places to sleep in your car in jindabyne

Majikthise

Sage
Ski Pass
Jan 1, 1970
Blue Mts
Telemark Phat said:
:cough: Bullocks Hut :cough:

It's not as it was though... a lot dirtier last i looked. Have spent many, many nights there.

Last edited by a moderator:

Craig D.

Hard Yards
Jul 21, 2005
Country Victoria
The hut is still there, in fact NPWS/KHA recently replaced the shingle roof and did a bit of maintenance around the place.

It's a good spot, just far enough away from the car park to discourage those pesky boarders
tongue.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

skull

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 4, 2017
jindy holiday park for sure! $10/20 a night for a camp site, access to hot showers, laundry, kitchen and you can walk over the road to nuggets crossing. 10/10 in my book
times have changed since 2008 - we booked an unpowered site to treat ourselves to a weekend in Jindy for august rather than national park and they are now $55 p/n but additional guests add to the cost. For 2 nights Fri/Sat in August with 2 adults and 2 kids was $200.

Well 190, a powered site was 316

snowMac

Hard Yards
Jun 10, 2011
NSW
Dunno about jindy itself, but you can camp (or sleep in your car at several campsites inside the national park, including just over the bridge as you enter the park on the way to perisher, which is, what? Ten minutes from jindy
Mate & his 2 sons (under 12) got pinned by Parks for sleeping in their Troop carrier in this park at entrance over bridge

Donza

Dogs body...
Ski Pass
Platinum
Apr 21, 2004
woonona
times have changed since 2008 - we booked an unpowered site to treat ourselves to a weekend in Jindy for august rather than national park and they are now $55 p/n but additional guests add to the cost. For 2 nights Fri/Sat in August with 2 adults and 2 kids was $200.

Well 190, a powered site was 316
Nrma?

Reactions: skull

skull

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 4, 2017
I noticed an unofficial camping ground has opened up on Alpine way. It appears on the right hand side as going towards the ski tube. Where it goes from 100 to 80 and you go uphill.

I did see the odd caravan there last year but coming home on Monday there were quite a few people there now.

dawooduck

relaxed and comfortable
Ski Pass
Oct 26, 2002
Mountains
I noticed an unofficial camping ground has opened up on Alpine way. It appears on the right hand side as going towards the ski tube. Where it goes from 100 to 80 and you go uphill.

I did see the odd caravan there last year but coming home on Monday there were quite a few people there now.

Was a bit more hidden last year, now in your face with $$$$ jumbo vans

skull

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 4, 2017
Was a bit more hidden last year, now in your face with $$$$ jumbo vans
is it private property or public land?

People are taking the piss there now though, if you were planning on some dodgy camping I would have thought stealth would be a better option. It almost looked like a caravan park on Monday.

dawooduck

relaxed and comfortable
Ski Pass
Oct 26, 2002
Mountains
is it private property or public land?

People are taking the piss there now though, if you were planning on some dodgy camping I would have thought stealth would be a better option. It almost looked like a caravan park on Monday.

Good question, no idea if private or public.

Jacko4650

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 15, 2014
I decided to pull over and ask a chap who was set up with a caravan in plain sight. He and wife are travelling for two years. Same for second caravan, a family, who had just popped into Jindy for supplies. He said there were about another 4 there last night - nobody had said anything to either of them about not camping there. If it's RMS land (or whatever they are called these days), it could be a fatigue zone? It's tiring driving from Jindy all the way out to Thredbo you know. There were plenty of hidden spots over the back toward an old quarry.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Learn how membership works on these forums
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass