1. SPECIAL NOTE TO NEW REGISTRATIONS

If you recently registered and have not received a confirmation email - please check your 'Spam or Junk' folders. Especially if your email is Hotmail. More help with confirmation issues

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice
  2. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Apr├Ęs topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Perisher - Young Teens - Blue Cow or Perisher

Discussion in 'Perisher' started by Bushy69, Jul 4, 2019.

1. Bushy69

Bushy69 Hard Yards

Hi All,

It has been a while since we have gone skiing, and taking my two youngest to Perisher in 5 weeks (2nd week of August). They are 12 and 14 and have skied when they were much younger, so really will be like first time for them again.

My question, which area at Perisher will be best for their 2hr/3hr lessons? One boy will Ski the other Snowboard.

We are only on the snow for 4 days, and the website booking doesn't seem to cater for a 4 day ticket with a mix of Blue Cow and Perisher (ie.. have to do two x 2 days, which is more expensive).

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Cheers, Justin and Jenny

2. Legs Akimbo

Legs Akimbo Grumblebum Ski Pass: Gold

Where are you staying? It will affect logistics.

3. Skiing Gus

Skiing Gus Hard Yards

Blue Cow - it should be relatively quieter and there's some easily accessible green runs and areas that move nicely into Blues. Perisher Front valley can be absolute mayhem!

4. nezumi

nezumi One of Us

I'd recommend having a good play with the Perisher website for your holiday dates before deciding.

As far as I can tell, in August Perisher are only offering adult group lessons from Front Valley, with kids' lessons being available at either Smiggin Holes or Blue Cow.

Next, decide if you need gear hire or not. Without gear hire, the cost is the same for a ticket for Smiggin Holes and Blue Cow. With hire, Blue Cow is $22 dearer, but this includes daily skitube use.

5. Bushy69

Bushy69 Hard Yards

Yep I just noticed that there are no kid lessons in August, so Blue Cow it is. Thanks for comments, appreciate it.

nezumi likes this.