, 2005
Wesley Vale, Tasmania
New here, but am quite shocked at some of the prices for tickets and even Skitube. How do they figure Mon skitube is $68 but Tues-Thur is only $53? Accom prices are thru the roof, but that's to be expected I guess with a lot of overseas tripsters needing a local fix for the first time in many years.

Is it risky to share my lift tickets with my wife, as only 1 of us at anytime will use the lifts, as 1 needs to watch the 2yr old.
Its risky and illegal, called fraud iirc. they may notice when a pass registered to a guy is used by a gal.....

Jonathan_P

One of Us
Ski Pass
Dec 22, 2018

Probably will get found out pretty quickly, last year even with mask on they were pulling people out of the lift line.

Reactions: BrindiCruiser

steeps

One of Us
May 8, 2006
I'm a proud New South Welshman
Agree - we saw kids get pulled off the mountain using their Dad's Epic last year- they didn't have passes and the Dad was nowhere to be seen : outcome - Epic Pass confiscated and the whole family put on the "Hot List" - which meant - online account suspended and the Dad must report to a ticket office face to face to get access to the mountain again - I watched the whole thing in the office

Reactions: almontyrat

Aristotle11

First Runs
May 16, 2021
Is there still an option to upgrade the lift pass to include the skitube at the cheap rate? Think in person at bullocks flat perhaps?

Aristotle11

First Runs
May 16, 2021
If you are talking about an add-on to a single or multi-day lift pass.... good luck?
Yeah multi-day lift pass. I swear I added it online last time separately. Wanted to keep options open but driving it is then I guess...
Although the FAQ on station says this
  • Can I upgrade my lift tickets to include the Skitube when I arrive?
    • You are able to upgrade your lift tickets to include the Skitube after arrival at Bullocks Flat Skitube terminal. However, it is advisable to purchase the Skitube when you book to avoid queues on arrival.

Reactions: nezumi

amyannick

First Runs
Jan 2, 2021
I booked myself and my partner in for a private lesson yesterday with @Telemark Phat, and given I was meeting an internet stranger and I didn't get murdered, I have to give the experience an A+.

Seriously though, the A+ is deserved. It was a great lesson and TP's teaching style was a perfect mix of practical info, theoretical info and just letting us get on with it. I really liked how he broke down each movement and had it all come together at the end. He's also a great bloke and good for a chat on the lift. I'll be booking in with him again a little later and I thought he deserved a plug here on the forum. I think PMing him is the way to go if you want to see about booking a lesson.

almontyrat

One of Us
Ski Pass
Apr 16, 2005
Wesley Vale, Tasmania
I booked myself and my partner in for a private lesson yesterday with @Telemark Phat, and given I was meeting an internet stranger and I didn't get murdered, I have to give the experience an A+.

Seriously though, the A+ is deserved. It was a great lesson and TP's teaching style was a perfect mix of practical info, theoretical info and just letting us get on with it. I really liked how he broke down each movement and had it all come together at the end. He's also a great bloke and good for a chat on the lift. I'll be booking in with him again a little later and I thought he deserved a plug here on the forum. I think PMing him is the way to go if you want to see about booking a lesson.
Tele or alpine?

Peanut

One of Us
Mar 3, 2018
Speaking of lessons, can anyone recommend an instructor for either full or half days who has availability at any point during the first week of the school holidays? I‘d prefer an adaptive instructor, or at least someone who has experience with instructing kids with autism. I did try sending an email to the bookings team at Perisher, but they indicated that they were all booked out. They hinted that there may still be availability for 2 hour afternoon lessons, but they haven’t gotten back to me on that yet.

I know I’m probably out of luck, but it never hurts to ask.

bingeely

Hard Yards
Sep 11, 2017
Hi, I've just got my lift tickets, and I can't remember if I can verify that my purchase has been linked to my Perisher card, there doesn't seem to be anything in the https://shop.perisher.com.au/Account website. that website doesn't even have history of my purchase, I just have the emails. I can't remember if that was enough, been two years since skied Persisher.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass